a.j or gus | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

a.j or gus

dominizzo said:
i gotta go with Gus "Long Ball" Frerotte the guy has a cannon as an arm that is 1 big advantage

According to some, Gus was missing everyone deep.

a thread full of arguments about mediocre qbs (save pennington). gotta love it!

FinFan013 said:
:lol: I would be so PROUD to admit that you were one kick away from the afc title game ..:rofl3:....Thats bascially saying " yeah we almost won" almost doesnt count you either win it or you dont ..sorry that your sorry A$$ kicker couldnt :shakeno: make it

It beats being 4-12, right?

He may be fine now, but for how long, Chad very well might be injury prone.

2 fluke injuries. he's very tough and a quick healer.

tay0365 said:
AJ last year had no O-line, no Running game, and a rookie at O-coordinator to help him succeed, all he did with the eagles with a bit better offensive help (Not much better, even though they have a better O-line, RB and Coordinator) is win. Kelly has won how many games? Well got to go to lunch (Have a who buch of people waiting for me, and cursing the Miami dolphins), continue this later.
we are talking about Holcomb and the Browns guys. It doesn't get any worse than that. AJ had better players around him when he was w/ theeagles. His nos. were mediocre at best.

dominizzo said:
the guy is better than Feeley

That is still to be proven and seen, for now, like me saying Feeley is the better option......it's only an opinion

Phishstix said:
a thread full of arguments about mediocre qbs (save pennington). gotta love it!

Even Penny has not been blowing anyone aways the last few years, but of all the QBs talked about, he is at the moment the best.

tay0365 said:
That is still to be proven and seen, for now, like me saying Feeley is the better option......it's only an opinion
I agree. It's an opinion. Feeley was on of if not the worse qb last year statistically and I base my opinion from that and plus to say he's mediocre, would be stretching it. He's been below average at this point in his career.

And the winner will be :

clear.gif

Even if he is not a good training camp player, we have to look for the futur. If he doesn't do the job, Ramsey will pick up the job next year...

y tha hell we still doing this? didnt we learn from last year.... just name feeley let him be comfortable... y do this to our dude...

nyjunc said:
It beats being 4-12, right?

2 fluke injuries. he's very tough and a quick healer.

i see how it is. boston is an injury prone bum, but chud's injuries are flukes?

The offensive coordinator said that, AJ has exceptional physical talents, and just needs to learn the system and get experience. We all know that Gus does not have exceptional anything therefore I thinkg AJ should start

clear.gif

I dont even think it is a competition. Gus was brought in as a back up. It was said from the begining that they would pick up a vetren backup, if possible one who knew the system real well. After Feeleys progressions toward the end of last year he deserves the starting job and he is going to get it. Dont get me wrong, I like Ferotte but he is old, he is not the future of this team and will not make as many big plays as AJ. I cannot wait to see The Dolphins with AJ Feeley go up against the Jets with :ears: in week two:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Justasportsfan said:
we are talking about Holcomb and the Browns guys. It doesn't get any worse than that. AJ had better players around him when he was w/ theeagles. His nos. were mediocre at best.

The only things that was better for AJ in Philly is that he had a better O-line, and RB, receivers were pretty much the same for AJ as it was for Kelly, maybe better for Kelly.

On the other hand the difference between both is that Kelly had exp when he came in with the Browns. When Kelly 1st got his chance to play in the NFL in 1997 for the Colts, he ended up with a 44.3 QB rating, in AJ's 1st full season he had a 75.4 rating after having a 114 rating the year before with only one game.

AJ started off his career better the Kelly, and if not for him having to play on a Dolphins team that had no O-line, no RB, and a coaching staff that refused to allow him to use his receivers better, he might have had a much better year. I take AJ over Kelly.

MelbournePhin said:
i see how it is. boston is an injury prone bum, but chud's injuries are flukes?

Actually Chad is a Jet, so that makes it only flukes. :goof:

Back
Top Bottom