a.j or gus | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

a.j or gus

nyjunc said:
2 other teams have as bad a situation? Buff has an unproven starter but they did get the guy from Cleveland to back him up and he's ok and the Jets have one of the best QB situations in the league, Jay is an excellent backup QB and he is better than both of your candidates to start.
:rofl3: ahaha are you serious? Have fun With Fiedler!

Just Win Baby said:
:rofl3: ahaha are you serious? Have fun With Fiedler!

I have posted it many times so you can look it up but the win % is drastically better when Jay was your QB compared to when he was out from '00-'03. He wasn't Marino but he was able to win alot of games for you w/ virtually no weapons for the first few years.

nyjunc said:
2 other teams have as bad a situation? Buff has an unproven starter but they did get the guy from Cleveland to back him up and he's ok and the Jets have one of the best QB situations in the league, Jay is an excellent backup QB and he is better than both of your candidates to start.

Are u goofy in the head?

nyjunc said:
I have posted it many times so you can look it up but the win % is drastically better when Jay was your QB compared to when he was out from '00-'03. He wasn't Marino but he was able to win alot of games for you w/ virtually no weapons for the first few years.

It was our D and Ricky that won those games!

Fiedler was a joke!

I'm sick of QB competitions. I just don't care who starts anymore, as long as they win.

nyjunc said:

I wouldn't say our QB sitch is good, but the Jets isn't much better. Penn is good, but injured (again) and may not even start the season. JF is a good backup with career stats about the as good as Gus's. The main advantage the Jet's QB sitch has is that they don't have to look for a QB for the future (assuming Penn is fine) while Miami does. Buffalo IMO will have the worst QB production in the division this season.

nyjunc said:

Kelly holcomb does not impress me, sorry, I know there are many that like hime even some Dolphin fans that wanted to get him here, but he is in my opinion a bit overrated. Pennington I believe is a very smart and effective QB, but he is getting over an injury, and even though Fiedler could be a very good backup, he is also very inconsistant, I think he may be shot confidence wise.

These are only my opinions.

Shifty187 said:
It was our D and Ricky that won those games!

Fiedler was a joke!
The D that gave up 38 & 62 points in playoff losses in '98 & '99? or Ricky who has NEVER played in a playof game?

2000-2003

Dolphins record w/ Jay Fiedler: 36-17(1-2 playoffs)
Dolphins record w/o Fiedler: 4-5(0-0 playoffs)

win % w/ was 68%
win % w/o was 45%

Correct me if I am wrong but Ricky was there in '02 yet when Jay got hurt you stopped winning and correct me if I am wrong but you still had that "great" D in '02, right?

Jay is not a pretty QB to watch but he does enough to win when surrounded by talent and he is surrounded by more talent now than he ever has been.

rafael said:
I wouldn't say our QB sitch is good, but the Jets isn't much better. Penn is good, but injured (again) and may not even start the season. JF is a good backup with career stats about the as good as Gus's. The main advantage the Jet's QB sitch has is that they don't have to look for a QB for the future (assuming Penn is fine) while Miami does. Buffalo IMO will have the worst QB production in the division this season.

Chad is going to be fine and has already started throwing ahead of schedule, Chad at 70% is better than Feely or Frerotte. Remember we were a kick away from the AFC Title Game and Chad played half the year w/ a torn rotator cuff on his throwing shoulder.

Gus Frerrote is more experienced and make much better decision when under pressure, ill take that over AJ's gun with ints attached to it.

phinatic8818 said:
who will be our starter this season?

Whomever performs bets in training camp. Simple. I am pulling for AJ but he has to earn it. I liked Linehans comments in teh herald regarding AJ, I think he is doing a smart, thorough job in teaching and relying on his coaches, I have confidence it will be a fair competition and the best man will win. Whoever that turns out to be, I think the guy who is named will truly be the better qb performance wise. I think it will be AJ but it will be fair either way.

nyjunc said:
Chad is going to be fine and has already started throwing ahead of schedule, Chad at 70% is better than Feely or Frerotte. Remember we were a kick away from the AFC Title Game and Chad played half the year w/ a torn rotator cuff on his throwing shoulder.

:lol: I would be so PROUD to admit that you were one kick away from the afc title game ..:rofl3:....Thats bascially saying " yeah we almost won" almost doesnt count you either win it or you dont ..sorry that your sorry A$$ kicker couldnt :shakeno: make it

nyjunc said:
But Frerrotte and Feeley do????

If Frerrotte is the starter, no I do not (I do think Frerrotte is a better backup then what the Bills have or the Jets though), the key in my opinion will be Feeley, and yes I have plenty of confidence in him. Maybe he is never going to be a great QB, but i think he will be effective, and good enough to handle this new more open Offense in Miami.

nyjunc said:

He may be fine now, but for how long, Chad very well might be injury prone.

Back
Top Bottom