A Horrible Win | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

A Horrible Win

It feels good to finally win a game we use to lose in the past
Maybe this team is learning to be a WINNER!! And it feels good

My only concern was our time of possession of only 22:51
this is going to have to change otherwise our defense is going to be strained.

It was ugly as hell but all it took was Don Jones making a hit, and Special Teams Hero John Denney scrapping to recover the ball and we had a shot.

Think about that for a moment. We won because of special team guys Jones and Denny making the big play. Players like that making plays to win games makes god teams very good, and legit contenders.

Sure, Tannehill is gonna get the press for the win but, he would have had nothing to win if not for special plays by special teams.

I believe that there is coming a time this year, likely after the bye, when our team will be healthy and firing on all cylinders. When that happens, and it will, we will be a very scary team. When that happens, we still need to remember the special guys on special teams.

Yeah, and the guy closing the deal was a rookie making a one handed catch for his first reception in the NFL. Just who you want to go to with a big game on the line? Crazy but it worked, and that is all that matters.

I thought this was gonna be an actual complaint thread. And I was gonna rip you up. Got me though :D

Sign of a team with a great QB....no pash rush today, tough time stopping the run in the first half

great QBs lead gaming winning clock eating 4 qtr touchdown drives

Sparano would have had us kick a field goal which carpenter would have promptly **** the bed and missed it.

I think the thing to remember here is that in years past, we would have lost that game....i will take it.

We didn't give up any big plays by jones or white. The D actually kept us in the game - it was a bend but not break kinda game - but it worked!

Well we have Carroll on Jones, we are missing Jamar Taylor, Patterson and Will Davis. They sacked us 5 times to 0 of ours. They won the turnover battle before the Ryan late INT. Our defense won this. Kept them to FG while we scored TD.

That's what happens when you have a franchise QB. No matter how bad the team plays, having a high quality QB will always give you a chance to win in the end.

We have to play better next Monday night in New Orleans or we'll leave there with a loss. The Saints are a better team then the Falcons.

Back
Top Bottom