A gem on Jay from Alex | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

A gem on Jay from Alex

Yeah. Those are players that can actually throw the ball down the field and hit a receiver in stride. And you know what? Both have Pro-Bowls on their resume.

The only thing Jay has on his resume is that he is the only QB in the league that didn't win the job he has. It was given to him.

It was Damon Huard. DAMON HUARD. Fiedler could have been a right handed quarterback throwing with his left hand with blindfolds and still be better than Damon Huard.

Dilfer and Frerotte have probowls under their resume?????

Huh?

I agree with you Ice. Frerotte sucks, Dilfer is a little better. Fiedler is better for our system because of his mobility. One thing Norv said that he really liked about Jay.

Yeah. Fiedler is somehow better for Norv's system than Dilfer when the system is tailor made for a drop back passer, which is what Dilfer is.

You need to do your studying up on Norv's system. The passing part of Norv's system is based upon the Air Coryell system, which is what the Rams use. Do you want to tell me that Fiedler is better for the Rams than Warner is? I think not.

The only time Norv worked with a mobile QB was last year when he had Flutie, and Norv hated every minute of it. He wanted Flutie benched for the drop back guy, Drew Brees, but John Butler wouldn't have it.

Norv will run the ball more than Martz runs it because he also has deep roots in John Robinson's offensive system, which is the classic USC Student Body Right/Student Body Left offense.

So, no. Fiedler isn't better for the system than Dilfer. Dilfer is a drop back guy who can see the field and throw the ball down the field. He also isn't nearly as mistake prone as Fiedler.

Norv's system is different in that he uses his TEs and FBs a lot more in the passing game, than say the Rams do. Fiedler can buy time with his legs better than Dilfer can. I never said Fiedler compared to Warner. That would be stupid.

Ok KB

TRENT DILFER - Can't read a defense. Zero mobility. Asking price is $4 million. There's a reason he's about to join his 4th team in 4 years.

BLEDSOE - You actually believe that Pats would entertain the idea of trading Bledsoe to another AFC East team for nothing short of an exorbinant price??

FREROTTE - Guy's so smart, he head-butted a wall and knocked himself out of a game in 1997 (remember that??). Did it again with his shoulder in '98. This time it was Week 1 and it cost him his starting job. His best QB rating under Turner was 73.8. His career high is 17 TD passes. His best completion percentage was 57%. Zero mobility. There's also a reason why he's been with 3 teams in 4 years. Unlike Jay, he's regressed. And he's injury prone.

Rohan Davey has great measurables. But he's being re-taught the mechanics of throwing a football as we speak. Might be worth a risk. McCown too.

Sorry dude, but Miami did sign a guy that knows something about quarterbacking. He was one of the only bright spots we had on offense this year.

Jay isn't an overly run happy QB. He had to move to make plays last year because the Line sucked. Jay can take the ball, roll out a little, and be very accurate.

Using the T.E, and the FB, especially when we have a guy like Konrad on the team, will only help Jay in his check downs.

Gannon's arm isn't any better then Jay's, and they had a pretty good offense the last two years. Also just because Norv's "system" uses a lot of drop back passing, doesn't mean that any one type of QB can, or can't be successful in it. Daunte Culpepper is very successful, both dropping back, and also running with his 260lb frame. It's a drop back system, but he uses both aspects of his skills within it.

Jay is only the most hated QB to ever play in Miami simply because he isn't another Dan Marino. Jay is a (now) third year starter, who is growing and learning new things every year.

His first season he was just getting the hang of it, when he hurt his shoulder. He went 4 games without an INT, and then bammo...torn rotator, and they went through the roof.

2001, he had no O line, and no running game, he had to learn through the first half of the season not to try and win games all by himself. He cleaned it up, and played MUCH smarter in the second half. Now we have him signed up for 1.3 mill this season. I don't care what you say, 1.3 million, with the "easy out" for the Dolphins is a very fair deal for Miami...regardless if Jay had even tried the FA market.

Also Washington was going to make a serious run at Jay if he did hit the open market. The Bengals would have also looked seriously at him.

I personally would be swearing at my TV if Fiedler went to another team, and played well, while we struggled with either Cade, or Lucas...wouldn't you?

Let's just let the whole Jay thing go unil he either proves the supporters right, or blows it and makes all of you bashers look like prophets. Because all the talk in the world is not going to end this debate...period.

YOU ARE WLLING TO BET?

... since when do run the Dolphins?

You talk as if your insights ever bear any fruit. You have so many ideas when you hit on one you break your arm patting yourself on your back.

Sheesh man, you don't have clue #1 about the Dolphins. Like your math, how can defenses be in 8 man fronts and double covering both of our WR's? 8 + 4 = 12. Clue there are only 11 men allowed on the field on each side of the ball.

