A message for all of you who claim Carey plugs our only hole | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

A message for all of you who claim Carey plugs our only hole

Muck said:
Also, you insinuate that "we" know better than the FO. And yet you're chastizing them for not picking a DT. Plus, you're putting sky-high expectations on Carey. And in the same breath, your advocating the pick of a player who would be 3rd man at best at position already of strength.

I'm not chastising them for failing to take Wilfork. I'm chastising them for not going BPA, and I'm citing Wilfork as evidence that Miami did not go BPA. There seem to be no arguments about that, though I'm willing to hear them from all you 'Canes fans.

I'm putting sky-high expectations on Carey because Carey is a reach. Reaching for a player says that you're confident that the team is so damn good that he alone will make the difference. The draft is all about keeping your team solid for the years to come, and a guy like Wilfork would have done that far better than Carey based on what I know at this very moment. I'm not saying the Wilfork is the only guy who fits that description, but I am saying that there are guys who fit it better than Carey. The trade up just adds insult to injury.

Muck said:
What if Carey makes 11 starts, wins no postseason awards, Ricky is 2nd in rushing, and the Dolphins lose in the 2nd round??

Would that make Wilfork a better pick??

What that would show is that we weren't close enough to glory to reach instead of taking BPA.

Muck said:
DT - Bowens, Chester, Zgonina. Three legit starters. Romero ain't bad either.

RG/RT - Taylor Whitley, Greg Jerman, John St. Clair, Damien McIntosh (injured)

IMO, the right side of the OL was just a LIIIIIITLE bit more needy than the DT position.

Also, you insinuate that "we" know better than the FO. And yet you're chastizing them for not picking a DT. Plus, you're putting sky-high expectations on Carey. And in the same breath, your advocating the pick of a player who would be 3rd man at best at position already of strength.
:lol:
Thats what I was thinking. Also....who says we didnt have Carey as our BPA? Kiper's board isnt out board. Wilfork isn't any more special than caey IMO and Caery plays OL...a need position. Based on who was gone and available, I think we did ok.

Jimmy James said:
I'm not chastising them for failing to take Wilfork. I'm chastising them for not going BPA, and I'm citing Wilfork as evidence that Miami did not go BPA. There seem to be no arguments about that, though I'm willing to hear them from all you 'Canes fans.

I'm putting sky-high expectations on Carey because Carey is a reach. Reaching for a player says that you're confident that the team is so damn good that he alone will make the difference. The draft is all about keeping your team solid for the years to come, and a guy like Wilfork would have done that far better than Carey based on what I know at this very moment. I'm not saying the Wilfork is the only guy who fits that description, but I am saying that there are guys who fit it better than Carey. The trade up just adds insult to injury.

I will give you this, you can backward talk very well

Muck said:
DT - Bowens, Chester, Zgonina. Three legit starters. Romero ain't bad either.

RG/RT - Taylor Whitley, Greg Jerman, John St. Clair, Damien McIntosh (injured)

IMO, the right side of the OL was just a LIIIIIITLE bit more needy than the DT position.

Agree with ya Mucky.

Jimmy James said:

How do you know they didn't go BPA, did they send you a copy of their draft board? If so please share!

Carey is going to be a starter, Wilfork would not have been on this team. I don't think any of you that think Wilfork would have more of an impact understand how deep we are at DT this year. Now if you're saying Wilfork will be a better player in the long run that's all together dif! I don't agree ,but that's a totally dif argument.

Oliver...

Emskirch,

I think you and a lot of people don't understand that this is a message for those who say Carey fills our only need. That is the argument in many other threads, and this is aimed at calling those people out and getting them to commit to putting something at stake for their ludicrous argument.

If you want to argue BPA, I'm willing to hear evidence. That means you're not one of the people I'm talking about who feel it is justified to reach for a player. That's where I'm coming from here. The title was very important, and I regret not repeating it as the first line of the post itself.

Jimmy James ,first of all who here or anywhere can call when an injury is going to happen ? No one I know of ! I respect your opinion, but I guess based on what you say we sould have drafted Jackson in case RW went down. You can,t draft for what may happen. We needed o-line , we got o-line. Did we over pay? Call me when the season starts and I,ll let you know. Till then its wait and see.

I cannot believe some people. It seems they would not be satisfied unless we got Eli Manning. My god people, we filled a hole. What If someone moved up and took Carey? What would we do? Nothing, we would be screwed.

We have suitable depth at RB, but we don't at DT. We have three old guys and a guy one of you are in my opinion way too high on. I fully expect that one of the three old guys is going to be hurt at any given point and that the other two need rest. This is why DT is so important, and it's why I feel comfortable asking for an apology in the event of injury at DT followed by poor play that compromises the defense in exchange for my set of apology commitments.

Seems to me that NE was just calling our bluff and we are now one draft pick lighter looks like Bill is smarter then our whole team. This was the dumbest move I've ever seen. With Smiley still there and Wilfork we could also have traded down to get more picks instead we do the worst thing thaty could have been done and not only pick a guy with a reach, we trade up ONE STINKIN SPOT, for a fourth rd pick, man we look dumber then MN last year missing their turn.

What do we have left 3,6,7,7, wow were going to make some noise with that crap. All the talk about a WR if there's one worth having in the third I'll be shocked. Rick is a baboons *** we did better with Wanny. I wonder if not only will I ever see a SB win but a decnt draft in my lifetime.

Jimmy James said:
Emskirch,

I think you and a lot of people don't understand that this is a message for those who say Carey fills our only need. That is the argument in many other threads, and this is aimed at calling those people out and getting them to commit to putting something at stake for their ludicrous argument.

If you want to argue BPA, I'm willing to hear evidence. That means you're not one of the people I'm talking about who feel it is justified to reach for a player. That's where I'm coming from here. The title was very important, and I regret not repeating it as the first line of the post itself.

Again, that is moronic. Ryan Leaf came out hyped up on DRAFT BOARDS, geesh that was a great move huh?

Evidence? I will hand you the draft board for every year a draft has been done. Why is it that hall of fame players are not all drafting in the 1st round?

Whoever said that Carey fills our only need, they need to check into a hospital of come out of those clouds.

The move is not a reach. Whats a reach is you trying to make every Miami fan think this makes them a perfect team, and wants to bet.

Your typing things up there that are nuts.

1. Ricky had a GREAT year in 2002, no 1 player was responsible.
2. Pro Bowler in his 1st year for Carey, come on, then you tell me who is going to be a pro bowler in the NFL this upcoming year, and who is a rookie.
3. Just give me the ROY

If you can't do any of that, give me a public apology at the end of the year.

Sounds stupid doesn't it?

good move to help o-line- what other moves to help o-line?trade today, june 1st we must do more!!

Prime Time said:
I cannot believe some people. It seems they would not be satisfied unless we got Eli Manning. My god people, we filled a hole. What If someone moved up and took Carey? What would we do? Nothing, we would be screwed.
Who cares if someone got Carey? we could've traded down and gotten Smiley, who most people rate above Carey anyway.

Back
Top Bottom