A rare Slimm mock draft | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

A rare Slimm mock draft

1. Xavier Rhodes / CB / Florida St.

2. Markus Wheaton / WR / Oregon St. -or- Stedman Bailey / WR / West Virginia

2. Ryan Swope / WR / Texas A&M

3. Bacarri Rambo / S / Georgia -or- Phillip Thomas / S / Fresno St.

3. Leon McFadden / CB / San Diego St.

4. Joe Fauria / TE / UCLA

5. Lavar Edwards / DE / LSU

7. J.C. Tretter / OG / Cornell

7. Jeff Nady / OT / Nevada

Another route that's a little different although accomplishes much of the same.

Last edited by a moderator:
Slimm, I'd be really happy with any of your draft scenarios. I like this most recent one as much as any - maybe my favorite.

But the best part of this entire thread for me:

I'm a firm believer that if you don't come away with the pick that addressed... Talent>Positional Value>Value>Need, in that exact order... then you didn't succeed in your selection.

Never seen it put so succinctly.

Slimm, I'd be really happy with any of your draft scenarios. I like this most recent one as much as any - maybe my favorite.

But the best part of this entire thread for me:

Never seen it put so succinctly.

The one in your sig is about as good as it gets. I think Zac Stacy is going to be an extremely productive, starting caliber back.. he has everything that I like in a running back. That's pretty solid all the way through from where I stand.... I have a late 2nd round grade on Thornton by the way.

The one in your sig is about as good as it gets. I think Zac Stacy is going to be an extremely productive, starting caliber back.. he has everything that I like in a running back. That's pretty solid all the way through from where I stand.... I have a late 2nd round grade on Thornton by the way.

Hey, thanks, Slimm. I really like Stacy. You mentioned him either at the start or right before the CFS, and I was really impressed with what I saw. Very powerful, quick in the hole. When people talk about smaller backs, they often throw out MJD. Stacy is one of the few guys who has actually had that MJD build. Not as explosive, but I think he'll get it done for a long time.

I'll be the first to admit that the Thornton pick isn't very realistic. I was having some fun, because he has my last name, and CK managed to snag him in that mock he was doing.

1. Xavier Rhodes / CB / Florida St.

2. Markus Wheaton / WR / Oregon St. -or- Stedman Bailey / WR / West Virginia

3. Bacarri Rambo / S / Georgia -or- Phillip Thomas / S / Fresno St.

3. Leon McFadden / CB / San Diego St.

4. Joe Fauria / TE / UCLA

5. Lavar Edwards / DE / LSU

7. Jeff Nady / OT / Nevada

Another route that's a little different although accomplishes much of the same.

This is my favorite of your drafts. I like Wheaton and Rambo as well..just prefer the other two on personal preference. I think X. Rhodes is a really good player and would love the pick. Especially with the rumors swirling we are after a TE in FA.

If Miami signs Jared Cook to go with Egnew, you're going to need a blocking expert at the position who's also a sneaky pass catcher... particularly when you get down close to the goaline. I think you can get the best in the business late with Michael Williams.

This one is a little more speed oriented. Green Bay liked what Randall Cobb brought in terms of agility, quickness, speed, toughness, and versatility. You get a lot of that plus some with Tavon Austin. Wallace is going to be your Greg Jennings, Austin is going to be your Randall Cobb, and Swope is going to be your Jordy Nelson.

Keeping with the speed on defense, David Amerson is going to be your Charles Woodson, except Amerson's move to safety is going to be immediate. You can match him up some in man-coverage as long you don't push it for prolonged exposure.

1. Tavon Austin / WR / West Virginia

2. Desmond Trufant / CB / Washington

3. David Amerson* / CB-S / N.C. State

3. Terron Armstead / OT / Arkansas Pine-Bluff

4. Lavar Edwards / DE / LSU

5. Mike James / RB / Miami

7. Michael Williams / TE / Alabama

I'll be honest: I like your approach Slimm. Every first round scenario you've made I'm okay with. I question Tavon at #12 at first, but if it's true that Wallace has signed, coupled with Hartline, then Austin at 12 I'm happy with. Trufant in the 2nd is great. Armstead is very much a 'high upside' guy. I think Amerson would do very well in the FS role. As you've said, he's questionable in man coverage, but there's no question he's a ballhawk. Fits him well, I'd think. Swope is just another threat coupled with the others.

In short: If Tannehill can't produce with Wallace, Tavon, Hartline, and Swope ... then he was the wrong pick. Simple.

I looked at your mock and checked out Nady. Looks to have some talent. Great call Slimm :up:

I'm not sold on Tavon Austin. Yes, I know he is fast; however, he is small and the last speed burner we drafted did not live up to expectations....Ted Ginn

I think with Hartline and Wallace locked up for a few years a receiver would be a waste of the 12th pick.

Slimm is going off of BPA though, so it makes sense why Austin is the pick.

If Cook is signed I can see the Tavon Austin fit. Definetly.

With Cook signed to the Rams and as it currently stands in FA, I guess we revert back to Tyler Eifert at 12 with Rhodes in the mix.

I'm not sold on Tavon Austin. Yes, I know he is fast; however, he is small and the last speed burner we drafted did not live up to expectations....Ted Ginn

What? Ginn is all top end and no acceleration or quickness or toughness. How does he compare to Austin?

1. (12) Cornellius Carradine / DE / Florida St. {6'4", 276}

2. (42) Eric Reid / S / LSU {6'1", 213}

2. (54) David Amerson* / CB / N.C. State {6'1", 205}

3. (77) D.J. Hayden / CB / Houston {5'11", 191}

3. (82) Jamie Collins / OLB / Southern Miss {6'3", 250}

4. (111) Luke Marquardt / OT / Azusa Pacific {6'7", 314}

5. (146) J.C. Tretter / OG / Cornell {6'3", 307}

5. (166) Mike James / RB / Miami {5'10", 223}

7. (217) Michael Mauti / ILB / Penn St. {6'2", 243}

7. (224) Jeff Nady / OT / Nevada {6'5", 303}

7. (250) Zach Sudfeld / TE / Nevada {6'7", 253}

If you can't win with that.... something's wrong.

Back
Top Bottom