A gem on Jay from Alex | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

A gem on Jay from Alex

Originally posted by booyeah_

Why is everybody sticking up for Fiedler? Am I the only person who sees his lame throws, and poor decisions?

Yeah he "led"a few comebacks, but take a closer look:

1) Raiders- Although he did a great job at the last drive, remember that we would not have to comeback if he did not make costly mistakes early in the game.

2)Seahawks-Like the Raiders game, he came up with big plays at the end, but he put us in the hole in the first place

3)Colts-See Raiders and Seahawks

4)Bills-This was one of Fiedler' s two great games. The other being @Titans

5)Broncos- This game was decided by the INT return

I'll give Fiedler credit where he deserves it. He is an athletic guy who plays with heart, but when it comes to arm strength, consistency, or accuracy he is horrible.

I wouldn't mind Fiedler if he takes a 1-2 year deal for 2mill a year. That way we could draft Byron Leftwich, Jason Thomas, Eli Manning, or some young QB and they could slowly develop. The thing that ticks me off is all this talk about Fiedler getting long deals for 4 to 5 million. He is an average to decent starter;thats it no more no less.

I totally agree with you. I think he is unreliable and makes tons of bad throws. I do give him credit in his good games, like against the Bills and Titans. As for Mare, he is damn straight the best kicker in the league. I am happy he gets paid 2 million to play for us, the kicker can decide if you win or lose. A crappy kicker can blow a game for you, just ask the Steelers or the 1991 Bills.

Fiedlers Stock

I guess most of the problems that you have listed about Fiedler are true but you fail to remember that in the last 5 to 6 games he cut down on his misreads and took better care of the football. And I will be the first one to admit that Fiedler was very frustrating in the 2 Jest games, when he actually thought that he could (single handedly) carry the team on his shoulders.. But if you as a Dolphin fan cannot see Jay being named the starting qb this season,,,, then who are we going to get Aikmen ? Lucas ? how about bringing in Jeff George of the scrap heap,, my point is that while Fiedler will never be confused with Marino in the Phins history as the greatest qb,, he is a very seviceable quarterback and if the injuries along the offensive line and other key areas on both sides of the ball can be minimized this season,, I really believe we can be the team that all of us Dolphin fans have been waiting ,wishing, and hoping for !!! Marino1983:D

Taking Fiedler would be settling for an average QB, something this franchise hasn't really done. We had greats like Griese and Marino, and now we want some average guy. Come on

we had some dogs too..............

Originally posted by iceblizzard69
Taking Fiedler would be settling for an average QB, something this franchise hasn't really done. We had greats like Griese and Marino, and now we want some average guy. Come on
jim del gaizo, dick wood, scott secules, kim hammond, etc!:rolleyes:

Re: we had some dogs too..............

Originally posted by dolfan06
jim del gaizo, dick wood, scott secules, kim hammond, etc!:rolleyes:

But how many average QBs has this franchise been willing to make long term deals with? If Fiedler is looking for a team to take him for 3-5 years, go to Washington.

but you fail to remember that in the last 5 to 6 games he cut down on his misreads and took better care of the football.

In our last 6 games we lost to the only two playoff teams we played. Out of those 6 games only once did Fiedler throw for over 200 yards. Except for SF and NE, those were inferior teams.

http://www.nfl.com/players/gamelogs/12363_gamelog.htm

booyeah & co. - what you are forgetting is that Jay should almost never need to throw for that many yards for us to win or this team will never be good enough. Remember Brady threw for like 150 yards and won SB MVP because he played behind a solid D, great ST and good running game.

Originally posted by dolphan39
booyeah & co. - what you are forgetting is that Jay should almost never need to throw for that many yards for us to win or this team will never be good enough. Remember Brady threw for like 150 yards and won SB MVP because he played behind a solid D, great ST and good running game.

Am I the only one who finds it disturbing that people expect nothing out of a QB nowadays?

God forbid I expect some production out of the quarterback. Fiedler is 30. He has no upside, his play will not improve. We must pick up a young QB in the next few years who can groom into a productive starter.

i think cade can do it...........

give him a couple years, he not only has to learn the system, i think he thought the pros were an extension of college!:eek: :D

Am I the only one who finds it disturbing that people expect nothing out of a QB nowadays?

God forbid I expect some production out of the quarterback. Fiedler is 30. He has no upside, his play will not improve. We must pick up a young QB in the next few years who can groom into a productive starter.

Of course it's disturbing, but what do we have to chose from?
Wanna hear my nightmare?
We sign Jay for 3years\11mil with a 5mil signing bonus only to see Cade beat him out for the starters role next preseason.

Originally posted by inFINSible
Of course it's disturbing, but what do we have to chose from?
Wanna hear my nightmare?
We sign Jay for 3years\11mil with a 5mil signing bonus only to see Cade beat him out for the starters role next preseason.
That would only be a nightmare if we suck w/Cade as QB as well ;) :( - look at NE and the 100mil backup QB :p

Well Fiedler supporters show that they don't expect anything from the QB, otherwise they wouldn't be supporting him. Go Cade in 2002!

Originally posted by iceblizzard69
Well Fiedler supporters show that they don't expect anything from the QB, otherwise they wouldn't be supporting him.

I expect the QB:
  • to hand the ball off
  • not take stupid sacks
  • get key 1st downs/Tds scrambling
  • not throw INTs
  • be good at throwing short passes
  • run the game plan the coaches give him without trying to win it all on their own

Back
Top Bottom