a.j or gus | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

a.j or gus

tay0365 said:
I hope the best QB wins out (Even if by a miracle it becomes Berlin), but personally I am pulling for AJ to be the starter.
My thoughts exactly. I hope is it AJ, due to his youth and for some reason I like his attitude. However, I just want WHOEVER gives us the best chance to win football games.

MelbournePhin said:
i see how it is. boston is an injury prone bum, but chud's injuries are flukes?

Chad hasn't missed seasons b/c his steroid inflated body breaks down, has he? He had a fluke injury jamming his wrist into the turf 2 yars ago and then a fluke injury as his shoulder was jammed into the turf. In both cases he came back well before he was supposed to.

1)Chad
2)AJ (We'll see though)
3)Losman (See #2)
4)Fiedler
5)Freotte
6)Holcomb

Sorry Holcomb just doesn't do it for me I've seen him in enough Browns games to know he's not a good QB. Not a terrible backup, but I think all of our backups are decent. He's a poor mans Fiedler without the scrambles. Great one week terrible the next, way too inconsistant.

Losman is an unknown.(Which is kinda stupid how some Bills fans think McGahee is leaps and bounds over Brown, and Losman even with pretty much the same playing experience is going to be better than AJ this year) Now I think he'll end up being better than AJ (he's a duel threat) but he's going to have growing pains just like AJ did in 2004. Remember when they hyped up a guy who could run and throw real well. I even remember someone saying he threw like Dan Marino or something. Rob Johnson. You never know what you're getting out of someone you haven't seen extensively play.

Hopefully AJ, I think it is a waste to start Gus because he has no future with the team. Atleast by starting AJ we know if he is any good and how aggressively we have to pursue a QB next year in FA or the draft.

pwn3dyo said:

If he does end up as the starter, I hope that it's because he outperformed everyone else, not because he knows the offense better, or has ties with the O-coodinator. Frerotte has shown he can play great for 2-3 game spans, but then takes very extreme nose dives, he needs to show as much intensity and focus in what he is doing in his 4th or later game as he shows in his 1st game starting.

A.J. Feeley!!!
It's good to see improvement in both men, as told by Linehan,and it's a clear signal that A.J.'ll be our starter because of the fact that even Saban said Gus was in advantage, right now are equals, so if A.J. keeps improving this way we'll see his name as our starter QB.

MexDolfan said:
A.J. Feeley!!!
It's good to see improvement in both men, as told by Linehan,and it's a clear signal that A.J.'ll be our starter because of the fact that even Saban said Gus was in advantage, right now are equals, so if A.J. keeps improving this way we'll see his name as our starter QB.
weird. Camp reports say that even Sage is doing better than AJ.

FEELEY. Nothing agaisnt Gus but he doesn't have a future with the Dolphins and AJ might. To me, starting Gus would be like Wanny starting Fiedler last year. Maybe not quite as bad but we'd be plugging a qb in who has had a medicre career at best, which is winding down. I will however trust Saban's judgement. I'm sure he'd much rather have the younger guy with the 2nd rd investment prevail.

Justasportsfan said:
weird. Camp reports say that even Sage is doing better than AJ.

Ah, that is part of the strategy to keep team like the Bills (and their fans) guessing who will be the starter when the season starts...word is that in secret player camps, AJ has completed 60% of his passes, thrown 40- 60 yard frozen ropes for tds, been almost impossible to stop and has been sharp on his reads....but that also could have been a dream I had. :hmmm:

Bills and Jets have serious problems, Jets will see if they can run this year like they did last andMrs Penny only lasts 8 games per season.
Lostman if I recall broke his leg last year, and he'll have to deal with no left tackle.
I the Bills OL couldn't help Drew knowing hecan't run, I guess they are hoping they got another Vick.

Back
Top Bottom