A message for all of you who claim Carey plugs our only hole | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

A message for all of you who claim Carey plugs our only hole

Jimmy James

You sit on a throne of lies!
Reaction score
Note to newbies and others who can't figure out how messageboards work: This is just the start of a day-long discussion. Don't respond to this -- read the whole thread and respond only if you have something that is fresh in some way.

I fully expect an apology and explanation from every one of you if this team does not win the Super Bowl. This team is not the perfect team that you claim it is, and that is exactly why DW is still our coach according to Wayne. You know better than the FO, though. We only needed just one more body on the OL to be perfect, so I'm waiting for that strong 12-4 or 13-3 season.

I also certainly hope that you'll be insuring our play at DT by preparing an apology in the event that we have injury there and our defense is ineffective as a result.

Some of us are righteously pissed that we did not get the BPA as promised by the FO, and I'm frankly tired of hearing why this shouldn't be. If you really want to continue with this tired argument, sign up here with your assurances. In exchange, I will post a public apology to RS and Vernon Carey if:

Carey makes the Pro Bowl as a rookie

-OR-

Carey receives a postseason award

-OR-

Ricky surpasses his rushing total of 2002

-OR-

We do at least get to the AFC Championship game with Carey making at least 12 starts

Let's put our honor where our mouth is for once.

Last edited by a moderator:
We do have more than one need, but offensive line is by far our biggest need. Speilman got us something that we really needed in the first round. I think giving up the fourth rounder was stupid, but the pick makes a lot of sense.

Jimmy James said:
I fully expect an apology and explanation from every one of you if this team does not win the Super Bowl. This team is not the perfect team that you claim it is, and that is exactly why DW is still our coach according to Wayne. You know better than the FO, though. We only needed just one more body on the OL to be perfect, so I'm waiting for that strong 12-4 or 13-3 season.

I also certainly hope that you'll be insuring our play at DT by preparing an apology in the event that we have injury there and our defense is ineffective as a result.

Some of us are righteously pissed that we did not get the BPA as promised by the FO, and I'm frankly tired of hearing why this shouldn't be. If you really want to continue with this tired argument, sign up here with your assurances. In exchange, I will post a public apology to RS and Vernon Carey if:

-OR-

-OR-

-OR-

We do at least get to the AFC Championship game with Carey making at least 12 starts

well said, i mean i like our pick, i dont doubt it at all, but we couldve drafted someone else that can make a bigger impact this yr....like a WR...and much less trade down 1 SPOT for Carey, now thats what bothered me the most..... :shakeno: welcome to last year.

So, your pinning the hopes of a Super Bowl on 1 Rookie Guard?

Will Miami's Oline be better, I think so.

I might be drinking alot right now, but the BAP would not win us the Super Bowl.

Jimmy James said:

-OR-

-OR-

-OR-

i think you ask for too much, and you are unrealistic. VC is what we needed but i do question giving the 4th round pick away.

he got us a young potential OL that in any other draft is a 2nd round pick. How can you condone that?

you don't reach for a player becuase he's a 'need". Truth be told, he alone won't solve our OL problems. We can get young hungry players with "potential" in the FA that don't cost us a first round draft pick, priced comparitively. It's a rediculous move. He's not going to play tackle, he's going ot play guard. He may be a starting guard, but you don't give up that pick for a 2nd round starting guard just becuase this draft is shallow in OL.

Jimmy James said:

-OR-

-OR-

-OR-

I second that :up:

iceblizzard69 said:
We do have one than one need, but offensive line is by far our biggest need. Speilman got us something that we really needed in the first round. I think giving up the fourth rounder was stupid, but the pick makes a lot of sense.

If we varified that NE was trying to move ahead of us to grab him, and it took a 4th rounder to secure him, I don't think it was a dumb move at all. People assume that NE was "screwing with us", but what if they werent screwing around at all? More than one Mock had them taking Carey at 21 overall. Maybe they rated him as high as we did.

Just because alot of us liked Smiley (myself included) doesnt mean the FO had him rated as high, or that Carey will play OG instead of OT.

We prob didnt have an opportunity to trade back or had Carey rated solid at 20 overall.

DT - Bowens, Chester, Zgonina. Three legit starters. Romero ain't bad either.

RG/RT - Taylor Whitley, Greg Jerman, John St. Clair, Damien McIntosh (injured)

IMO, the right side of the OL was just a LIIIIIITLE bit more needy than the DT position.

Also, you insinuate that "we" know better than the FO. And yet you're chastizing them for not picking a DT. Plus, you're putting sky-high expectations on Carey. And in the same breath, your advocating the pick of a player who would be 3rd man at best at position already of strength.

DOLFANMIKE said:
If we varified that NE was trying to move ahead of us to grab him, and it took a 4th rounder to secure him, I don't think it was a dumb move at all..

This is exactly what WQAM is reporting. That New England was attempting to move up, offering their 4th round pick to get him.

Emskirch said:
So, your pinning the hopes of a Super Bowl on 1 Rookie Guard?

Will Miami's Oline be better, I think so.

I might be drinking alot right now, but the BAP would not win us the Super Bowl.

I'm not the one saying that we only had one hole. My point is that we are not a complete enough team to just reach for that sole need that people are saying Carey filled.

I find it very interesting that nobody has accepted the challenge.

What if Carey makes 11 starts, wins no postseason awards, Ricky is 2nd in rushing, and the Dolphins lose in the 2nd round??

Would that make Wilfork a better pick??

Jimmy James said:
I'm not the one saying that we only had one hole. My point is that we are not a complete enough team to just reach for that sole need that people are saying Carey filled.

I find it very interesting that nobody has accepted the challenge.

Your posting nonsense, this kid is a rookie. His upside is great. He fills 1 HOLE the Dolphins have.

I want to know from you what player would win us a superbowl this year in the draft.

No player or team is perfect chief. Get a grip, we drafted the BAP for the offensive line.

Back
Top Bottom