A gem on Jay from Alex | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

A gem on Jay from Alex

Am I going to be persecuted next because I don't like Jay? Hmmmm........I choose the tar and feather option please. ;) I don't possess the dead-ass accurate information to either defend him or bash him. I simply go on my feeling about him from what I have seen. I will support the Dolphins FOREVER and I will accept that Fiedler is our quarterback, basically because I have no other choice. At least, I can agree with his contract.

Just as they did in Dallas!

Originally posted by KB21
This is the quote from Jay Fiedler that was in the Sun-Sentinel article that is now in the archives.

"I underthrew the ball on the interceptions, but we expect our receivers to make a play on the ball."

That came straight from Jay's mouth. He may not have mentioned Chambers by name, but the fact that Chambers was the intended target means that that statement is a backwards criticism of Chambers.

I figured I would be the one that gets called out on this as well, seeing as how I am not the type of person that will toe the company line.

Must be another homers only board.

... I have informed you several times over the years that GOOD QB's throw deep balls with loft. This gives your WR the BEST opportunity to make a play on the ball. In Dallas they had Michael Irvin who did not lose a battle for the ball.

Now with Gadsden and Chambers the Dolphins would be foolish to not employ throwing the deep ball with loft philosophy. It is an OLD SCHOOL attitude, but more often than not it is a recipe for success.

The Cowboys did it, and JJ brought that mindset here to Miami and with Wanny and Norv here now you had better get use to it. Even if Marino were still here he would be throwing the deep ball as he did his last years under JJ, which is with loft. It is called being coached.

Contrary to what you spew, the frozen rope for a 50-yard TD is as rare as the day is LONG. It simply does not happen with any consistency in the NFL because the defenses in the NFL are way too good.

By the way one of the few QB's I have seen throw a 40-yard plus throw on a frozen rope for a TD has been Jay Fiedler. Back in 2000 to (I forget his name right now) #84 in the Jets game in NY, and again in 2001 to McKnight in the Seattle game.

And I see you have now again insulted an entire MBoard. I told them you were the bell of the ball.

Oliver...

Ahh you hit it on the HEAD!

Originally posted by miadphan13
Am I going to be persecuted next because I don't like Jay? Hmmmm........I choose the tar and feather option please. ;) I don't possess the dead-ass accurate information to either defend him or bash him. I simply go on my feeling about him from what I have seen. I will support the Dolphins FOREVER and I will accept that Fiedler is our quarterback, basically because I have no other choice. At least, I can agree with his contract.

... you are a Dolphins fan. KB has long been accused of being a Jets fan. Where you may not like a player here and there, you still want the Dolphins to do well. Why? Because you actually care about the Dolphins.

I have been watching KB's act for 4-years now, he has rarely made a positive post concerning the Dolphins. My guess would be he has made 3 positive posts over that time frame concerning the Dolphins. At some point the truth becomes beyond clear!

For myself I did not care for KAJ or McDuffie because I felt OJ was over rated. But I always wanted them to do well, but it didn't stop me from expressing myself.

In this tar and feather thing, is there any JELLO and WHIP CREAM involved? :)

Oliver...

In regards to the two Seattle INTs....I don't care who said what. Chris Chambers WAS partly at fault on those two Seattle INTs. It's the WR's JOB to fight for the ball whenever possible.

Anybody can just go out and run the route. A good receiver is going to adjust and/or fight for the ball. You never give up on a play, EVER. Chambers learned this and it showed later in the season, namely at Buffalo.

OK, This is what I have so far going back through my material.

From the Sun Sentinel:

Dolphins quarterback Jay Fiedler received support from an unexpected source Monday after throwing two interceptions the previous day in a 24-20 victory at Seattle.

During a meeting with Dolphins coach Dave Wannstedt, O.J. McDuffie said fellow receiver Chris Chambers was largely to blame for Fiedler being picked off twice in the first quarter.

