A message for all of you who claim Carey plugs our only hole | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

A message for all of you who claim Carey plugs our only hole

Jimmy James said:
We have suitable depth at RB, but we don't at DT. We have three old guys and a guy one of you are in my opinion way too high on. I fully expect that one of the three old guys is going to be hurt at any given point and that the other two need rest. This is why DT is so important, and it's why I feel comfortable asking for an apology in the event of injury at DT followed by poor play that compromises the defense in exchange for my set of apology commitments.

Hey no offense, but that's just nuts.

You now want the Dolphins to draft a player based on your notion that one of our DT's is going to get hurt? What if they have a notion that one of our OL is going to get hurt?

Come on man!

Oliver...

feelthepain said:
Seems to me that NE was just calling our bluff and we are now one draft pick lighter looks like Bill is smarter then our whole team. This was the dumbest move I've ever seen. With Smiley still there and Wilfork we could also have traded down to get more picks instead we do the worst thing thaty could have been done and not only pick a guy with a reach, we trade up ONE STINKIN SPOT, for a fourth rd pick, man we look dumber then MN last year missing their turn.

What do we have left 3,6,7,7, wow were going to make some noise with that crap. All the talk about a WR if there's one worth having in the third I'll be shocked. Rick is a baboons *** we did better with Wanny. I wonder if not only will I ever see a SB win but a decnt draft in my lifetime.

So thats all it takes to be a babons *** is to trade away a 4th round pick?

Again, when is a draft perfect? When they draft who you want? :fire:

LIQUID24 said:
Who cares if someone got Carey? w could've traded down and gotten Smiley, who most people rate above Carey anyway.

Ryan Leaf was rated higher then Payton Manning.

LIQUID24 said:
Who cares if someone got Carey? we could've traded down and gotten Smiley, who most people rate above Carey anyway.

Most ppl, you mean the 1001 so called draft experts?

I know this may offend most of you here, but I trust Rick much more than any of those so called draft experts combined.

Oliver...

Emskirch said:
The move is not a reach. Whats a reach is you trying to make every Miami fan think this makes them a perfect team, and wants to bet.

I didn't say "A message to all Miami fans". I said "A message for all of you who claim Carey plugs our only hole". I know there are fans who take my side, and I know that there are fans who would take issue with my position who do so on grounds that I do not find patently unreasonable. I do find the argument that we had to take Carey because he filled THE NEED to be patently unreasonable, and I am proud to call those people out. If you're not one of those people, you have no reason to take offense.

ohall said:
Hey no offense, but that's just nuts.

You now want the Dolphins to draft a player based on your notion that one of our DT's is going to get hurt? What if they have a notion that one of our OL is going to get hurt?

Come on man!

Oliver...

It's not about DT -- it's about DT being a clearly defined area of some need where there was clearly a better player available. As to OL and injury, I submit that is exactly why we now have multiple people in the mix at pretty much every OL position. If we weren't worried about injury, there would be no need for Carey. You guys are just gunshy about OL injury but cavalier about DT injury because OL is what really bit us last year. Reacting and reaching is what kills teams in the draft.

JJ, please tell me whowhat you would have preferred to do If NE moved up and took Carey? Please oh please tell me.

ohall said:
Most ppl, you mean the 1001 so called draft experts?

I know this may offend most of you here, but I trust Rick much more than any of those so called draft experts combined.

Oliver...
No offense, but I would never expect you to disagree with the FO.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jimmy James said:
I didn't say "A message to all Miami fans". I said "A message for all of you who claim Carey plugs our only hole". I know there are fans who take my side, and I know that there are fans who would take issue with my position who do so on grounds that I do not find patently unreasonable. I do find the argument that we had to take Carey because he filled THE NEED to be patently unreasonable, and I am proud to call those people out. If you're not one of those people, you have no reason to take offense.

No clue, no clue at all. We need a OL, we paid a price to get him, he will fill one hole. He is not a savior.

Ryan Leaf. Payton Manning.

Muck said:
DT - Bowens, Chester, Zgonina. Three legit starters. Romero ain't bad either.

RG/RT - Taylor Whitley, Greg Jerman, John St. Clair, Damien McIntosh (injured)

IMO, the right side of the OL was just a LIIIIIITLE bit more needy than the DT position.

Also, you insinuate that "we" know better than the FO. And yet you're chastizing them for not picking a DT. Plus, you're putting sky-high expectations on Carey. And in the same breath, your advocating the pick of a player who would be 3rd man at best at position already of strength.

***EXACTLY RIGHT!!!!***
Right on.

You want to know Bottom line. We have older players, we do not make the best of our draft picks. We hear and read how important draft picks are. Isn't now the time, with solid veterans starting, to bring in younger players to learn and gain experience. It's funny how the fastest pick in round one was Udeze at 20. I think the Vike's liked him, knew they were going to get him, and the Phins got suckered. Vike's wanted Udeze all along. Forgetting that. If anyone, and I mean anyone thinks Vernon Carey is better then Vince Wilfork, you are absolutely wrong, but, for all you that do, we have plenty of opp to see him in our Division. We have no picks this year, and can anyone say we feel great with our O-line with probably 3 non starting players making their first starting season. And what happens next year, and the year after. We are trading 2005 picks away already too. Sorry Franchise, very sorry, but I do love them.

If New England took Carey and Carey was the best OL on my board, I would have entertained offers for the pick and prepared to take the BPA if no trade presented itself. I believe it likely that a trade would have happened based on the subsequent activity, but I would have taken BPA. That may have been Wilfork, it may have been Jackson, or it may have been somebody else.

Jimmy James said:
I fully expect an apology and explanation from every one of you if this team does not win the Super Bowl. This team is not the perfect team that you claim it is, and that is exactly why DW is still our coach according to Wayne. You know better than the FO, though. We only needed just one more body on the OL to be perfect, so I'm waiting for that strong 12-4 or 13-3 season.

I also certainly hope that you'll be insuring our play at DT by preparing an apology in the event that we have injury there and our defense is ineffective as a result.

Some of us are righteously pissed that we did not get the BPA as promised by the FO, and I'm frankly tired of hearing why this shouldn't be. If you really want to continue with this tired argument, sign up here with your assurances. In exchange, I will post a public apology to RS and Vernon Carey if:

Carey makes the Pro Bowl as a rookie

-OR-

Carey receives a postseason award

-OR-

Ricky surpasses his rushing total of 2002

-OR-

We do at least get to the AFC Championship game with Carey making at least 12 starts

Let's put our honor where our mouth is for once.

Okay - not quite sure what the hell you're yammering about. You want an apology from every one of whom? Furthermore, should every team that doesn't win the Super Bowl next season apologize to someone for picking the wrong player in the first round? Likewise, are YOU going to find the person responsible for the first-round pick on the Super Bowl winning team and pat them on the back?

Please clarify.

Emskirch said:
No clue, no clue at all. We need a OL, we paid a price to get him, he will fill one hole. He is not a savior.

Ryan Leaf. Payton Manning.

We have lots of needs, and we did not need to reach to fill any need more than any other. That is why we were promised BPA, and it's why I'm just getting more and more pissed off that we didn't get it. How do we ever keep up with the Patsies when they always go BPA and we don't?

Back
Top Bottom