A first time Mock Draft ... what do you think?

Omaha_Dolfan

Pro Bowler
Joined
Sep 7, 2003
Messages
999
Reaction score
0
Age
52
Location
Omaha
Trade #2 to Minnesota for #7 and #18

Surtain to KC for #46

First Round
#7 Derrick Johnson, LB, Texas
#18 Mark Clayton, WR, Oklahoma
Second Round
#46 Josh Bullocks, S, Nebraska
Third Round
#70 C.J. Mosley, DT, Missouri
Fourth Round
#104 Andrew Walter, QB, Arizona St
Fifth Round
#138 Maurice Clarett, RB, Ohio St
Seventh Round
#216 Erik Pears, OT, Colorado St

edit: I know the value chart on the trade to Minny says we are getting screwed but with the players who should be available at their picks I dont think it is as bad as it seems.
 

Omaha_Dolfan

Pro Bowler
Joined
Sep 7, 2003
Messages
999
Reaction score
0
Age
52
Location
Omaha
DallasDolfan said:
Need a RB in there other than Clarrett
Call me optomistic but I think with Gordon and Morris Clarrett will work in Linehans system as a RB by Committee that is if Ricky doesnt come back.
 

Clark Kent

Man of Steel
Joined
Jan 18, 2005
Messages
2,944
Reaction score
0
Omaha_Dolfan said:
Trade #2 to Minnesota for #7 and #18

Surtain to KC for #46

First Round
#7 Derrick Johnson, LB, Texas
#18 Mark Clayton, WR, Oklahoma
Second Round
#46 Josh Bullocks, S, Nebraska
Third Round
#70 C.J. Mosley, DT, Missouri
Fourth Round
#104 Andrew Walter, QB, Arizona St
Fifth Round
#138 Maurice Clarett, RB, Ohio St
Seventh Round
#216 Erik Pears, OT, Colorado St

edit: I know the value chart on the trade to Minny says we are getting screwed but with the players who should be available at their picks I dont think it is as bad as it seems.
Not bad... Minnesota isn't getting screwed of draft value. They're getting the better end of the deal in fact.

I could live with DJ at 7, but IMO Spears would be the better pick (as he is ranked on my draft board and a Saban player).

I would go Fason with the 3rd round pick, or Ronnie Fielder > Mosely (Saban has scouted Fields a bunch since the start).

Walters? Not thanks, he's a bum who never got it done in college. If you like 50% completion then by all means he's the guy in the 4th.
 

JTaylor99

Active Roster
Joined
Feb 21, 2005
Messages
685
Reaction score
0
Age
31
Location
West Palm Beach
I'd rather see a RB with the #7 pick, Benson or Williams whichever's left, but other than that I like it.
 

Omaha_Dolfan

Pro Bowler
Joined
Sep 7, 2003
Messages
999
Reaction score
0
Age
52
Location
Omaha
Im not a big fan of Walters either but he seems to have the tools to be decent if not good. Figured it is between Fiedler and Gus this year so a year or two later he might be something.

edit:
Gus Frerotte
 

kizzaboo

Seasoned Veteran
Joined
Mar 29, 2005
Messages
909
Reaction score
4
Location
USD
Omaha_Dolfan said:
Im not a big fan of Walters either but he seems to have the tools to be decent if not good. Figured it is between Fiedler and Gus this year so a year or two later he might be something.
Did Gus get sent over to the Jets too?..
 

beejay05

Seasoned Veteran
Joined
Aug 29, 2004
Messages
725
Reaction score
0
Age
37
Location
Miami
I would go Caddy with pick #7. Is there any chance Thomas Davis is there at #18? If so that is my pick. Also at 18 I wouldnt mind Demarcus Ware (DE/OLB) Then maybe WR in the second. Chris Henry is my choice.
 

finsrule84

Haha, charade you are!
Joined
Mar 18, 2005
Messages
1,115
Reaction score
0
Age
30
Location
Coral Springs, Fl
i like the idea of drafting someone called Mark Clayton. i wasn't around to watch the first one so it would be awesome
 

nick1

I am Groot
Moderator
Finheaven VIP
Joined
Jan 22, 2004
Messages
26,352
Reaction score
6,316
Location
FL
great Mock draft, the only thing I would change is drafting a RB like Mclendon or Barber III in the 3rd round. I don't trust Clarret, he's a headcase
 

JTaylor99

Active Roster
Joined
Feb 21, 2005
Messages
685
Reaction score
0
Age
31
Location
West Palm Beach
beejay05 said:
I would go Caddy with pick #7. Is there any chance Thomas Davis is there at #18? If so that is my pick. Also at 18 I wouldnt mind Demarcus Ware (DE/OLB) Then maybe WR in the second. Chris Henry is my choice.
Thomas Davis is most likely going to be picked by the saints at #16. And I think Chris Henry may last into the third round, like around 70 something.
 

General Tso

Seasoned Veteran
Joined
Jan 20, 2005
Messages
1,118
Reaction score
4
Location
Missouri
Omaha_Dolfan said:
Trade #2 to Minnesota for #7 and #18

Surtain to KC for #46

First Round
#7 Derrick Johnson, LB, Texas
#18 Mark Clayton, WR, Oklahoma
Second Round
#46 Josh Bullocks, S, Nebraska
Third Round
#70 C.J. Mosley, DT, Missouri
Fourth Round
#104 Andrew Walter, QB, Arizona St
Fifth Round
#138 Maurice Clarett, RB, Ohio St
Seventh Round
#216 Erik Pears, OT, Colorado St

edit: I know the value chart on the trade to Minny says we are getting screwed but with the players who should be available at their picks I dont think it is as bad as it seems.
I would be extremely disappointed with that draft. At #7 Caddy, Benson, Mike Williams, Troy Williamson, and Antrell Rolle would be better selections. I like Clayton, but he's only going to be a good #2 WR and we already have that in Chambers and Booker. Walter is inaccurate and poor accuracy in college is usually an indicator that they won't be a very good pro. Clarett will probably be around in the 7th round.
 

JTaylor99

Active Roster
Joined
Feb 21, 2005
Messages
685
Reaction score
0
Age
31
Location
West Palm Beach
General Tso said:
I would be extremely disappointed with that draft. At #7 Caddy, Benson, Mike Williams, Troy Williamson, and Antrell Rolle would be better selections. I like Clayton, but he's only going to be a good #2 WR and we already have that in Chambers and Booker. Walter is inaccurate and poor accuracy in college is usually an indicator that they won't be a very good pro. Clarett will probably be around in the 7th round.
I think Clayton's gonna be a good #1 reciever, and we could also probably get williamson at #18 so he wouldnt be a very good selection at #7.
 

General Tso

Seasoned Veteran
Joined
Jan 20, 2005
Messages
1,118
Reaction score
4
Location
Missouri
JTaylor99 said:
I think Clayton's gonna be a good #1 reciever, and we could also probably get williamson at #18 so he wouldnt be a very good selection at #7.
I don't think Williamson will last that long. Minnesota and Washington are strong top ten possibilities for him. After that Dallas, San Diego, Carolina, and Kansas City would all consider him.
 
Top Bottom