a.j or gus | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

a.j or gus

2000-2003

Dolphins record w/ Jay Fiedler: 36-17(1-2 playoffs)
Dolphins record w/o Fiedler: 4-5(0-0 playoffs)

win % w/ was 68%
win % w/o was 45%

Jay Fielder w/o Ricky

1-7

DonShula84 said:
Hopefully AJ, I think it is a waste to start Gus because he has no future with the team. Atleast by starting AJ we know if he is any good and how aggressively we have to pursue a QB next year in FA or the draft.

I don't think it would be a waste to start Gus because although he is not a long term solution, it would indicate that AJ is not starter quality if indeed Gus does beat him out. That being said that would clearly show the need for either drafting a QB next year or getting one via FA. I'm glad they are letting the two battle it out without giving the starting nod to one or the other.

JAcK o D1AmonDs said:
2000-2003

Dolphins record w/ Jay Fiedler: 36-17(1-2 playoffs)
Dolphins record w/o Fiedler: 4-5(0-0 playoffs)

win % w/ was 68%
win % w/o was 45%

Jay Fielder w/o Ricky

1-7

Youa re counting last year, Marino in his prime could't have won w/ that team. Let's not forget that the dolphins w/ jay Fielder and w/o Ricky won the div in '00 and made the playoffs againin '01.

tay0365 said:
Ah, that is part of the strategy to keep team like the Bills (and their fans) guessing who will be the starter when the season starts...word is that in secret player camps, AJ has completed 60% of his passes, thrown 40- 60 yard frozen ropes for tds, been almost impossible to stop and has been sharp on his reads....but that also could have been a dream I had. :hmmm:
Seems to me finfans are the ones confused as to who the starter will be. The rest of the NFl don't care. IMO Saban will be looking to draft or look into the FA market for a QB next year.

Back
Top Bottom