A message for all of you who claim Carey plugs our only hole | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

A message for all of you who claim Carey plugs our only hole

Vernon Carey was the way to go Jimmy James, agree or disagree with it, but it was the way to go.

Man do we have a lot of GM's on this board, we all know what player is better than another player..but wait a minute..that was in college wasn't it. Now lets see who's better in the Pros. If we had picked Brady a couple of years ago, I can see the headlines on this board, what! Wasted pick, TC filler. You never know who's going to make a impact until it's game time..so relax guys, I like the pick, we did what we had to. We have another Ol men that we despartely needed, dam the Eagles, Carey was expected to go in the 1st, why not us. All the sports writers I've read so far who's grading the draft have giving us a good grade on this deal and I tend to agree. We did not need to draft D in the 1st round, that's where all our money is right now anyway. We needed some balance on the O and we're getting there. I feel a lot better about the OL today than I did yesterday.

Prime Time said:
Vernon Carey was the way to go Jimmy James, agree or disagree with it, but it was the way to go.

That's your opinion, and I grant you that it's a popular one. You also have the support of the team. Then again, I have the support of the team when I support Fiedler. That doesn't stop people from arguing with me.

There is an alot of discussion about BPA and Carey. Here's a point to ponder: If the BPA in 1986 or 87 was a QB, would this be talked about? No, it wouldn't because QB was not a major need in those drafts, however in this draft the need was O-line, and the BPA is a Dolphin. I doubt Wilfork could play guard or tackle nearly as good as Carey, and vice-versa.

If BPA in 86 or 87 was QB, I would have definitely wanted to go for him. In that era even more than today, the draft was all about the future. If you want to play revisionist like this, wouldn't you have hated to pass on say Aikman and then have Danny go down with a career ending injury the next season? I sure know I would have.

No offense JJ, but just because the Fins didnt take the player you wanted over the player they wanted doesnt mean anyone should apologize to you for it. I like the pick, I think hes going to have a positive impact on the team (though I liked Wilfork as well). I even like the move RS made to trade up a spot, because I have a hunch that Dallas was making a run at beating us to Carey. They had him rated very highly and had a major need at OG (Allen is still good, but Andre Gurode kind of leaves something to be desired). Also, they traded out of the 1st round entirely (and screwed the Bills, might I add...lol) after Carey was gone, which makes me think he was their target all along.

FinFan4Life814,

I'm not going to respond to you until you go back through and figure out where you have gone wrong. Oh, hell, I'll help a bit:

I didn't ask for an apology to me
I didn't ask anybody who likes the pick to offer the apology -- just those who justify it by saying VC fills Miami's ONE HOLE
You have the right to your opinion, and I have the right to mine
The pick at this point bothers me far more than the trade up

Bodzilla29 said:
You are basing your WHOLE argument on an opinion. How do you know Wilfork was Miami's BPA? Look at where Boomer had him ranked in his DT rankings, what if Rick had the same opinion? Wilfork fell a long way, menaing there were a lot of ??? about him.

I would understand your argument a lot more if a reputed top 5 player were available and we passed on him, but we are talking about a player 20 teams passed over, NOT Robert Gallery or Sean Taylor.

Exactly, I don't get his POV at all. It seems to be based on all opinion not facts. He continues to ignore 2 teams were after Carey at #19, and what the Bills gave up to move up one spot later on. Giving up a 4th is a darn bargain. Of course we all wished they didn't have to, but this ain't madden football, there is no reset switch. Some ppl don't seem to get that.

Oliver...

Jimmy James said:
I fully expect an apology and explanation from every one of you if this team does not win the Super Bowl.

What?! Why?! For optimism. Cause they choose to see the possibility of fielding a better offensive line then last yr. Do optimistic people threaten you? Do you take personal offense to them? Did your mother abuse you as a kid?

Would you screwheads please stop reacting to the first page without reading through the rest?

plc001,

I directed that comment to people who have not as yet stepped forward. In fact, I now retract my offer because I was either wrong about what people were saying or those who believe VC is the answer to the ONE HOLE on the team are too cowardly to come forward. In a way, I find that encouraging because we have at least established that VC is not supposed to be the team savior in everybody's eyes.

Jimmy James said:
Would you screwheads please stop reacting to the first page without reading through the rest? .

Then maybe you should edit your initial post so you don't come across like an ***.

Jimmy James said:
I directed that comment to people who have not as yet stepped forward. In fact, I now retract my offer because I was either wrong about what people were saying or those who believe VC is the answer to the ONE HOLE on the team are too cowardly to come forward. In a way, I find that encouraging because we have at least established that VC is not supposed to be the team savior in everybody's eyes.

Doesn't matter who you directed the comments to. Demanding an apology for an opinion is incredibly arrogant. As if your butt hole is any prettier then everyone elses.

Anyway, that's all for my rant. You can go on about your business as usual.

I didn't demand an apology. I made a proposition: if the people I was speaking of would agree to make an apology in 2 circumstances, I would agree to make one in 4. What is so damned hard to figure out about that?

We only have 1 person who I feel confident about on our whole O-Line.

LT - Mclair (sp?) was a utility backup in STL and McIntosh ankles are all ganked up and wont be able to come back until week 6 at the earliest

RG - Cary, he looks great but he is a rookie and will take some time to get comfortable in this league

C-Mckinie(sp?) question with O Line calls

RG - Jeno, this spot is filled for the next 4 years at least :)

RT - Wade Smith, was OK it seems but nothing that makes me confident he will be able to stop the better pash rushers in the league. He needs a good offseason to bulk up a bit.

So I dont see how anyone could say "we are superbowl bound". I do realize that all teams have question marks but we have alot of them in a bad place, the trenches.

But its spring and hope is eternal :)

I wanted us to take Wilfork but I can't argue with Carey as o-line (specially that right side)was our biggest priority imo. I hated giving our 4th round pick but we now have some amo tomorrow and can still get a good DT(Lavalais,Askew) and a good WR(Parker,Sam) if we move up into the 4th with our 5 and 6 so we'd come out of this draft very solid as I think WR,o-line and DT were the spots we needed help at. We can't judge this draft just yet.

Ozzy rules!!

Back
Top Bottom