A-Rod Makes More Than Marlins | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

A-Rod Makes More Than Marlins

Sorry, I wasn't clear... the "hard cap theory" would help with the fact that the teams spending rediculous amounts of money (such as Yanks, Mets, Bosox, Tigers) would potentially no longer be as dominant in the regular season and would therefore allow lower payroll teams a better chance which in turn would hopefully convince teams such as the Marlins to spend more money towards a more level playing field

Realistically I think the high spending teams are worse for baseball overall then the low spending Marlins

You can't be serious with that last line??? Please tell me your not serious.

That's not true, the heat have been among the best in attendance since Shaq came. Of course now the place is empty since they're pretty much tanking every game but when they were winning people were there.

The heat had problems drawing before Shaq and obviously no one is going to their games now.

The heat had problems drawing before Shaq and obviously no one is going to their games now.

Right, cuz before shaq got there they were pretty bad. It was among the best when he was there. It was also pretty good in the mid and late 90's when they were winning. They've also been top 5 in merchandise sales so i'm not concerned with the fanbase.

Right, cuz before shaq got there they were pretty bad. It was among the best when he was there. It was also pretty good in the mid and late 90's when they were winning. They've also been top 5 in merchandise sales so i'm not concerned with the fanbase.

I think you guys went to the 2nd rd the year before you got Shaq and Miami was a good regular season team from the mid 90s through around 2000 and the heat struggled to sell out during those playoff years. The attenadance has been good since about a year or 2 pre-Shaq up until the Shaq trade but overall attenadance hasn't been great. This is nothing personal but as far as attending sporting events Miami is not a good sports town.

I think you guys went to the 2nd rd the year before you got Shaq and Miami was a good regular season team from the mid 90s through around 2000 and the heat struggled to sell out during those playoff years. The attenadance has been good since about a year or 2 pre-Shaq up until the Shaq trade but overall attenadance hasn't been great. This is nothing personal but as far as attending sporting events Miami is not a good sports town.

Only Atlanta is worse

No offense but the Miami area is a bad sports town. Maybe for a year or 2 the new Stadium will attract some fans but it will be a ghost town w/in 3 years and eventually the marlins will have to move. I know Joe Robbie was not a good baseball Stadium but that's no excuse for the tiny crowds they have been getting over the years.
sounds like typical NY BS to me...do the heat have a problem drawing crowds when actually have a roster of real nba players? nope...do the panthers have a problem drawing? nope...do the dolphins? nope...will the marlins have a problem drawing in a new stadium with guys like hanley and maybin and etc. entering their prime? nope

He will move them to Nashville, Charlotte, or Portland!

And the city of Miami and the taxpayers will be stuck with a baseball stadium nobody will use but they will be paying for for years to come.
LOLZ...well there goes any credibility you had on the topic

sounds like typical NY BS to me...do the heat have a problem drawing crowds when actually have a roster of real nba players? nope...do the panthers have a problem drawing? nope...do the dolphins? nope...will the marlins have a problem drawing in a new stadium with guys like hanley and maybin and etc. entering their prime? nope

The 2000 Dolphins-Ravens playoff game was blacked out in Miami.

If you can't sell out an NFL playoff game this day in age.......then your a bad sports town!!

Typical NY BS? yes the heat have had problems darwing fans even when they were good. They drew well the past few years but they were known for empty seats in the late 90s. The Panthers this yera are 24th of 30 teams and they have the lowest % of seats filled of any team in the league. The dolphins had a playoof game blacked out in 2000, the Canes are always playing inf ront of empty seats in the tiny Orange Bowl(just imagine what that will look like at Joe Robbie), the marlins have played games in front of HUNDREDS of people. It's embarrassing.

If you think a new Stadium will cure the Marlins attendance problems long term you are kidding yourself. Short term maybe but people just don't care about the marlins down there.

did they have a hard time drawing when zo was a perenial all-star and timmy hardaway was their PG...nope

Yep, they had a small Miami Arena and still couldn't sell out on a regular basis.

actually yes to every single one of those..all have had good teams and still couldnt sell out games

actually yes to every single one of those..all have had good teams and still couldnt sell out games
didnt the heat have a consecutive sell out streak which was over a year long recently? like a couple games pre shaq and then well into the shaq time here...and the panthers have been dreadful for years...so among teams with our recent hockey success...id bet we are about league average in attendence with them...

i cant speak to what happened with the dolphins as they have long had a well established fan base which is why they were chosen to go to london this past year...

but the main thing with the marlins is you need to have time to establish a fan base...especially when considering how many god awful mets, red sox, yankees and cubs fans live in the south florida area...now once they all die off in a few years(damn snow birds)...the marlins, along with a new stadium, with a retractable roof which will guarentee baseball everyday, and being in the actual city of miami will help greatly

but the main thing with the marlins is you need to have time to establish a fan base...especially when considering how many god awful mets, red sox, yankees and cubs fans live in the south florida area...now once they all die off in a few years(damn snow birds)...the marlins, along with a new stadium, with a retractable roof which will guarentee baseball everyday, and being in the actual city of miami will help greatly

15 years is not enough? The Marlins have been around almost 2 decades and they have 2 Championships which is as many as the Sox and Mets combined. Baseball just doesn't seem to work down there.

Back
Top Bottom