A gem on Jay from Alex

Originally posted by dolphan39

I expect the QB:
  • to hand the ball off
  • not take stupid sacks
  • get key 1st downs/Tds scrambling
  • not throw INTs
  • be good at throwing short passes
  • run the game plan the coaches give him without trying to win it all on their own

You expect A QB to not throw INTs, but your a Fiedler supporter??? Something isn't right.

I am sick of little 1 yard screen passes thrown by weak armed Fiedler.

I want to see somebody w/ an arm to throw a decent throw deep to Chambers once a quarter, or anything that might make defenses respect the passing game and not gain up on the run game.

This is the NFL, eventually a QB will be asked to play quarterback. Stop with this conservative thinking.

Originally posted by dolfan87
Man this is getting old.

I would HAVE to agree to that.

I am going to make one post about this entire thing... because I, like 87, gave up on the subject.

It's plain and simple, no line = no running back = no quarterback.

Now, cover one of those up... no rb = no qb.... no line = no qb.

The Dolphins were hurt... plain and simple. We didn't have any line to give Fiedler time, nor did he have a running back for the defenses to look out for, thus, they could do a simple 4 man front and pressure Fiedler... thus, leading to sometimes bad decision making.

You expect Fiedler to do the impossible, play God or something. We'll he wont, and he isn't. No quarterback will... plain and simple.

IMO, Fiedler made the best out of nothing. Crap, even the defense wasn't playing as it was last year. So now you are going to tell me Fiedler played cornerback or defensive line, that explains the Ravens game, right?

IMO, Fiedler played the BEST during the Ravens game... it seemed that he was the only player out there playing.

I don't know what you guys expect... However, I know that Jay Fiedler has potential... Norv will show you that.

BTW, to those that said that Fiedler isn't strong enough to throw the long ball, lets not forget that receivers play part in that as well. Furthermore, not all great quarterbacks can throw a great long ball, they have great receivers.

All in all, I support Fiedler. He made the best of nothing... what more do you want... oh thats right, perfection.... well, go to another team.... no wait... no one's perfect.

i'm taking the 5th.............

on this discussion, in fact the best way to watch a football game is with a 5th, of anything!;) :D

Originally posted by FinHeavenAJ

I would HAVE to agree to that.

I am going to make one post about this entire thing... because I, like 87, gave up on the subject.

It's plain and simple, no line = no running back = no quarterback.

Now, cover one of those up... no rb = no qb.... no line = no qb.

The Dolphins were hurt... plain and simple. We didn't have any line to give Fiedler time, nor did he have a running back for the defenses to look out for, thus, they could do a simple 4 man front and pressure Fiedler... thus, leading to sometimes bad decision making.

You expect Fiedler to do the impossible, play God or something. We'll he wont, and he isn't. No quarterback will... plain and simple.

IMO, Fiedler made the best out of nothing. Crap, even the defense wasn't playing as it was last year. So now you are going to tell me Fiedler played cornerback or defensive line, that explains the Ravens game, right?

IMO, Fiedler played the BEST during the Ravens game... it seemed that he was the only player out there playing.

I don't know what you guys expect... However, I know that Jay Fiedler has potential... Norv will show you that.

BTW, to those that said that Fiedler isn't strong enough to throw the long ball, lets not forget that receivers play part in that as well. Furthermore, not all great quarterbacks can throw a great long ball, they have great receivers.

All in all, I support Fiedler. He made the best of nothing... what more do you want... oh thats right, perfection.... well, go to another team.... no wait... no one's perfect.

VERY well said AJ.

Wasn't constant pressure from a four man front, dropping 7 into coverage, the only way to beat Warner?
Hmmmmmm......

Originally posted by Dolfan984
Why are we comparing Fiedler to Warner? Warner has a good D line though.

I'm not the first to do that, I am just trying to make a point that Jay was up against this defense almost all the time and was semi successful.

Originally posted by Dolfan984
Why are we comparing Fiedler to Warner? Warner has a good D line though.

I don't know. Warner just kills Fiedler in every single way in the comparison.

Nah, Fiedler can run better, throw on the run better, and take a hit better than Warner. Warner is better at everything else.

Then again having the team he has doesn't hurt ;)

Originally posted by iceblizzard69
Who needs short passes? We have Chambers and we need a QB who can throw the longball (Cade.)
guess you did not watch the Super Bowl :rolleyes:

short passes to keep............

the defense out of the box, and a running game to control the ball! defense is the main priority, D wins games!:D

Back
Top Bottom