A Note on the Draft | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

A Note on the Draft

Boomer, I love your posts and really appreciate your extensive knowledge of the game/players.

However, the `pool have little hope of beating the mighty blues over two legs! Fancy a pre match beer at The Bridge?

BlueFin said:
Yes, I think the important thing is that they are presented as rumour and not as a fact.

I think Boomer would be the first to admit that ALL of his posts are based on rumors and not facts. While many of his posts come from very credible sources with first or second hand scoops, they are still just rumors. He never claimed otherwise.

For the record, the majority of posters on this board genuinely appreciate the free flow of info that Boomer provides. Still, there are a select vocal few that would rather reject his scoops and "catch him in a lie". Why? I dont know. Thats life in this great, green world of ours. The detractors are few and vocal. The majority are appreciateive and quiet.

My advise - ignore em. Dont answer them if you dont want to. The vast majority here appreciate your posts, so dont let a few bad apples spoil the bunch.

Boomer,
I enjoy reading your posts, in fact I scroll through every day to see if you have made any new sones. I think everything that comes out, unless off official newswires, should be known that it is a rumor. I find it stupid for people to drag you down when you give us your insight. I believe that those people just show their ignorance and are way too wrapped up in their own opinions.

Thanks and keep contributing

Boomer said:
With regards to some of the things thrown around today re: the draft, the info comes some from insider websites, some from beat journos on different papers and some from just knowing where to look and who to e-mail, etc. You build up contacts of people, etc. Whatever your opinion on the top, middle or bottom of the draft, it's all just an opinion. If it's wrong, so be it. If the 49ers do draft Aaron Rodgers, so be it and good luck to them. The reason for going with Smith as the pick as that's what the whispers are. It may be wrong, it probably is. As for Miami going with Benson, it's a shock, but again, it's the gathering rumour.

You know what happens draft day and how stuff shakes out. Suffice to say that myself and KB and CK etc pass the stuff on because that's what you hear. I'm happy to keep it all up in the Gold Club upstairs, but I would imagine you'd rather hear than not.

Anyway, enjoy the draft. See you in the GC.

Boomer.

Don't let some of the idiots on this board get you down. Many of us really enjoy all the inside information that people like you post. We just don't post all the time to let you all know. Keep up the good work! :)

Surferosa said:
I think Boomer would be the first to admit that ALL of his posts are based on rumors and not facts. While many of his posts come from very credible sources with first or second hand scoops, they are still just rumors. He never claimed otherwise.

For the record, the majority of posters on this board genuinely appreciate the free flow of info that Boomer provides. Still, there are a select vocal few that would rather reject his scoops and "catch him in a lie". Why? I dont know. Thats life in this great, green world of ours. The detractors are few and vocal. The majority are appreciateive and quiet.

My advise - ignore em. Dont answer them if you dont want to. The vast majority here appreciate your posts, so dont let a few bad apples spoil the bunch.

Not to quibble, but this from yesterday was not being presented as rumour:

San Francisco Negotiating with Rodgers
San Fran are negotiating with Rodgers as means to worry Alex Smith. Alex Smith is the 49ers guy. There is absolutely no doubt. The logic is that the Niners will attempt to create the false appearance that Rodgers is their guy to gain leverage in negotiations with Smith. Mike Nolan prefers Rodgers, but the rest of the scouting department and the D of PP and the GM all prefer Alex Smith.

This means that Miami will NOT take a QB as they have Smith much higher than Rodgers.

Besides statements that ARE presented as fact, which are widely contradicted by other sources, Boomer goes on to mention a GM at San Fran that will have final say on the pick, only problem, that GM doesn't exist.

As I stated yesterday, Ira Miller(Niners beat writer) has stated that Nolan will make the call and that they are leaning towards Rodgers.

I have nothing against Boomer, I respect him as a knowledgable football fan, but just like anybody else who posts on this board, if you post bad information somebody is going to call you on it.

I also enjoy reading Boomers posts, but they are not gospel to me and I can see when the emperor isn't wearing any clothes.

And Boomer, you should ignore the ignorant posts of 15 years olds that make personal attacks, that is a completely different subject from someone legitmately pointing out an error in a post.

boom keep up the good work .. i just love rumors and insider info ... i for one wouldn't mind cedric benson... at #5 or perhaps #2 .... he is a stud runner... in the smash mouth style needed in miami ... out of the three back .. williams is the one that makes me the most nervous.. despite being ... the take it the distance runner he is... he just isn't too durable and i question if he can take the pounding NFL style!!! whom ever miami drafts and where he is picked doesn't matter as long as he can come in a contribute and help this team win ... p.s. i was watching the football networks draft special on sunday night .. and DAVE-TEE-THOMAS stated that dallas was very interested in maimi's # 2 pick ... he also said some stuff about other teams as well ... but i was only interested in what he had to say about miami ... he also feel ronnie brown isthe cream of this 2005 draft ... lets go fins!!!!

Boomer, you SUCK!! The sooner you're outta here the sooner everyone will have to listen to me for their draft info....Go on...git going!!!
And don't come back here either ya know-it-all limey!!

AJ, can I have his draft guru badge???

:D

Keep up the GREAT work!

Hey Boomer:

Dude, you are one reason this site rocks! I have enjoyed your insight and your knowledge of the 'phins organization. I greatly appreciate your contributions and would hope that you continue to do so. Remember that there's is no way in Hades to please everyone so go ahead and just be yourself and do your thing. You have fans on this site. Great Work. Thanks.:cool2:

inFINSible said:
Boomer, you SUCK!! The sooner you're outta here the sooner everyone will have to listen to me for their draft info....Go on...git going!!!

Thats a little harsh InFins :D .....I for one think you richly deserve a "Draft Guru" mantel.

BlueFin said:
Not to quibble, but this from yesterday was not being presented as rumour:

His source for the Alex Smith/49er scoop passed on the story as a sure thing. Thats how Boomer passed the rumor along - as a sure thing . Hes entitled to believe the rumor; youre entitled to doubt it. Either way, hes not presenting the rumor as fact - hes relaying the scoop the same way he received it. In this case, the rumor is presented very aggressively. But its still only a rumor. Maybe he needs to include a discaimer in his signature that says " please regard all posts as rumors and not facts"?

If you post bad information somebody is going to call you on it.

Fair enough. Everyone should be held accountable for this. But Boomer admitted as much in the thread you referred to (with regards to the Niner GM)

I also enjoy reading Boomers posts, but they are not gospel to me and I can see when the emperor isn't wearing any clothes.

Its not gospel to me either. Its food for thought based on a variety of unconfirmed but potentially credible sources, and the stimulus for some very interesting draft discussion. Good enough for me.

And I dont want to see Boomer without clothes, thank you. :eek:

BlueFin said:
Thats a little harsh InFins :D .....I for one think you richly deserve a "Draft Guru" mantel.
:hmmm: if you're throwing them around so easily, I may not want one after all...

I better rethink this...

uh....that was supposed to be funny....anybody??

Bueller??

is this thing on??

inFINSible said:

:lol:

inFINSible said:
:hmmm: if you're throwing them around so easily, I may not want one after all...

I better rethink this...

Heavy is the head that wears the crown....stay a little fish....and enjoy.

Back
Top Bottom