A Horrible Win | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

A Horrible Win

It was awesome to steal a win from those creeps. That's how they got to be creeps, via winning so many games they had no business winning. I chart vital stats and Atlanta has had ridiculous good fortune in recent seasons, winning games despite being outplayed. They are due for a logical regression and we contributed today.

Their quarterback can't find the end zone in critical possessions lately. That's apropos because he's a big creep, although not to the extent of the quarterback in Washington, the 0-3 creep.

I had to laugh today when the coach of the creeps was so mesmerized at what we were doing that he forgot to call time out until there were 40 seconds remaining, all but eliminating their rescue hopes post touchdown. Our coach never would have made that mistake.

But our coach was a fool to start the game. How can you win the toss then volunteer to kick the ball to the most notorious first half frontrunner team in the league? I was going nuts. I would have taken the +1.5 on Atlanta in the first half if I'd known Philbin would be that stupid. Frankly, I should have taken that price regardless.

Philbin has to do a better job understanding situational influence, that not every opponent is created equal. He nearly cost us the game today with that moronic choice.

Otherwise, that was another example of Lamar Miller being Lamar Miller, dropping the perfect wheel route. I saw him do the same thing at Killian years ago. The Canes in the 2011 opener sprung Miller wide open on that play in the critical late game possession against Maryland. Stephen Morris overthrew him and Canes fans were nuts. I told them that Miller likely would have dropped it anyway. Today was further evidence.

Miller also caught Ronnie Brown disease on that long run, finding a creative way to be caught from behind. He burst open and the first subtle move to the right was proper. But instead of maintaining that path at full speed he made a stupid and needless slight cut back to the left, which not only slowed him down but it brought more defenders into play. Miller has too many weaknesses not to take full advantage of a play like that, which unfolded toward his strengths.

Cameron Wake is into his 30s so he's going to be nicked and have more games at less than his best. Nobody should overreact. It's mere normalcy. The idea that you can conveniently subtract several years from his chronological age due to inactivity is pure nonsense, the typical happy adjustment.

Who cares? Winning cures all, particularly at the expense of creeps. And I did note that we were playing the best song after scoring. Even our logo didn't seem so bad after that final drive.

I'm looking forward to when everyone is healthy and plays well. It will be Scary Special. MNF would be a good time.

Back
Top Bottom