A gem on Jay from Alex | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

A gem on Jay from Alex

Originally posted by dolphan39
Jay is only a 1 or 2 year solution, Rohan Davey would be a great pick up. He impressed the hell out of me whenever I saw him play. What round is he projected to go in ?

At least you admit Jay shouldn't be a long term thing. I say draft Dorsey next year and do whatever it takes to make what I am saying possible.

The Fiedler SAGA

I have to agree 150% Finfanforlife.. The only way that Miami is going to get a better qb - is to either trade up and draft one, or mortagage the Salary Cap and bring in a Bledsoe or someone else who the coaches would think was an upgrade but in reality could turn out to be an Elvis GARBAGE !!!! Marino1983

Thats only truth Marino'83. Nothin' but!! As his confidence and familiarity level goes up, so will his level of play elevate!

the QB crop in the AFC this year was so bad that Jay would have made the Pro Bowl if he played all 16 games like he played the last 7

the game he played...........

Originally posted by dolphan39
the QB crop in the AFC this year was so bad that Jay would have made the Pro Bowl if he played all 16 games like he played the last 7
against oakland was pretty damned good. i think he really played well in over half the games. SF, st louis and the last jets game were really bad!

Re: the game he played...........

Originally posted by dolfan06
against oakland was pretty damned good. i think he really played well in over half the games. SF, st louis and the last jets game were really bad!

Everyone played terrible against those teams...not just Jay.

Re: Re: the game he played...........

Originally posted by dolfan87

Everyone played terrible against those teams...not just Jay.
and i didn't say otherwise, did i? i was just commenting he played good in more than 7 games!;)

looks like Davey will be too high pick and I doubt we are taking a QB in the draft: http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/columns/20020215/freeneyanddaveysdraftsta.html

Hello Mr. Pompei:

I think that LSU's Rohan Davey is an excellent quarterback prospect for the NFL. He may lack the experience and polish of some of the other candidates, but at a mobile 6-3, 240 pounds with a very strong arm (he can throw a spiral 60 yards in the air off his back foot) he is a better athlete with more upside than most. (Despite his athletic ability, his style of play resembles Peyton Manning more than Kordell Stewart.)

He has also shown toughness, leadership, and an ability to cope with adversity; intangibles that a lot of "prototypes" with big numbers lack. What do you think of his chances, and what are NFL scouts saying? Thanks.

Donald Stith
Fort Lauderdale, Fla.

***Donald: Rohan Davey has garnered quite a bit of attention of late, and now looks to be a solid bet to be chosen no later than the third round. His stock really rose during his senior season, when he showed he can be a quarterback as well as an athlete. Currently, there are three quarterbacks who are ranked clearly ahead of him: David Carr, Joey Harrington and Patrick Ramsey.

Davey is a rare blend with size, athleticism, a big arm and mobility. He might be a little like Daunte Culpepper. The key for him is consistency. He is an exciting prospect who could end up being truly special. Some alarms went off when he showed up at the Senior Bowl weighing a heavy 251, but Davey's agent Joel Segal assures me Davey will be about 238 for the combine at the end of the month.

Fiedler debate far from over.

This Fiedler debate is far from over. His resigning doesn't end it. In fact, now that Jay Fiedler has the moniker of being a $5 million a year QB (regardless if he's only going to see 2 years and $6 million of that money) is going to put him under even more scrutiny.

He's already the most hated QB the Dolphins have ever had.

So, what Miami has done here is overpay in the long run for a weak armed QB that can't read a defense to save his life.

He couldn't read a defense when Chan Gailey gave him 2 reads to make. How's he going to read the multiple reads that Norv Turner's offense brings?

It's a pain to watch this guy play to me. I'm tired of seeing Oronde Gadsden and Chris Chambers have to do acrobatic acts just to catch a football. Chambers would be so much more effective if he had a QB that could actually hit him in stride as he is blowing past some poor, helpless defensive back. As it is, he always has to cut off his route and come back to a rainbow that Jay has just lobbed up in the air. That's the extent of the Dolphins deep passing game - throw it up and hope your man comes down with it.

His lack of ability will always limit this offense.

Here we go again

Ok KB. Since this was such a horrible move on our part, what SHOULD we have done instead of re-signing Fiedler. Can't wait to hear this one.

They could have let the market set his value, of which I'm willing to bet that no one else would have offered him a starting job. That way, if they really wanted to keep him so badly, they could have kept him for peanuts.

I would have signed Trent Dilfer. Smarter player. Better arm.

Gus Frerotte has better tangible qualities and has played in Norv's system before.

Could have at least inquired to see what the Patriots would have asked for Drew Bledsoe.

What the team should do now is make QB a high priority in the draft. In the third or fourth round, this team has to take one. Someone like Josh McCown or Rohan Davey....players that actually have some quarterbacking ability unilke the guy Miami just resigned.

Back
Top Bottom