You say anything to make your point and it's still amazing to me some ppl actually think you know the 1st thing about pee wee football,let alone college ro the NFL. Stop cutting and pasting your opinions and form your own!

Oliver...

Yeah. Jay knows how to throw the ball into double coverage and then blame his receiver for it. Jay also knows how to throw the ball into triple coverage in the endzone and then turn around and say he'd do it again because the safety bit. The safety still hasn't bit on that play.

Jay also knows how to run with the ball when he's got a receiver that is wide open 20 yards down the field.

Dilfer CAN read a defense, and mobility isn't nearly important when you can actually throw the football. Dilfer is a much better QB than Fiedler.

Give me Frerottes tools to work with any day before you give me a no talent like Fiedler. I don't care if Frerotte did butt his head against a wall. He's put up more 300 yard passing games as a back up the last two years than Fiedler has as a starter.

KB it's all noise...

Originally posted by KB21
Yeah. Jay knows how to throw the ball into double coverage and then blame his receiver for it. Jay also knows how to throw the ball into triple coverage in the endzone and then turn around and say he'd do it again because the safety bit. The safety still hasn't bit on that play.

Jay also knows how to run with the ball when he's got a receiver that is wide open 20 yards down the field.

Dilfer CAN read a defense, and mobility isn't nearly important when you can actually throw the football. Dilfer is a much better QB than Fiedler.

Give me Frerottes tools to work with any day before you give me a no talent like Fiedler. I don't care if Frerotte did butt his head against a wall. He's put up more 300 yard passing games as a back up the last two years than Fiedler has as a starter.

... at this point, your opinion on Fiedler is completely moot. I can't express that strongly enough.

You are the same guy that never gives Fiedler any credit. The guy makes decent plays more so than BAD and you talk about is the BAD. I know why you do that. You don't even watch the darn games, you base your opinions from the Internet and the Internet alone.

Again I am sorry these fine ppl are going to have to tolerate your obviously disturbed ramblings. When you threaten Fiedler's life, which I am sure you will do. You do that at least twice a year. Then they will understand the Internet is also populated by disturbed ppl such as yourself.

Oliver...

I don't hate Jay because he isn't another Marino. I hate Jay because he sucks, has no talent, shouldn't be the starter on this team, never won the job in the first place, makes all kinds of excuses for his poor play.

I don't think Washington was going to make a run either. I was at the chat where Vinnie Cerrato made the statement that Miami was going to go nowhere with Jay at QB. Cerrato is only the Redskins Director of Football Operations now.

Oh, and out of respect for the people who moderate this board, I won't reply to any of Oliver's unwarranted attacks on me.

Originally posted by dolfan87
you don't go 22-10 with no talent.

Well, if all you want to use is the record, then I guess Damon Huard wasn't as bad as some of you want to think. After all, the team was 5-1 with this bum that everyone thought should have been replaced by Fiedler.

This starting job was and still is rightfully Damon Huard's. He was never beaten for that job. He was crapped on by a head coach who had made his mind up the day he signed Jay Fiedler. Open competition my ass. Dave hasn't allowed any competition with Fiedler since Fiedler has been here.

He won the job...

I don't hate Jay because he isn't another Marino. I hate Jay because he sucks, has no talent, shouldn't be the starter on this team, never won the job in the first place, makes all kinds of excuses for his poor play.

I don't think Washington was going to make a run either. I was at the chat where Vinnie Cerrato made the statement that Miami was going to go nowhere with Jay at QB. Cerrato is only the Redskins Director of Football Operations now.

Oh, and out of respect for the people who moderate this board, I won't reply to any of Oliver's unwarranted attacks on me.

... and all those excuses you talk about are only in a few ppl's heads. You are making stuff up and making broad implications that are not based in reality. They are only based in your head of fiction(s).

You don't sign a contract like Jay just did and expect any1 to take you seriously when you make the implications you always make. You have been proven WRONG again, and damn it's nice to see you squirm and look even sillier than usual! I know that's hard to do, but here you are.

And about Jay not winning the JOB, he outright played better than Huard in one game. Huard couldn't move his offense the entire 2000 pre-season and Jay could. This is why Jay is our starting QB and Huard is a 3rd string QB in New England.

Why don't you SPIN about Druckenmiller that carries a lil more weight, at least Druck had an arm.

Oliver...

A lil clue...

Well, if all you want to use is the record, then I guess Damon Huard wasn't as bad as some of you want to think. After all, the team was 5-1 with this bum that everyone thought should have been replaced by Fiedler.

This starting job was and still is rightfully Damon Huard's. He was never beaten for that job. He was crapped on by a head coach who had made his mind up the day he signed Jay Fiedler. Open competition my ass. Dave hasn't allowed any competition with Fiedler since Fiedler has been here.

... 5-1 is not the same as 21-10, it's not even in the ballpark!

Oliver...

Back
Top Bottom