A look ahead at the RBs we might target in the draft | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

A look ahead at the RBs we might target in the draft

Thing is, those decisions have to be made long before VF will have an opportunity to work with Trill.

I had hopes that he would be able to contribute in a fairly large role last year. Now, with his injury history, I don't know how much you can be willing to rely on him. Certainly not confident enough that it would affect my off-season choices.
He tore his knee; these usually heal completely... especially since it's been an entire year.
I know he played a big nickel role in college, and I suspect he was slated for this job with us. I know we listed him as a CB, but there is significant crossover between a big nickel type CB and a safety like Rowe-- who I have always thought was the comparison for Trill.

I guess we'll see, but that's the way I'd place my bet.

He tore his knee; these usually heal completely... especially since it's been an entire year.
I know he played a big nickel role in college, and I suspect he was slated for this job with us. I know we listed him as a CB, but there is significant crossover between a big nickel type CB and a safety like Rowe-- who I have always thought was the comparison for Trill.

Wasn't he on IR the prior year as well? Or am I misremembering?

Wasn't he on IR the prior year as well? Or am I misremembering?
I think it was one of those wink wink injury stashes.
You take a player with a very minor injury and slap him on IR in order to keep him.

t crossover between a big nickel type CB and a safety like Rowe-- who I have always thought was the comparison for Trill.

Trill is not nearly NFL ready and athletic as Rowe to play any corner or even free safety. He could potentially be a backup SS based on size and athleticism, 6-2 208 4.58

Trill is not nearly NFL ready and athletic as Rowe to play any corner or even free safety. He could potentially be a backup SS based on size and athleticism, 6-2 208 4.58
He's almost the exact same size as Rowe.. and has run faster times than the one you listed.

Yes, Miami then “settled” for Holland. I’ve read some felt the Dolphins’ interest in Williams was nothing but a red herring to throw off other teams of its real desire to draft Holland.

Agree. Plus, I keep reading all these posts about drafting an RB high.

To which I say, Pacheco is his limited career w/ the Chiefs has IMO outperformed CE-H.

Absolutely. Look at Pacheco who was drafted I'm the 7th. There will be bargains.

I also have no problem if Miami takes a RB at 52. As you said, just depends on value.
Yeah I’ll defer to McDaniel’s wisdom but at 52 the only guys I see being worth it are bijan and Gibbs. After that I think the sweet spot is late 3rd/early 4th.

If we can find a Pacheco-type scheme fit guy in the 6th then obviously that would be ideal

Yeah I’ll defer to McDaniel’s wisdom but at 52 the only guys I see being worth it are bijan and Gibbs. After that I think the sweet spot is late 3rd/early 4th.

If we can find a Pacheco-type scheme fit guy in the 6th then obviously that would be ideal
Charbonnet might be worth that #52, but generally I think you are right.

I think McIntosh could be a good later fit and maybe Johnson from Texas. Brown from Illinois?

1st Round - RBs - since 2015
  • 2021 - Najee Harris - C
  • 2021 - Travis Etienne - B-
  • 2020 - Clyde Edwards Helaire - D+
  • 2019 - Josh Jacobs - B
  • 2018 - Saquon Barkley - B
  • 2018 - Rashaad Penney - C-
  • 2018 - Sony Michel - D+
  • 2017 - Leonard Fournette - C
  • 2017 - Christen McCaffrey - C+
  • 2016 - Ezekiel Elliott- C
  • 2015 - Todd Gurley - C-
  • 2015 - Melvin Gordon - C+

Last edited by a moderator:
1st Round - RBs - since 2015
  • 2021 - Najee Harris - C
  • 2021 - Travis Etienne - B-
  • 2020 - Clyde Edwards Helaire - D+
  • 2019 - Josh Jacobs - B
  • 2018 - Saquon Barkley - B
  • 2018 - Rashaad Penney - C-
  • 2018 - Sony Michel - D+
  • 2017 - Leonard Fournette - C
  • 2017 - Christen McCaffrey - C+
  • 2016 - Ezekiel Elliott- C
  • 2015 - Todd Gurley - C-
  • 2015 - Melvin Gordon - C
I agree with the premise of not taking RBs 1st round but Todd Gurley won NFL rookie of the year as well as NFL Offensive Player of the Year in different years, giving him the second lowest grade on this list is absolutely ridiculous

I agree with the premise of not taking RBs 1st round but Todd Gurley won NFL rookie of the year as well as NFL Offensive Player of the Year in different years, giving him the second lowest grade on this list is absolutely ridiculous
Fair enough. I changed it.

Edit: C+ (post time expired)

Back
Top Bottom