"His [McDuffie's] observation on both was, `The ball is a little bit underthrown, but we've got to come back and knock the ball down,'" Wannstedt said of his conversation with McDuffie.

Wannstedt agreed that Chambers could have done a better job competing with Seahawks cornerback Willie Williams for both interceptions. Fiedler and Chambers also had miscommunication on a pass that was intercepted by St. Louis cornerback Dre' Bly last month in a 42-10 loss.

Players were not available for comment Monday, but Fiedler admitted last week that he still isn't in sync with Chambers.

"We still need a little bit of work," said Fiedler, who has thrown nine interceptions in the past five games. "There's still some things he sees a little differently that we have to get him up to speed on. But he's doing a great job, and the coaches are making sure that we're putting him in positions that he doesn't have to read that much so we are on the same page."

Wannstedt also isn't down on Chambers, who caught three passes for 76 yards against the Seahawks. A 43-yard Chambers reception on a third-and-10 in the third quarter helped keep alive a Dolphins drive that eventually resulted in a game-tying touchdown.

Chambers has quickly emerged as the Dolphins' best deep threat, leading the team in receiving average (19.7 yards) on his 14 catches.

"You're talking about a rookie playing his sixth [NFL] game who didn't come out of a passing school," said Wannstedt, who selected Chambers from Wisconsin in the second round of April's draft. "So everything that happens new for this kid is kind of a new experience."

Wannstedt then showed he is able to joke about the situation -- for now.

"The positive thing with Chris is he's leading our offense in tackles with six after the interceptions," a laughing Wannstedt said. "That's a stat we don't want to keep track of."

Now you can sit there and say Jay is bashing Chris, but he said those comments prior to playing the Seattle game. He wasn't, nor could he be blaming Chris for them as he hadn't played the game yet. He was simply talking about needing to get Chambers up to speed on some things, which is expected of a rookie.

The Comment YOU pointed out ther KB, was made by McDuffie, so get your facts straight.

Originally posted by miadphan13

Why can't all the Fiedler bashers be as smart as you?

BTW, the tar and feather option comes with a mandatory photo to be used as your next avatar!;)
although I'm still missing that last avatar, grrrr.

Originally posted by dolfan87
OK, This is what I have so far going back through my material.

From the Sun Sentinel:

Dolphins quarterback Jay Fiedler received support from an unexpected source Monday after throwing two interceptions the previous day in a 24-20 victory at Seattle.

During a meeting with Dolphins coach Dave Wannstedt, O.J. McDuffie said fellow receiver Chris Chambers was largely to blame for Fiedler being picked off twice in the first quarter.

"His [McDuffie's] observation on both was, `The ball is a little bit underthrown, but we've got to come back and knock the ball down,'" Wannstedt said of his conversation with McDuffie.

Wannstedt agreed that Chambers could have done a better job competing with Seahawks cornerback Willie Williams for both interceptions. Fiedler and Chambers also had miscommunication on a pass that was intercepted by St. Louis cornerback Dre' Bly last month in a 42-10 loss.

Players were not available for comment Monday, but Fiedler admitted last week that he still isn't in sync with Chambers.

"We still need a little bit of work," said Fiedler, who has thrown nine interceptions in the past five games. "There's still some things he sees a little differently that we have to get him up to speed on. But he's doing a great job, and the coaches are making sure that we're putting him in positions that he doesn't have to read that much so we are on the same page."

Wannstedt also isn't down on Chambers, who caught three passes for 76 yards against the Seahawks. A 43-yard Chambers reception on a third-and-10 in the third quarter helped keep alive a Dolphins drive that eventually resulted in a game-tying touchdown.

Chambers has quickly emerged as the Dolphins' best deep threat, leading the team in receiving average (19.7 yards) on his 14 catches.

"You're talking about a rookie playing his sixth [NFL] game who didn't come out of a passing school," said Wannstedt, who selected Chambers from Wisconsin in the second round of April's draft. "So everything that happens new for this kid is kind of a new experience."

