A gem on Jay from Alex | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

A gem on Jay from Alex

dolphan39

Maria & LauRen Aha!
Reaction score
from http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/football/pro/dolphins/sfl-marvezqa.htmlstory
Q: Given the fact that the Dolphins evidently don't feel they need a top notch QB to get them to the Super Bowl, wouldn't it be a mistake to pay Jay Fiedler top money and hurt their cap number? Shouldn't they start one of their backups and spend the money to further strengthen their running game? Rick Buzell, LOVELL, ME

A: Actually, a Fiedler re-signing probably would provide short-term cap relief by lowering his $1.7 million cap figure. I believe Fiedler has proven himself worthy of leading this team and deserves a lucrative extension. The running game can be addressed through other means.

He is worth 1.7 for sure and then some. I hope Alex is right. :cool:

Maybe...but he sure as hell isn't worth 5 million!!! :fire: :yell:

Originally posted by Flyin11
Maybe...but he sure as hell isn't worth 5 million!!! :fire: :yell:
of course, we might be paying 1.7 mil for him for the next 10 years if he gets a big bonus and a L/T contract :eek:

Anybody in their right mind knows Jay wont get 5mil a year! Its what you call bargaining. Im not aiming my sarcasm at you guys, but they're a few Fiedler haters that want to make a big deal about the amount of money Jays AGENT is asking for! If only they would put themselves on the bargaining block for a minute, they would understand thats what negotiating is about. Start high, get a counter proposal and meet in the middle. Fact of the matter is Jay wants to be a Dolphin and the orgainzation as a whole wants Jay to return. So for all you haters out there, it doesnt matter how much you hate Jay or dont think he can get it done, the reality of it is Jay will receive his due. Rightfully so I might add. Hell Olindo plays about 4minutes a game and he gets 2mil, lets be realistic here fellas. Just be glad we dont have Bledsoe at 100mil! YA HEARD!

i'm not a fiedler basher.............

Originally posted by PHINFAN4LIFE
Anybody in their right mind knows Jay wont get 5mil a year! Its what you call bargaining. Im not aiming my sarcasm at you guys, but they're a few Fiedler haters that want to make a big deal about the amount of money Jays AGENT is asking for! If only they would put themselves on the bargaining block for a minute, they would understand thats what negotiating is about. Start high, get a counter proposal and meet in the middle. Fact of the matter is Jay wants to be a Dolphin and the orgainzation as a whole wants Jay to return. So for all you haters out there, it doesnt matter how much you hate Jay or dont think he can get it done, the reality of it is Jay will receive his due. Rightfully so I might add. Hell Olindo plays about 4minutes a game and he gets 2mil, lets be realistic here fellas. Just be glad we dont have Bledsoe at 100mil! YA HEARD!
in fact i've switched positions so many times you'd think i was running for congress. at this point i'm completely neutral on the subject!:goof:

of course you have to admit, making field goals and throwing INT's are a comptetely different thing!:D

Re: i'm not a fiedler basher.............

Originally posted by dolfan06
of course you have to admit, making field goals and throwing INT's are a comptetely different thing!:D

Damn Straight!!!! ;)
icon14.gif

but what if Jay only counted 1.7 mil ag. the Cap ? :rolleyes:

Except Bledsoe is one on the best QBs in the damn league, and he is way better then Brady. Watch him flourish next year wherever he goes when he doesn't get sacked like crazy.

Why is everybody sticking up for Fiedler? Am I the only person who sees his lame throws, and poor decisions?

Yeah he "led"a few comebacks, but take a closer look:

1) Raiders- Although he did a great job at the last drive, remember that we would not have to comeback if he did not make costly mistakes early in the game.

2)Seahawks-Like the Raiders game, he came up with big plays at the end, but he put us in the hole in the first place

3)Colts-See Raiders and Seahawks

4)Bills-This was one of Fiedler' s two great games. The other being @Titans

5)Broncos- This game was decided by the INT return

I'll give Fiedler credit where he deserves it. He is an athletic guy who plays with heart, but when it comes to arm strength, consistency, or accuracy he is horrible.

I wouldn't mind Fiedler if he takes a 1-2 year deal for 2mill a year. That way we could draft Byron Leftwich, Jason Thomas, Eli Manning, or some young QB and they could slowly develop. The thing that ticks me off is all this talk about Fiedler getting long deals for 4 to 5 million. He is an average to decent starter;thats it no more no less.

Hell Olindo plays about 4minutes a game and he gets 2mil, lets be realistic here fellas. Just be glad we dont have Bledsoe at 100mil! YA HEARD!
Let's not forget that Olindo Mare is one of the most reliable kickers in the NFL and earns every cent. It's not how long you play, it's what you do with the time you're on the field.:cool:

i will repeat flyins comments!

Originally posted by Jaydog57
Let's not forget that Olindo Mare is one of the most reliable kickers in the NFL and earns every cent. It's not how long you play, it's what you do with the time you're on the field.:cool:
DAMN STRAIGHT!

I hear ya BOOYEAH!! I couldn't have summed it up any better!!Yes Jay, led the comeback against the RAIDERS but Jay gave the RAIDERS 10 points in turnovers and 2 in a sack! In a 18-15 game that's scary!Then he drives the PHINS the whole way down the field against the Jets , up in the Meadowlands! He gets them to the 6 yard line and throws into TRIPLE Coverage and gets the game-ending pick! Don't tell me FEIDLER is a big time quarterback! One clown even said he was better than Warner!C'mon!! Give me a break!! I was at every game in Miami and one in Buffalo! Jay is NOT gonna get this team to the show!! HE'S TOO LIMITED!! I have seen him miss numerous receivers which FAN4LIFE you don't see on TV!! I have seen him overthrow at least 5-6 sure TD's when McKnight ,Gasden or Chambers beat and got by the secondary! Feidler is not the answer!

Except Bledsoe is one on the best QBs in the damn league, and he is way better then Brady. Watch him flourish next year wherever he goes when he doesn't get sacked like crazy.

We agree on something!

Back
Top Bottom