A gem on Jay from Alex | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

A gem on Jay from Alex

Originally posted by Dolfan984
VERY well said AJ.
I, of course, 2nd that motion. Jay still has the ability and potential to be as good as the AFC's starting Pro Bowl QB and the Pro Bowl MVP given a decent O coordinator, OL and running game. Jay can only aspire to be like Gannon. Jay will never be Marino, Manning, Warner or Favre and we will never get anyone that good via FA so whenever you consider the QB situation you must do it strictly based on the Fins situation - which is that we spend 2/3 of our payroll on our D. You can talk about getting Brunnell's unless you are gonna cut the likes of Tim Bo and Brick and Rodgers and Surtain.:fire: :yell:

surtain did pick up.............

alot of holding calls this season and bowens seemed to be in a fog, i don't know if that was just because gardener wasn't there to support him or what. you just didn't hear his name called much!:D

Re: surtain did pick up.............

Originally posted by dolfan06
alot of holding calls this season and bowens seemed to be in a fog, i don't know if that was just because gardener wasn't there to support him or what. you just didn't hear his name called much!:D
part of Bowens problem was Bates' scheme that did not let the DT's penetrate and try to make plays, but just asked them to clog the middle - which they did not do too well w/o Big D. :(

Re: Re: surtain did pick up.............

Originally posted by dolphan39
part of Bowens problem was Bates' scheme that did not let the DT's penetrate and try to make plays, but just asked them to clog the middle - which they did not do too well w/o Big D. :(
so it seems this whole off season revolves around gardener being able to go again?:(

Re: Re: Re: surtain did pick up.............

Originally posted by dolfan06
so it seems this whole off season revolves around gardener being able to go again?:(
that is huge. and we need him to re-negotiate :(

I dont really see any better options for the dolphins than to sign jay for about 2 mil a year and then come next year there should be some good qbs in the draft and cade will have a year of experience and we can go from there. until 2003 i am comfortable with jay leading this team. the job he did with the team this year was pretty good(11 wins) considering how soft the defense and running games were.

Well, its good to see some so called Dol-Fans are actually football fans as well, and actually understand the game(A.J., InFinsible,87etc.)! I, the so called CLOWN, am tired of the unwavering battle to educate the ignorant! Fans throwing hissy fits because they cant get a high priced QB to fold under pressure! Its unbelievable, here we had the hands down greatest QB ever to play the game(Marino) and never got it done, not because he lacked QB skills, but because the supporting cast was never up to snuff! And its still a point to be made that Kurt Warner is better than Jay Fiedler!? So F'in what, the Rams dont win because Warner is better than most QB's in the NFL, they win because they have the most team chemistry, and the WILL! Guys like Iceblizzard, and the great Phinmaster, will never get it! There are a few others on here too, who shared the short yellow bus! The simple THOUGHT that an INT is strictly the QB's fault further lets me know, you dont know what you're talking about! Dude had the nerve to say something about Fiedler being the culprit in the first place, in order to be the hero, then saying we dont expect much out of the QB. Excuse me sir, but what do you expect outta WR's. Booyeah, go back to the tape(raider Game), and you look a little closer, and tell me young CC shoudnt have at least attempted to knock that ball away! You cant! Same situation on at least a dozen other bad throws. Jays no Marino and damn sure aint no savior, but if you know anything about the sport, you would know he's for damn sure a FOOTBALL PLAYER! 'Nuff said!!

the main problem jay had............

was his decision making. to avoid the sack, he would throw into double and triple coverage. i think in the last half of the season, that has been corrected. and you're right, the fins did have a big name QB and couldn't get it done. i think more time and money should be spent on a supporting cast!:D

Originally posted by PHINFAN4LIFE
Well, its good to see some so called Dol-Fans are actually football fans as well, and actually understand the game(A.J., InFinsible,87etc.)! I, the so called CLOWN, am tired of the unwavering battle to educate the ignorant! Fans throwing hissy fits because they cant get a high priced QB to fold under pressure! Its unbelievable, here we had the hands down greatest QB ever to play the game(Marino) and never got it done, not because he lacked QB skills, but because the supporting cast was never up to snuff! And its still a point to be made that Kurt Warner is better than Jay Fiedler!? So F'in what, the Rams dont win because Warner is better than most QB's in the NFL, they win because they have the most team chemistry, and the WILL! Guys like Iceblizzard, and the great Phinmaster, will never get it! There are a few others on here too, who shared the short yellow bus! The simple THOUGHT that an INT is strictly the QB's fault further lets me know, you dont know what you're talking about! Dude had the nerve to say something about Fiedler being the culprit in the first place, in order to be the hero, then saying we dont expect much out of the QB. Excuse me sir, but what do you expect outta WR's. Booyeah, go back to the tape(raider Game), and you look a little closer, and tell me young CC shoudnt have at least attempted to knock that ball away! You cant! Same situation on at least a dozen other bad throws. Jays no Marino and damn sure aint no savior, but if you know anything about the sport, you would know he's for damn sure a FOOTBALL PLAYER! 'Nuff said!!

It is sad to see that almost all of you are settling for mediocre. And I never called you a clown.

Originally posted by iceblizzard69
It is sad to see that almost all of you are settling for mediocre. And I never called you a clown.
If mediocre is good enough for the 2001-2 Pats and 2000-1 Ravens it is good enough for me :D

your putting out short posts..........

Originally posted by dolphan39
If mediocre is good enough for the 2001-2 Pats and 2000-1 Ravens it is good enough for me :D
but this one is a winner too!:D :D :D :D :D :D

I don't think anyone wants to settle for anything, it is simply wanting to field the best team we can. The cap comes into play, and also who is available. Jay has as much arm as Gannon, but what Gannon has on Jay is experience. I have seen Fiedler throw the ball 50 yards, that is plenty of arm.

My question is why focus on Jay? As PhinPhan pointed out, Marino never got it done...and he was the best QB to ever throw a ball.

Originally posted by PHINFAN4LIFE

Yeah Chambers should of jumped up there, but it was a weak throw and it was his second game in the pros. Why are all these Fiedler fans trying to put down Chambers? Besides maybe Wade, Chambers is our only offensive player who can make the Pro Bowl or All Pro.

Back
Top Bottom