A look ahead at the RBs we might target in the draft | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

A look ahead at the RBs we might target in the draft

I know it doesn’t matter right now but for the record, we pick 51, not 52......keep in mind they took away our first round pick so with only 31 picks in the first round, that 2nd rounder will be the 51st pick of the draft.

I know it doesn’t matter right now but for the record, we pick 51, not 52......keep in mind they took away our first round pick so with only 31 picks in the first round, that 2nd rounder will be the 51st pick of the draft.
Technically correct… the best type of correct

Gibbs or bigsby else we must improve in RB FA pool
At TE I really would like keep MG and sign Oliver and cut all other except perhaps Smythe

And to keep MG I would cut Byron Jones and Cedrick wilson

Find me a guy that is 5'10"-11" and weighs 220-230 with 4.3-4.5 speed ... find a PLAYER with those measurables and we have a winner... it wouldn't suck if he can catch the ball ;)

Gibbs or bigsby else we must improve in RB FA pool
At TE I really would like keep MG and sign Oliver and cut all other except perhaps Smythe

And to keep MG I would cut Byron Jones and Cedrick wilson
A lot of that is not realistic, IMO. Cutting Wilson saves very little (1m), while losing 7m to dead money. Doesn't sound rational to me. The best option here is to find a trade partner, even if it isn't a great deal, to get the player/contract off the books. His contract is attractive to a perspective trade, in the sense that in 2024 he can be easily if it doesn't work out.

To keep MG, and I like him, you would likely have to overpay for a guy that is very limited as a true TE. You're really only getting, at best, a #3-4 receiving option with the receiving talent we have.

Last edited:
Zach Evans wasn't the best RB on his team.
I would like to see McDaniel identify someone he likes and get him.
Apparently McDaniel wanted someone in the third round last year that got taken before they could select.

A lot of that is not realistic, IMO. Cutting Wilson saves very little (1m), while losing 7m to dead money. Doesn't sound rational to me. The best option here is to find a trade partner, even if it isn't a great deal, to get the player/contract off the books. His contract is attractive to a perspective trade, in the sense that in 2024 he can be easily if it doesn't work out.

To keep MG, and I like him, you would likely have to overpay for a guy that is very limited as a true TE. You're really only getting, at best, a #3-4 receiving option with the receiving talent we have.
Perhaps MG would be fine to take a team friendly deal to stay in Miami and sign a TE with solid blocking ability on draft day ?

He tore his knee; these usually heal completely... especially since it's been an entire year.
I know he played a big nickel role in college, and I suspect he was slated for this job with us. I know we listed him as a CB, but there is significant crossover between a big nickel type CB and a safety like Rowe-- who I have always thought was the comparison for Trill.

I guess we'll see, but that's the way I'd place my bet.
I agree.

Perhaps MG would be fine to take a team friendly deal to stay in Miami and sign a TE with solid blocking ability on draft day ?
After the Phins cost him literally millions by tagging him, I doubt he has a lot of home town discount in mind.

Would you if you were him?

Gesicki is gone guys it's time to come to reality with this. Even our Coach said he was going to be a FA. Your wasting your time talking about it. Focus on other TEs we can add, at least you would be talking about something that might happen. 0% chance Gesicki is a Dolphin in 23.... 0%

After the Phins cost him literally millions by tagging him, I doubt he has a lot of home town discount in mind.

Would you if you were him?
Perhaps fastball IS Mike gesicki and is saying he is will to take a discount

🤷🏼‍♂️

Back
Top Bottom