A myth going around | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

A myth going around

I kinda find it funny that people around here are still talking playoffs. We had our chance at the playoffs with two home divisional games. We got beat, end of story. I really don't think people really understand the situation we are in. We can sweep the two road games vs the jets and pats and still not be in the running for the division. If we beat the jets and the jets beat the pats the jets are still ahead of us. If the pats beat the jets and we sweep both, the jets are still a tiebreaker up because to date we are undefeated in nonconference games, while the jets lost to GB. This gives them a better conference record and therefore they would still be a game ahead of us. So the division is out of reach unless we make up three games by the end of the year. That isn't going to happen.

Now the WC is still possible but a long shot, you have to remember we lose any tiebreaker to any team we can't beat heads up b/c of the two wins vs GB and MN. So now the Ravens and Titians game become absolute "MUST" wins. If we win both then we have a shot as long as we win vs the raiders, and hope the texans or colts run into some trouble down the stretch, and the steelers beat out the ravens for their divison. A lot has to fall perfect for us to even have a shot.

If we lose the next two games we should pull players like Dansby, and Marshall and save them for next year. Let the younger players get some gametime. We lose both of the next two and we could win out and it would still be nearly impossible to make a WC. If we lose just one of the next two we are less than 5% to make the post season. We have dug oursevles quite a hole, and I really don't see us digging out this time. One thing is for sure, the next two weeks are absolute "MUST" wins.

Ive already pointed all of this out numerous times. We are in a huge hole. Now Im just showing how there is no perceived let up in the schedule as most are assuming around here.

Ive already pointed all of this out numerous times. We are in a huge hole. Now Im just showing how there is no perceived let up in the schedule as most are assuming around here.
Right, and I wasn't disagreeing. I was just pointing out that at this point it really wouldn't matter if we were playing 8 college teams in the 2nd half of the season, we really don't have a shot at the playoffs. Our shot at the playoffs went out the window after we lost to two divisional rivals at home.

We need to be looking ahead to the draft, and draft position, not who we play the rest of the year. This year is history already.

Right, and I wasn't disagreeing. I was just pointing out that at this point it really wouldn't matter if we were playing 8 college teams in the 2nd half of the season, we really don't have a shot at the playoffs. Our shot at the playoffs went out the window after we lost to two divisional rivals at home.

We need to be looking ahead to the draft, and draft position, not who we play the rest of the year. This year is history already.
Wow so pessimistic. If we win out I think we might make the playoffs. 13-3 is a possibilty (technically) and I think we would get into the playoffs.

LOL, you guys are absolutely RIDICULOUS!!!!!!!!! Because they lost 2 division games at home in september the season is over??????? You think every team ahead of us right now in the standings is gonna win out? Gimme a break, they are very much alive for the playoffs, a win today would put them in excellent position to make a 2nd half run. THis schedule talk is ridiculous too, we;ve had the toughest 1st half schedule in the league, the 2nd half is not as tough, PERIOD. Ok the raiders and browns and lions games may not be as easy as we initially thought, but those teams arent the steelers and packers and ravens either.

Yes there is. 5 home games in the 2nd half vs only 3 home games in the 1st half. The 3 teams we played at home in the 1st half have a combined winning % of .761. The 5 teams we play at home in the 2nd half have a combined winning % of .353. DO YOU SEE HOW THAT IS AN ENORMOUS LET UP????????? The 3 road games are very tough, but the jets and oakland games are still very winnable.

2nd half schedule is easier, ITS A FACT.

Or you could look at it as the teams we have beat combine for 9 wins!

not even a little bit. gonna continue watchin my 3 tvs in my living room and hittin parlays all day.

Police inspector Carlos Augusto Nogueira said that Ronaldo, who is recuperating from a knee injury in his homeland, contracted the services of three transvestites - believing them to be women - and took them to a motel.

Ronaldo was caught"watching and hittin parlays" with his 3 TVs

http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showthread.php?t=147608

Back
Top Bottom