A message for all of you who claim Carey plugs our only hole | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

A message for all of you who claim Carey plugs our only hole

ohall said:
See that I can respect.

In a perfect world it would have been best to not give up a 4th, but sometimes in the draft it seems like they all play games with each other and they can't afford to take the chance that the other team is bluffing.

I just hope in time Carey will make us all forget about this negative draft day stuff. I'm certain you agree with that.

Oliver...
:peace: Absolutely. Hopefully Carey can open up some good holes for Ricky. I'll be rooting for him.

LIQUID24 said:
:peace: Absolutely. Hopefully Carey can open up some good holes for Ricky. I'll be rooting for him.

Let me also say I'm absolutely rooting for Carey. Unlike some of you with the Jay Fiedler situation, I know it isn't Carey's fault that any of this happened and that he can only go out and do his best. That is what I expect from him, and I frankly am rooting for him to do at least one of the things I listed in the first message, triggering an apology if anybody actually admits that they took the position I criticized and agrees to make the apologies I request in certain events.

I also really want to feel comfortable with RS driving the ship like I have been until this afternoon. Like I said elsewhere, I'll be happy if this is the worst mistake he makes.

Jimmy James said:
Let me also say I'm absolutely rooting for Carey. Unlike some of you with the Jay Fiedler situation, I know it isn't Carey's fault that any of this happened and that he can only go out and do his best. That is what I expect from him, and I frankly am rooting for him to do at least one of the things I listed in the first message, triggering an apology if anybody actually admits that they took the position I criticized and agrees to make the apologies I request in certain events.

I also really want to feel comfortable with RS driving the ship like I have been until this afternoon. Like I said elsewhere, I'll be happy if this is the worst mistake he makes.

I don't know you think anyone should owe you an apology for having a dif opinion. Get over it.

Oliver...

Did I say the apology was for me? No. I said an apology. I am not prepared to apologize to anybody other than RS and VC because they are the ones I identified as the people worthy of getting an apology.

Don't tell me to get over it.

Jimmy James said:
I do not believe in drafting for need. The FA market is for need, and the draft is for the future. This is my draft dogma, and the Miami selection has offended it.

I don't disagree with this much. But in this instance, I feel that Miami's backs were against the wall. They HAD to come away with an impact player who could contribute immediately. This isn't the kind of pressure you like to put on your rookies.

But we're behind the curve as far as drafting for the future. We've been forced to draft for now for a long time now. Eventually, we have to get back to that.

This post has to be the result of some very heavy drinking.

This guy isn't Ricky Williams....hell Eli Manning won't have as much pressure thrown upon him as you are our new guard.

Dunk your head in your toilet a few times until you pass out.

Superself,

If you want to take another shot at writing something that makes the slightest bit of sense, I will respond to it.

I haven't had a drop of anything other than water today, but thanks for the concern. This message was inspired by some really stupid posts I took offense to, but it appears that people either wised up, left, or will not admit that they actually intimated Carey was the solution to the team's only hole. If you aren't one of those people, you are not being indicted by me.

Well why then do you get so upset at Miami selecting Carey?

Why put so much pressure on him?

Every scout report I have seen has him ranked as a first rounder....with the main negatives being that he needs to add a bit of muscle.

I don't understand why you get so mad over such a safe pick. I could understand if you were upset over trading the 4th rounder, but Carey is a darn good Offensive lineman. There is a PREMIUM on offensive linemen who can play any position in the NFL. You have to take that into consideration.

I'm not trying to put pressure on him. In fact, the reason I am upset is that I feel that the draft is for the future. Reaching for a guy to come in and contribute immediately is unfair if you ask me. Free agency is for immediate needs, and the draft is for the future.

You seem to be arguing that Carey was a better player at #19 than Wilfork. I disagree, but I respect your right to have that opinion. It is a minority opinion based on all I know, but it is defensible.

Honestly, I wasn't all that upset at first. I then saw a bunch of asshats attack those who weren't running around with glee at Carey, and I got really pissed. Thanks to more reasonable responses, I am calming down a bit and starting to hope for the best with Carey.

BTW, I think you missed a word in your prior entry. I think that's why it didn't make sense.

Jimmy James, IMO, not with the way the NFL works today. You must have some rookies be starters, that is the way it is now a days. You cannot address all your needs via FA now a days.

Jimmy James said:
Did I say the apology was for me? No. I said an apology. I am not prepared to apologize to anybody other than RS and VC because they are the ones I identified as the people worthy of getting an apology.

Don't tell me to get over it.

Get over it! Sorry I couldn't resist, that was fun too! :D

I'm glad you cleared that up, you're now talking for a bunch of ppl, nice.

Oliver...

What rookies did we start last year? What other rookies are we likely to start this year? Remember that we could have easily signed one of two tackles who visited in the past weeks but did not...

Jimmy James said:
I'm not trying to put pressure on him.

Yes you are, so much pressure in fact that if the Dolphins do not make it to the Super Bowl you want most if not all of the blame to go on his shoulders. That is more certainly the implication you made. Nevermind you want an apology for a whole bunch of ppl that you are now represnting if that does happen.

Oliver...

I don't want to put blame on the dude's shoulders. I'm saying that saying he fills our only hole is putting that pressure on him, and that is what people were saying in other threads, leading me to write what I wrote.

I'd like to again note that the people I'm talking about have been, to this point, too cowardly to come forward and put themselves on the line like I did when I wrote what I did.

So you wanted Wolfork instead.
The guy wouldn't have had more of an immediate impact IMO.

I like the pick....its not spectacular, but it does help clear the muddy waters we have at that position. I mean face it, the guys we have recently picked up at the OL position, they don't instill confidence over what we had last year (with exception to Jeno James). To even think they were mentioning bringing back Perry or Ruddy....it really got under my skin...especially since the FO kept preaching we needed to upgrade.

With Carey, they can see which position he grades out the best in and plug him in there. Right off the bat, I'm sure he brings more power than what we had there last year....if anything, he brings more girth! ;)

Back
Top Bottom