A message for all of you who claim Carey plugs our only hole | Page 11 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

A message for all of you who claim Carey plugs our only hole

This thread is a pi$$ing contest. All participants ought to let it die.

bottom line now jimmy, what would you have done/preferred with our 1st pick?
Player? trade? What??

I'm taking Agua's suggestion after answering your bottom line question:

If it is true that Buffalo offered us the trade that Dallas took, I would expect the team to take it because it represented the best value. I believe draft=value. That's the bottom line.

Jimmy James said:
I'm taking Agua's suggestion after answering your bottom line question:

If it is true that Buffalo offered us the trade that Dallas took, I would expect the team to take it because it represented the best value. I believe draft=value. That's the bottom line.

Quit stalling and just answer the Q. No if's or buts, what would ya have done?? Pretty simple Q, ya?

Jimmy....

listen bro, I too am of the thought that BPA is the way to go, check my message history if you like, and you will find me singing the song of BPA.

BUT.....

if your spot in the draft comes up, you have 2 guys rated very closely, one is a major need position and one is not, YOU TAKE THE NEED. It is as simple as that. By your theory, if a kicker has a 9.45 grade and a QB has a 9.44 grade, then we should draft the K over a potential great QB? You have to look at it in a BROAD sense.

If 2 players are ranked realluy closely together, it is a NO-BRAINER that you take the need pick.

Look where Boomer had Wilfork ranked, maybe Rick felt the same way and Wilfork was even further down RICK'S BPA list, ever think of that?

We are all entitled to our opinions, but your absense at the Phins' war room and all of our lack of knowledge of the Phins' draft board is, I'm sorry to say, making you look a bit arrogant. You have your opinion, but stop harping about how you are right and others are wrong.

Jimmy James said:
I'm saying that the majority of the ones I have seen had Wilfork ahead

So you admit that it was not a consensus, meaning that OTHERS, Rick included, could have felt otherwise?

Jimmy James said:
I have evidence in the form of lots of player evaluations with Wilfork over Carey to support my opinion

Again, this means nothing for your argument. You are still saying that others have shown that Wilfork may not have been PBA, so in fact your argument isn't water tight. YOu are still saying that others appose your views, which gives credence to the thought that RS is one of those people.

Bodzilla29 said:
if your spot in the draft comes up, you have 2 guys rated very closely, one is a major need position and one is not, YOU TAKE THE NEED.

It's really hard to argue with that logic.

Back
Top Bottom