A look ahead at the RBs we might target in the draft | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

A look ahead at the RBs we might target in the draft

Linebackers are easy, They are not expensive in free agency, and can be picked all over the draft and even in UDFA. For example. we signed Neville Hewitt in UDFA and he played significantly. Plus CG and the Dolphins have had success with picking linebackers.
Front office has not had success on offense, anywhere really. All positions have been problematic for the front office.
Uh... what? Linebackers are easy? Name one LB we've had worth a **** in the last 7 years? Don't worry, I'll wait.

Because Grier took Tindall last year and is probably dug in that he will produce next year... just like he's been dug in with Austin Jackson. Once Grier takes a guy at a position he usually doesn't double dip at that position in a timely manner.

Also we have an offensive HC who's scheme is very dependent on a good running game. I just don't see us using many resources on the ILB position. For edge/OLB we have Phillips and Chubb so he definitely isn't spending significant resources on that spot.
Line backer is the weakest unit on defense. Anyone with eyeballs can see that. It has been for years. God damn I hope mcdummy can realize and identify that and force grier to address that. I really hope he doesn't solely concentrate on the offense. We don't need any one trick ponies running this team anymore.

With regard to the safety or CB question...

Some of this will come down to how Fangio sees and uses Trill Williams.
He was viewed as a FS or 'big nickel' by most of the draft touts, who also thought he lacked the agility to play boundary corner.

I've read that Fangio frequently uses three safeties... and if this is what he does in Miami, I think Williams becomes our 3rd safety, while McKinley becomes #4.

My guess... we take a CB over a S.

These three because…

1) Chase brown Illinois
2) Israel Ibinakanda Pitt
3) sleeper Jaleel McLaughlin Youngstown state..

I know someone who I trust said that we have had scouts watch all three of these players.

All three are great scheme guys, Brown is the most patient runner for this scheme, extends it out, patient patient, and bam explodes thru the home, tough tough runner, thick compact build

Jaleel is explosive with great speed and runs routes and has hands like a receiver…

Israel is just a good all round back.

I know there is enough talent where we can get a good enough back that has upside and can have a role as a rookie
Izzy is my favorite back in the draft. Just like I said about Javonte Williams, if we don’t draft him we’ll regret it.

I vote for the best one-cut back with excellent vision, who catches the ball well, and can pass protect. I would sacrifice world-class speed for a runner with these other elite skills.

I don’t follow prospects close enough to know who fits this bill.
Watch the Abanikanda video I posted.

Leo Chenal (linebacker) was drafted by the Chiefs one pick after Tindall and he was on the field for meaningful defensive snaps in the freaking Super Bowl. I’m tired of this redshirting business. Pick a guy and put him out there to play.

Deuce Vaughn has been one the most electrifying offensive threats (non-QB) in college ball in recent memory, but his size might put him on the “undraftable” list for a lot of NFL teams. He could carve out a Darren Sproles-like legacy.
Unfortunately, the Dolphins don’t have the luxury of taking him anywhere north of the 7th round. Too many other holes.

Leo Chenal (linebacker) was drafted by the Chiefs one pick after Tindall and he was on the field for meaningful defensive snaps in the freaking Super Bowl. I’m tired of this redshirting business. Pick a guy and put him out there to play.
We tried that. Remember Iggy? Lol

I've mentioned this before, but more than likely, Chenal is going to be a limited snaps guy for his entire career. SSLB types dont play a lot of downs unless they rush the passer well... he doesn't.
He'll likely top out as a Van Ginkle type... I dont regret passing on him... at all.

With regard to the safety or CB question...

Some of this will come down to how Fangio sees and uses Trill Williams.
He was viewed as a FS or 'big nickel' by most of the draft touts, who also thought he lacked the agility to play boundary corner.

I've read that Fangio frequently uses three safeties... and if this is what he does in Miami, I think Williams becomes our 3rd safety, while McKinley becomes #4.

My guess... we take a CB over a S.
Thing is, those decisions have to be made long before VF will have an opportunity to work with Trill.

I had hopes that he would be able to contribute in a fairly large role last year. Now, with his injury history, I don't know how much you can be willing to rely on him. Certainly not confident enough that it would affect my off-season choices.

Back
Top Bottom