Wannstedt then showed he is able to joke about the situation -- for now.

"The positive thing with Chris is he's leading our offense in tackles with six after the interceptions," a laughing Wannstedt said. "That's a stat we don't want to keep track of."

Now you can sit there and say Jay is bashing Chris, but he said those comments prior to playing the Seattle game. He wasn't, nor could he be blaming Chris for them as he hadn't played the game yet. He was simply talking about needing to get Chambers up to speed on some things, which is expected of a rookie.

The Comment YOU pointed out ther KB, was made by McDuffie, so get your facts straight.

Well I guess you now embarrased KB so much that he won't return.:lol:

BTW, I am still a Fiedler hater. It's the inconsistency.

Originally posted by inFINSible

Why can't all the Fiedler bashers be as smart as you?

BTW, the tar and feather option comes with a mandatory photo to be used as your next avatar!;)
although I'm still missing that last avatar, grrrr.

Hey Miad, how come no Dolphins cheerleader outfits? lol

You can dislike Jay, I have no problems with people who think Jay isn't the QB for us. Just don't sit here and tell me misinformation and expect me to accept it. :D

It's not misinformation. The article this quote was in is in the Sun-Sentinel's paid archives. If you want to pay for it, you can retrive it.

I don't make things up.

He also made other comments like:

"I'll take the blame, whether it is my fault or not." That's not taking the blame.

"I have more confidence in my offensive line."

Blaming interceptions on his offensive line for earlier in the year.

Not to mention that Jay still thinks the safety bit on the Jets interception in the endzone.

Originally posted by dolfan87

Hey Miad, how come no Dolphins cheerleader outfits? lol

You can dislike Jay, I have no problems with people who think Jay isn't the QB for us. Just don't sit here and tell me misinformation and expect me to accept it. :D

I am not a Fiedler supporter but I don't like it when people tell lies to convince others to hate Fiedler.

i didn't have the chance.............

Originally posted by iceblizzard69

I am not a Fiedler supporter but I don't like it when people tell lies to convince others to hate Fiedler.
to hear all the fiedler interviews, but i don't believe he blamed any of his problems on someone else. just from the articles i've read about him!:stooges:

KB21, I have a subscription to the paid archives. Why don't you cut and paste it in here for us? Cause darn it if I can't seem to find that quote coming out of Jay's mouth.

Bring the proof when you run your mouth.

as for this quote
"I'll take the blame, whether it is my fault or not."
That is being a leader...I don't know how you get this twisted in your head to where Jay is putting it on other people. He is simply telling us how it is. He will take the blame whether it is his to take or not.

"I have more confidence in my offensive line."

Dude you are soooooooo stretching for quotes it's pathetic. He states that he has more confidence in his line, and you turn it around to mean he is blaming them for the INT's? Did he say it? NO, is he implying it...not from what I can tell.

Next time you come on here with quotes, or Jay bashing material from the Sentinel, bring a link, or paste the whole thing...otherwise don't even start.

holy cow 87..............!

take a pill, have a drink, relax and chill dude! you're gettin rather hot about this KGB guy!:rolleyes:

Not getting hot 06, sorry if it comes off like that. Just stating facts here to refute KB's "degree in BS" :D

Re: Just as they did in Dallas!

Originally posted by Oliver

... I have informed you several times over the years that GOOD QB's throw deep balls with loft. This gives your WR the BEST opportunity to make a play on the ball. In Dallas they had Michael Irvin who did not lose a battle for the ball.

Now with Gadsden and Chambers the Dolphins would be foolish to not employ throwing the deep ball with loft philosophy. It is an OLD SCHOOL attitude, but more often than not it is a recipe for success.

Oliver...
Dallas starting with Preston Pearson mastered the art of pushing off and getting away with it, not sure the refs fall for the old school **** anymore :rolleyes: ;) :lol:

Back
Top Bottom