A look ahead at the RBs we might target in the draft | Page 10 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

A look ahead at the RBs we might target in the draft

Achane is the guy I see as an exceptional fit. This cat brings even more lights out speed to the table! We know McD loves speed!!

I am sure he does, I’m sure every coach does. And i love Achane for sure.

However, something has to change in short yardage situations. No one with Super Bowl aspirations should be that bad at converting 3rd and short. Hopefully they address the root of that, which I don’t believe had much to do with the guy taking the handoffs last year.

However, something has to change in short yardage situations. No one with Super Bowl aspirations should be that bad at converting 3rd and short. Hopefully they address the root of that, which I don’t believe had much to do with the guy taking the handoffs last year.
It's the line boss, the line lol

So much depends on what type of back you prefer and what round are you willing to get one? A late day 3 back that I really like is Mohamed Ibrahim of Minnesota. Has had some injury history, but you can't argue against his production in college. Average rb build, 5'8 205-210, but runs hard and churns out yards. Reminds me a Frank Gore type... not the fastest or biggest, but always keeps the chains moving. Maybe a Austin Eckler type. If they don't want to spend a 2nd or 3 rd pick on a rb, Ibrahim in the 5th, 6th or 7th round would be decent. Mostert, Wilson and Ibrahim in your rb corp could be the top rb group in the AFC East.

IMO, we are too finesse on offense and need to round it out with more physical players. We were downright bullied in some of our losses (LA and SF).

Priorities this off-season (draft and FA) for the offense should be upgrades at RT and LG. After that, a reliable backup QB who can run the offense efficiently in Tua’s absence.

Then, a smart, physical, blocking + decent pass-catching TE who can contribute to the offense right away.

Finally, a physical, punishing RB who can run inside for 3-4 yards on a consistent basis, even when the defense knows the run is coming.

Want to take away the middle of the field?

Fine, we’ll keep throwing to our physical TE in the flats against your DBs, we’ll run inside with our physical RB for 4 yards a pop, and we’ll run outside with Mostert until you bring your LBs closer to the LOS and spread them out.

Then we’ll hit Hill and Waddle with those deep crossers in stride for 6.

The short yardage failures are one thing that McD did very poorly at in his first season. It's still an oline issue if you ask me. We simply don't match up well against big, talented athletic fronts. We need to get more talent at RT and LG. Hope this new oline coach is a taskmaster. These guys need to go to work. Our oline acts like this is Holiday On Ice or something!! I want to see desire, passion and some fire in these overpaid, blase penalty machines. Get stronger, get better technique and up your freaking game. I'm talking to you Liam!! And Jackson!! And Dieter!! These 3 guys were drafted 1, 2 and 3. Dieter is a 3, Liam is a 2 and as we are all aware Jax is a 1. The coach that can get NFL starter quality play out of any of these 3 guys will have my respect. The new coach has a lot of work to do. We should try and draft a starting RT. If we don't draft an oline man we'll need to look at some vets. IMO we need to add some pieces. I don't think we have enough.

These three because…

1) Chase brown Illinois
2) Israel Ibinakanda Pitt
3) sleeper Jaleel McLaughlin Youngstown state..

I know someone who I trust said that we have had scouts watch all three of these players.

All three are great scheme guys, Brown is the most patient runner for this scheme, extends it out, patient patient, and bam explodes thru the home, tough tough runner, thick compact build

Jaleel is explosive with great speed and runs routes and has hands like a receiver…

Israel is just a good all round back.

I know there is enough talent where we can get a good enough back that has upside and can have a role as a rookie
I was hoping someone mentioned Brown. Dude is just what Doctor McD ordered.

I know some are not as high on him, but I like Sean Tucker of Syracuse as a day 3 rb option. Might be another option if you were adding him to a unit with two veterans such as Mostert and Wilson.

So much depends on what type of back you prefer and what round are you willing to get one? A late day 3 back that I really like is Mohamed Ibrahim of Minnesota. Has had some injury history, but you can't argue against his production in college. Average rb build, 5'8 205-210, but runs hard and churns out yards. Reminds me a Frank Gore type... not the fastest or biggest, but always keeps the chains moving. Maybe an Austin Eckler type. If they don't want to spend a 2nd or 3 rd pick on a rb, Ibrahim in the 5th, 6th or 7th round would be decent. Mostert, Wilson and Ibrahim in your rb corp could be the top rb group in the AFC East.
I like the way you think.. however, Breece Hall is an absolute stud.

Bills have a solid stable of backs

Patriots ehhhh

I’d give us 3rd personally

I like the way you think.. however, Breece Hall is an absolute stud.

Bills have a solid stable of backs

Patriots ehhhh

I’d give us 3rd personally
Yes, right now the Jets corp of Hall, Robinson, Carter and Knight are likely the top group in the division. Decent talent and some of their skill sets compliment each other.

I really liked the Mostert Wilson combo, I hope we sign them both again. I would add a pass catching back to that tandem. Using our 2nd on Gibbs seems steep, but at the same time we would be so explosive on offense. Not saying we should absolutely do that, but finding someone with that ability anywhere in the draft is what I would prefer.

Last edited:
this draft is loaded at rb thank goodness. So much to choose from from round 3 and beyond.

Back
Top Bottom