2. Eric Reid* / S / LSU

2. Ryan Swope / WR / Texas A&M

3. Robert Alford / CB / S.E. Louisiana

3. Leon McFadden / CB / San Diego St.

4. Chris Gragg / TE / Arkansas

5. Luke Marquardt / OT / Azusa Pacific

7. Quanterus Smith / DE / Western Kentucky

7. Jeff Nady / OT / Nevada

rare indeed...you think eric reid would be a good fit with reshad jones??? also what's the thought behind waiting til the 7th round to attempt to supplement the pass rush???

rare indeed...you think eric reid would be a good fit with reshad jones??? also what's the thought behind waiting til the 7th round to attempt to supplement the pass rush???

I think Reid is a perfect complement to Reshad Jones. Reid, Phillip Thomas, and Bacarri Rambo are the best 3 free safeties in the draft in terms of playing center field in my opinion. I have a couple of different routes here that I'd be satisfied with. One of which is taking Thomas and/or Rambo in the 3rd round, with Carradine at 2(a). Although I happen to believe the one I posted to have the most likely chance of being a reality.

Most of the pass rushers are going to be gone in the 1st round, and I didn't feel like the value was there in the 2nd. The best value I could find in regards to pass rush was later in the draft. Too many quality DB's and skill position players from the 2nd-4th rounds.

What is your plan for the O-line, Slimm? You dabbling in free agency to upgrade? Keeping Jake Long?

I think Reid is a perfect complement to Reshad Jones. Reid, Phillip Thomas, and Bacarri Rambo are the best 3 free safeties in the draft in terms of playing center field in my opinion. I have a couple of different routes here that I'd be satisfied with. One of which is taking Thomas and/or Rambo in the 3rd round, with Carradine at 2(a). Although I happen to believe the one I posted to have the most likely chance of being a reality.

Most of the pass rushers are going to be gone in the 1st round, and I didn't feel like the value was there in the 2nd. The best value I could find in regards to pass rush was later in the draft. Too many quality DB's and skill position players from the 2nd-4th rounds.

hmmm ok...i think eric reid has more strong safety hips and game...i'd be a little nervous about him covering so much space from a range aspect...

also where's the boundary win wr??? safe to assume that you're getting that via free agency i guess...

What is your plan for the O-line, Slimm? You dabbling in free agency to upgrade? Keeping Jake Long?

Not at $11 million I ain't. The offensive line isn't the priority that this team keeps trying to make it. However, I do believe both of the OT's I selected here will start eventually, with Nady being the most likely to kick inside to guard. I have no idea why this kid isn't more popular. Watch Nevada's offense. All you have to do is watch this kid blow people off the ball. Watch him in Nevada's bowl game against Arizona.... they run behind this kid every time. He's the reason why Stefphon Jefferson was able to rush for nearly 2,000 yards and 24 TD's. Looked just as good in his All-Star Game.

Marquardt is probably the best looking physical specimen along the offensive line in this entire class of tackles. Most of all, they're athletes that can move.

I'd dabble a little bit in free agency for starter quality competition that fits. But the priority is on upgrading the skill positions. I'm not a subscriber to Jeff Ireland's trench theory in turning around a stagnant franchise.

Not at $11 million I ain't. The offensive line isn't the priority that this team keeps trying to make it. However, I do believe both of the OT's I selected here will start eventually, with Nady being the most likely to kick inside to guard. I have no idea why this kid isn't more popular. Watch Nevada's offense. All you have to do is watch this kid blow people off the ball. Watch him in Nevada's bowl game against Arizona.... they run behind this kid every time. He's the reason why Stefphon Jefferson was able to rush for nearly 2,000 yards and 24 TD's. Looked just as good in his All-Star Game.

Marquardt is probably the best looking physical specimen along the offensive line in this entire class of tackles. Most of all, they're athletes that can move.

I'd dabble a little bit in free agency for starter quality competition that fits. But the priority is on upgrading the skill positions. I'm not a subscriber to Jeff Ireland's trench theory in turning around a stagnant franchise.

for a man who loves his RBs as much as you, I'm shocked!!!

hmmm ok...i think eric reid has more strong safety hips and game...i'd be a little nervous about him covering so much space from a range aspect...

also where's the boundary win wr??? safe to assume that you're getting that via free agency i guess...

Strong safety is going to turn and run more than a free safety. I like Reid's angles to the action (ball) and what he's able to do when he gets there. Stiffer hips belong as the deepest in inverted coverages.

I'd be looking at Mike Wallace to sprinkle in on the outside, although Eifert is essentially a WR that can win on the outside also. The main thing is I feel like I have guys that fit the system, while also getting at minimum a half-round steal at just about every pick other than at #12. The West Coast Spread is going to motion the "Y" and "F" a lot to create matchups, which is another schematic advantage where Gragg comes in.

Is that Eifert at 12? Or trade down?

Sounds like a good draft, slightly surprised to see a safety so high.

I'm also a firm believer that Gragg is a severely, severely underrated blocker. I can run some base 2-TE packages here due to the versatility of my two TE's and force the defense to adjust. If they bring in an extra defensive back, I can line up and run the football. If the defense stays in a base, or 2-down defense... I'm going to spread 'em out and force them to matchup with LB's or S's man-to-man against my TE's.... and I never have to change personnel packages. Which means I can increase the tempo of the offense.

I like Chris Gragg as well. You can probably pick up Justice Cunningham as a UDFA and he would stand a chance of making the team.

Quanterus Smith is great value. Leon McFadden and Robert Alford would be good value players.

1. Tyler Eifert* / TE / Notre Dame

2. Eric Reid* / S / LSU

2. Ryan Swope / WR / Texas A&M

3. Robert Alford / CB / S.E. Louisiana

3. Leon McFadden / CB / San Diego St.

4. Chris Gragg / TE / Arkansas

5. Luke Marquardt / OT / Azusa Pacific

7. Quanterus Smith / DE / Western Kentucky

7. Jeff Nady / OT / Nevada

Love Alford.

i agree with the boundary win options with eifert...not many teams are gonna put a corner out there over him like bama did and feel good about it...he'll expose lbs and safeties imo out wide...like the up tempo possibilities you present as well...

i think it may be tough to get alford that late...but i keep hearing he's 25 years old and i have yet to verify it...if he's overaged i can see him on the board longer than many of us think...if he's 23 i think he's gone by end of round 2...getting him in round 3 seems like quite the pull to me...i like his upside more than mcfadden who i just think is solid across the board but not possibly special

i wouldn't be going safety at #42 though...

Back
Top Bottom