A look ahead at the RBs we might target in the draft | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

A look ahead at the RBs we might target in the draft

A lot of that is not realistic, IMO. Cutting Wilson saves very little (1m), while losing 7m to dead money. Doesn't sound rational to me. The best option here is to find a trade partner, even if it isn't a great deal, to get the player/contract off the books. His contract is attractive to a perspective trade, in the sense that in 2024 he can be easily if it doesn't work out.

To keep MG, and I like him, you would likely have to overpay for a guy that is very limited as a true TE. You're really only getting, at best, a #3-4 receiving option with the receiving talent we have.
I don’t believe we wil even try to keep Mike G, he is far down the list of what the offense and McDan use and he’ll get paid handsomely for his skills that some other offenses will cherish.

We need one physical receiver. AJ Brown type. A physical receiver to balance the finesse style of cheetah and penguin.

We need one physical receiver. AJ Brown type. A physical receiver to balance the finesse style of cheetah and penguin.
Elijah Higgins of Stanford in the 3rd or 4th round would be an option or Bryce Ford-Weaton of West Virginia later rounds. Higgins might be one of those players that you say... we know we have other needs, but he's too good to pass up.

While I’m not looking for a WR in this draft given our lack of resources, I don’t feel good about filling our needs at CB or OT this year so taking a guy like A.T. Perry from Wake Forest at 84 would certainly be interesting.

Big time production (152 receptions, 26 TDs, 2389 yards) over the last two season to go with his big frame (6’5” 210 LBs). He would be a mismatch nightmare for defenses.

Still, one can only hope Erik Ezukenma is that guy for us. I am intrigued by this Demon Deacon though.

That’s an NFL RB.

That burst is obvious. He strides like Ajayi used to but at a faster pace. He’s impressive for sure.

7 TDs of at least 23 yards last year.

3 TDs of least 67 yards.
He’s the guy. Perfect fit for this offense.

That’s an NFL RB.

That burst is obvious. He strides like Ajayi used to but at a faster pace. He’s impressive for sure.

7 TDs of at least 23 yards last year.

3 TDs of least 67 yards.
wow Ghost...you are the first person to say what ive been saying to myself while stuydying this dude..the Ajayi comp.

Thats pretty cool, can we be best friends?

Last edited:
Achane is the guy I see as an exceptional fit. This cat brings even more lights out speed to the table! We know McD loves speed!!

I know we've been watching highlight reels but it feels like this is the deepest draft for RBs in a very very long time. There are 8 or so guys I'd love to have out of this class.

Back
Top Bottom