A rare Slimm mock draft | Page 10 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

A rare Slimm mock draft

I have to ask -

You said you stick by your board and do not allow public perception to twist your draft strategy. Now, if you thought DJ Hayden was worth a 2nd round pick now, but you weren't drafting him less than a month ago, what does that tell me? I'm a bit confused. You mentioned him as a 7th round pick after your initial mock, but he's sure as hell shot up the boards.

Did you just get around to watching tape on him? I only ask because I would have thought youd have him, minimum, as a 4th/5th round guy at the start if he was a true possible 2nd rounder. Just trying to understand your process.

I have to ask -

You said you stick by your board and do not allow public perception to twist your draft strategy. Now, if you thought DJ Hayden was worth a 2nd round pick now, but you weren't drafting him less than a month ago, what does that tell me? I'm a bit confused. You mentioned him as a 7th round pick after your initial mock, but he's sure as hell shot up the boards.

Did you just get around to watching tape on him? I only ask because I would have thought youd have him, minimum, as a 4th/5th round guy at the start if he was a true possible 2nd rounder. Just trying to understand your process.

I felt like D.J. Hayden was one of the top 4 or 5 Senior cornerbacksin the country 6 months ago prior to his injury. However, as of the time I created this thread, Hayden's future was still very much in doubt. I gave him a 6th round grade in my position rankings with the understanding that he may never even play football again.... that's how highly I already thought of him. I would've considered taking him in the 6th round without being 100% certain that he was capable of playing again.

After he went out and destroyed his pro day, combined with the information that it's highly unlikely that he'll hurt himself again in that manner, I moved him up.

That's not public perception affecting my strategy.... That's D.J. Hayden himself performing, and easing some of the questions about his injury and how it affects his future.

However, if I know you're chomping at the bit to draft a kid I like before he gets to me, obviously that's a case where public perception would affect a potential strategy.

Ah I was unaware there was some career ending potential on a guy's injury. That makes sense.

I took a gamble that Dj hayden would be around for the 67th pick, which was a pick I gained from the odrick trade in VIP mock. A handful of picks before that, I tried to trade up for eric reid, I waited to long and lost out. I wasn't going to let it happen with hayden. I watched very little of this guy back when you first started talking about him, and tried as best as I could to keep up with his injury. After reading about his proday, and how his medical has come along, I had no problem pulling the trigger. This is a fun kid to watch, and I think he's just what miamis secondary needs. I think he's going to shoot up peoples big boards, and miami will most likely miss out on him, which is too bad... I wish the hype had just stayed on the downlow... we had a better chance of landing him than. As of right now, I personally like him only behind milliner and trufant.

Reports saying that Eric Reid totally killed it at his pro-day, some think he has a shot to go before Vaccaro...looks like you were onto something, Slimm.

Back
Top Bottom