A rare Slimm mock draft | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

A rare Slimm mock draft

I kinda wonder about the instincts for lb but I also think why couldn't this kid be a plug and play situational rusher? He's got serious tools

If you're able to, watch the Southern Miss/East Carolina game from his Junior season in 2011.... he's essentially been playing DE at Southern Miss. Watch him drop into zone coverage, intercept a pass.... and return it 97 yards for a touchdown. There's really not much he wouldn't be able to do allowed to play from a 2-point stance in my estimation.

It just seems to me that 34 teams would be on him more. Looks more 34 olb to me. If you drafted him to play lb in a 43 you putting him at Sam in misis spot? I'd want that getting after the qb

It just seems to me that 34 teams would be on him more. Looks more 34 olb to me. If you drafted him to play lb in a 43 you putting him at Sam in misis spot? I'd want that getting after the qb

Agree. Agree. Yes. Agree. I'd probably put together some packages (3rd down, 4-2-5, etc.) where he's allowed to blitz during his rookie season while they play out the string with Misi on 1st and 2nd down. I'd want him to eventually take over the following season.

Agree. Agree. Yes. Agree. I'd probably put together some packages (3rd down, 4-2-5, etc.) where he's allowed to blitz during his rookie season while they play out the string with Misi on 1st and 2nd down. I'd want him to eventually take over the following season.

I kinda think he's going top 50. Gets out of round 2 I will be shocked.

Here's one for hoops....

1. (12) Barkevious Mingo

2. (42) D.J. Hayden

2. (54) Johnthan Banks

3. (77) Terron Armstead

3. (82) Jamie Collins

4. (111) Christine Michael

5. (146) Tyrann Mathieu

5. (166) Kiki Alonso

7. (217) Quanterus Smith

7. (224) Rontez Miles

7. (250) Justice Cunningham

Here's one for hoops....

1. (12) Barkevious Mingo

2. (42) D.J. Hayden

2. (54) Johnthan Banks

3. (77) Terron Armstead

3. (82) Jamie Collins

5. (146) Tyrann Mathieu

5. (166) Kiki Alonso

7. (217) Quanterus Smith

7. (224) Rontez Miles

That's an epic draft if it were to play out.

Here's one for hoops....

1. (12) Barkevious Mingo

2. (42) D.J. Hayden

2. (54) Johnthan Banks

3. (77) Terron Armstead

3. (82) Jamie Collins

5. (146) Tyrann Mathieu

5. (166) Kiki Alonso

7. (217) Quanterus Smith

7. (224) Rontez Miles

you should do time in a max security facility for that one...

by the way i think banks is gonna be like xavier rhodes...liked more by a press cover 2 system...i think hayden trufant poyer and alford all fit us more

I'd love for miami to draft a combo of hayden, alford and trufant.. I like all three quite a bit. havent watched enough of poyer, guess I will have to take your guys word for it.

I love the players in a lot of the variations, but just don't think it's realistic.

Would be surprised if Collins doesn't go top-50. Quanterus Smith will go late 3rd/early 4th most likely.

Armstead on upside probably earlier.

Love the idea, but not Mingo, but not sure it's feasible.

slimm... I know your an alabama guy..

give me your thoughts on barrett jones.

i like his versatility and his alabama pedigree, but not sure I can pull the trigger in round two.

slimm... I know your an alabama guy..

give me your thoughts on barrett jones.

i like his versatility and his alabama pedigree, but not sure I can pull the trigger in round two.

Well he's obviously the most versatile offensive lineman in the draft, and also the most intelligent. He's managed to earn All-American honors at 3 different positions along the offensive line, although I think he's a natural guard. Jones is a technician that gets the job done with his understanding of blocking angles and being accurate hitting his landmarks. Natural knee bender with outstanding head placement and terrific upper body strength. Knows how to make all the line calls and slide protections. Extremely tough kid who has played through significant injuries because football is important to him. Outstanding leader and locker room presence.

He's already graduated with a Masters degree in accounting, while maintaining a 4.0 GPA, in addition to winning the William V. Campbell Trophy which is essentially the "Academic Heisman".

However, he struggles a little bit when he's covered by a nose tackle.... especially a quick one. Spencer Nealy gave him fits in the game against Texas A&M, and Issac Gross did the same in the Ole Miss game. He's better when he's left uncovered so he can double team block with a guard, hold his position, and allow the guard to move to the second level.

I have a strong 4th round grade on him, but that's probably underrating him a little bit. A team shouldn't second guess themselves at all if they decide to pull the trigger in the 3rd round.

I like all your picks but I have 2 questions. Are you pre-supposing they sign a pass rushing DE in free agency beforehand? Also do you think waiting till the third round for an Alford quality player instead of taking a better quality corner earlier is a good idea considering our pass rushing/pass coverage problem? To me either a good pass rusher or good corner would have to be taken earlier. Other than that, really like the players you've chosen.
1. Tyler Eifert* / TE / Notre Dame

2. Eric Reid* / S / LSU

2. Ryan Swope / WR / Texas A&M

3. Robert Alford / CB / S.E. Louisiana

3. Leon McFadden / CB / San Diego St.

4. Chris Gragg / TE / Arkansas

5. Luke Marquardt / OT / Azusa Pacific

7. Quanterus Smith / DE / Western Kentucky

7. Jeff Nady / OT / Nevada

I like all your picks but I have 2 questions. Are you pre-supposing they sign a pass rushing DE in free agency beforehand? Also do you think waiting till the third round for an Alford quality player instead of taking a better quality corner earlier is a good idea considering our pass rushing/pass coverage problem? To me either a good pass rusher or good corner would have to be taken earlier. Other than that, really like the players you've chosen.

I figured they'd sign John Abraham for the RDE spot, or at least I'd hope they did... but obviously they haven't done that.

In this situation, Milliner is gone before #12, and I chose Eifert over Rhodes at #12. Rhodes and Trufant are assumed to be gone by Miami's pick at #42. The next batch of corners on my board had a lower grade than Eric Reid, who I have as the top safety in the draft, and assumed to be available with Miami's selection at #42.

I despise the idea of passing up better talent for need. I couldn't in good conscience, pass up the #1 safety on my board for the #4 or #5 cornerback on my board at the top of the 2nd round. Particularly when I feel like I can choose from the same talent pool at corner in the 55-75 range that I'd be picking from at #42.

I like Carradine at #12, or Lemonier at #42 if the route is a pass rusher. Although I'd be surprised if Lemonier made it out of the 1st round.

Back
Top Bottom