A look ahead at the RBs we might target in the draft | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

A look ahead at the RBs we might target in the draft

I disagree, look at Griers track record. Takes a LT... doesn't matter if he's good or not he doesn't take another one. Takes a RG same thing.

Everyone thinks we're drafting a MLB. I got news for ya, we arnt, we took one high last year. Want a TE in the Draft, sorry we took Hunter Long, Grier ain't spending picks this year on these positions.

I can see a RB taken at some point as well as a corner and another Olinemen.

On top of all that reports are out there that we've been scouting RBs. I'd put money on us taking a RB.
I will put a little wager ( a coffee lol) that we don't take a RB with any of our top 5 picks. Reports out there...where? Anyways if I am gonna draft a back, I ain't telegraphing it.

Let's wait for FA then reevaluate.

I will put a little wager ( a coffee lol) that we don't take a RB with any of our top 5 picks. Reports out there...where? Anyways if I am gonna draft a back, I ain't telegraphing it.

Let's wait for FA then reevaluate.
A coffee or just the loser donates 5 bucks to the site I'll go for that

I disagree, look at Griers track record. Takes a LT... doesn't matter if he's good or not he doesn't take another one. Takes a RG same thing.

Everyone thinks we're drafting a MLB. I got news for ya, we arnt, we took one high last year. Want a TE in the Draft, sorry we took Hunter Long, Grier ain't spending picks this year on these positions.

I can see a RB taken at some point as well as a corner and another Olinemen.

On top of all that reports are out there that we've been scouting RBs. I'd put money on us taking a RB.
I would say Grier's track record is about getting players his coaches want. I think Fangio is going to look at our LBs and ask for and ILB, but I see Grier addressing that in FA. I also think we may add a secondary player in the draft, but I'm leaning S over CB. I expect that McD will review the season and lament not being more balanced and focus on adding a RB. I expect we'll re-sign Mostert and Wilson and add a RB in the draft and probably some low level FA RB(s) as well.

These three because…

1) Chase brown Illinois
2) Israel Ibinakanda Pitt
3) sleeper Jaleel McLaughlin Youngstown state..

I know someone who I trust said that we have had scouts watch all three of these players.

All three are great scheme guys, Brown is the most patient runner for this scheme, extends it out, patient patient, and bam explodes thru the home, tough tough runner, thick compact build

Jaleel is explosive with great speed and runs routes and has hands like a receiver…

Israel is just a good all round back.

I know there is enough talent where we can get a good enough back that has upside and can have a role as a rookie

Chase Brown is my sleeper of this whole class.

I would say Grier's track record is about getting players his coaches want. I think Fangio is going to look at our LBs and ask for and ILB, but I see Grier addressing that in FA. I also think we may add a secondary player in the draft, but I'm leaning S over CB. I expect that McD will review the season and lament not being more balanced and focus on adding a RB. I expect we'll re-sign Mostert and Wilson and add a RB in the draft and probably some low level FA RB(s) as well.
I agree with all of this except maybe the Saftey over CB point. If we cut Jones I think we will need a CB but we are thin at Saftey, so I can see it.

I also believe McDaniel looks back on his oline in SF and wants to recreate that run game domination they have. I've wanted a great oline for so long, maybe this is just wishful thinking.

Grier thinks he can find RB steals in late rounds and never can. I question his ability to put an OL and run game together.

Lots of great posts and info!

Thanks!

Personally, I'd like a kid that can run IZ with some power (+short range burst) who can get 3-5 yards as a matter of fact.

Make life a little easier for Tua and DEMAND attention by the D to the incessant bleed and thus opening up the PA game.

Just basic football. Add the RPO action with Tua's quick release and play high percentage football while attacking
20-30 yards down field periodically but NOT at the clip we did too many times last season -- making the O way too predictable and giving the rush too much of an advantage. We have to play smart and structure the O to protect the QB
via run game and basic scheme that doesn't force him to be the *star* of the show play in and play out.

Bottom line -- balance. It's a winner for all seasons and all field conditions.
Don’t y’all forget that McDee runs a system with a full back… That kind of eliminates the one cut power back from the scheme. Not impossible but IMHO not likely either.

Grier thinks he can find RB steals in late rounds and never can. I question his ability to put an OL and run game together.
I also question it. As someone said earlier in this thread, Grier tries to get his coach what he wants. Hopefully McDaniel has an eye for talent on the oline and Grier listens to him.

If McDaniel wants to have a long career in Miami getting his running game up and running has to be priority #1 you would think.

I would like to see Miami use one of the Top 100 picks on RB and then one of the Day 3 picks. In the 2nd, Gibbs is the only RB I'd consider - with the assumption Robinson is off the board.

Lots of good backs, multiple backs with legit speed. You want to take advantage of the value created by the surplus (including FA) in 2023. That means not over-spending or over-drafting, but it also means drafting (preferred to FA) a talented RB - not missing out.

I agree with all of this except maybe the Saftey over CB point. If we cut Jones I think we will need a CB but we are thin at Saftey, so I can see it.

I also believe McDaniel looks back on his oline in SF and wants to recreate that run game domination they have. I've wanted a great oline for so long, maybe this is just wishful thinking.
I think Fangio likes versatility in the secondary. Safety is a bit of a hybrid position between CB and LB. I see that as his likely preference.

I'm sure that McD (and everyone else) would like to have a great OL. I'm just not sure he'll believe you have to use high draft picks or big name FAs to build one. OL is a unit that depends more on time working together than on individual talent. And his system in particular relies less on one on one blocking. It's more about angles and double teams. That's why a guy like Armstead, who was a little small and a little under-powered, but incredibly athletic when he came out was the ideal. And he was a 3rd round guy IIRC. (IMO Zach Tom would have been the better pick over EE last season).

Back
Top Bottom