A-Rod Makes More Than Marlins | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

A-Rod Makes More Than Marlins

15 years is not enough? The Marlins have been around almost 2 decades and they have 2 Championships which is as many as the Sox and Mets combined. Baseball just doesn't seem to work down there.

The Fish have plenty of fans. The ratings for TV and radio are very good. The problem is that no one goes out to the games. I think a new ballpark will help.

The Fish have plenty of fans. The ratings for TV and radio are very good. The problem is that no one goes out to the games. I think a new ballpark will help.

It's hard to convince people the Marlins have plenty of fans when at times they draw hundreds of fans to games. Do you have a link to radio and TV ratings for Marlins games?

didnt the heat have a consecutive sell out streak which was over a year long recently? like a couple games pre shaq and then well into the shaq time here...and the panthers have been dreadful for years...so among teams with our recent hockey success...id bet we are about league average in attendence with them...

i cant speak to what happened with the dolphins as they have long had a well established fan base which is why they were chosen to go to london this past year...

but the main thing with the marlins is you need to have time to establish a fan base...especially when considering how many god awful mets, red sox, yankees and cubs fans live in the south florida area...now once they all die off in a few years(damn snow birds)...the marlins, along with a new stadium, with a retractable roof which will guarentee baseball everyday, and being in the actual city of miami will help greatly

Anywhere you go there are a ton of Mets, Yanks, BoSox, and Cubs fans. Betting on people dying to create a fanbase seems strange to me. Now I do believe that the Marlins selling off players may influence the fanbase. Though the fans don't go to the game anyways.

I'm just waiting for Hanley Ramirez to become too expensive so that maybe the best player in baseball won't be hidden.

15 years is not enough? The Marlins have been around almost 2 decades and they have 2 Championships which is as many as the Sox and Mets combined. Baseball just doesn't seem to work down there.
no...its not nearly enough for OUR situation...miami is a different sports city than most others, most of the big time sports fans in miami were born elsewhere and root for someone else...and that will take time to change

step 1. getting a new stadium
step 2. securing the stability of the franchise
step 3. keeping the team competitive
step 4. watch the fans and the dough come rollin in

Anywhere you go there are a ton of Mets, Yanks, BoSox, and Cubs fans. Betting on people dying to create a fanbase seems strange to me. Now I do believe that the Marlins selling off players may influence the fanbase. Though the fans don't go to the game anyways.

I'm just waiting for Hanley Ramirez to become too expensive so that maybe the best player in baseball won't be hidden.
is dwayne wade hidden? the city of miami has nothing to do with this...the marlins are going to turn into a mid level salary team and a good portion of that will be hanley's contract

how does a "new" stadium fix everything? Seriously. THey have built new stadiums in recent years in Pittsburgh, Washington,...etc and those teams still don't draw fly's let alone fans.

People in Miami don't care about baseball. Build a new stadium, for a month it will be the "hot new in-thing". Then people will stop going to that as well in time and they will be back where they are now.

how does a "new" stadium fix everything? Seriously. THey have built new stadiums in recent years in Pittsburgh, Washington,...etc and those teams still don't draw fly's let alone fans.

People in Miami don't care about baseball. Build a new stadium, for a month it will be the "hot new in-thing". Then people will stop going to that as well in time and they will be back where they are now.

Pittsburgh also hasn't made the playoffs in like 15 years and the stadium in Washington is only a few games old.

is dwayne wade hidden? the city of miami has nothing to do with this...the marlins are going to turn into a mid level salary team and a good portion of that will be hanley's contract

I don't think the Marlins will be able to afford Ramirez. Even if they're a mid-level team it'd be better for them to trade him similar to what the Twinkies did with Santana.

Being the laughing stock of MLB because nobody shows up to games doesn't concern people? A new stadium will be a commodity but winning a World Series didn't even result into much higher attendance. Just looking at some numbers the Rays don't draw either.

Pittsburgh also hasn't made the playoffs in like 15 years and the stadium in Washington is only a few games old.

And get the MLB EXTRA INNINGS package. The Nationals play in an empty stadium now. That stadium is nice, but hasn't changed anything. People don't go to the games.

Pittsburgh sucks but so does the Marlins. Which is my point exactly, the Marlins and a crappy team will play in an empty stadium. The fans will show up for a month......then that's it. Same ole song and dance

Washington draws 2.7 mil fans and according to forbes is the most profitable franchise in the MLB. Not to mention a growth rate of 40% a year since they built the new stadium. So "new" stadiums don't fix anything do they?

I don't think the Marlins will be able to afford Ramirez. Even if they're a mid-level team it'd be better for them to trade him similar to what the Twinkies did with Santana.

Being the laughing stock of MLB because nobody shows up to games doesn't concern people? A new stadium will be a commodity but winning a World Series didn't even result into much higher attendance. Just looking at some numbers the Rays don't draw either.

We can move Jeter to LF and have a nice spot open for Hanley in a few years at SS! I would even part with Alan Horne for him.

They are THE laughingstock of MLB not because fans don't show up. If they spent money and fans didn't show, ok...no biggie. Join the club. But they think they can get away with not spending any money. MLB doesn't need a Salary Cap. It needs a SALARY FLOOR. If your not spending at least $40 mill on a payroll.....then throw a penalty at them!!!!!!! A harsh penalty!!!!!! Watch the sport grow and improve. Hurting the teams at the top doesn't make the league better. BOOSTING THE TEAMS AT THE BOTTOM DOES!!!!!

We can move Jeter to LF and have a nice spot open for Hanley in a few years at SS! I would even part with Alan Horne for him.

They are THE laughingstock of MLB not because fans don't show up. If they spent money and fans didn't show, ok...no biggie. Join the club. But they think they can get away with not spending any money. MLB doesn't need a Salary Cap. It needs a SALARY FLOOR. If your not spending at least $40 mill on a payroll.....then throw a penalty at them!!!!!!! A harsh penalty!!!!!! Watch the sport grow and improve. Hurting the teams at the top doesn't make the league better. BOOSTING THE TEAMS AT THE BOTTOM DOES!!!!!

I would put it at around 60 mil because if i'm not mistaken atleast 30 mil comes from revenue sharing and whatnot and another 30 from the tv deal. It's all the teams that spend money fault because they've got owners who want to win. Rather than the owners who want to pocket the cash. The Yankees and Red Sox get bs about spending money. Though don't all fans want to root for an owner who is committed to winning? Isn't that the point of the game? Not to throw out a triple A team?

And get the MLB EXTRA INNINGS package. The Nationals play in an empty stadium now. That stadium is nice, but hasn't changed anything. People don't go to the games.

Pittsburgh sucks but so does the Marlins. Which is my point exactly, the Marlins and a crappy team will play in an empty stadium. The fans will show up for a month......then that's it. Same ole song and dance

The Marlins are playing well. 12-7 right now.

Washington averages over 28,000 a game per ESPN.
http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/attendance

Washington draws 2.7 mil fans and according to forbes is the most profitable franchise in the MLB. Not to mention a growth rate of 40% a year since they built the new stadium. So "new" stadiums don't fix anything do they?

They have only played a handful of games so how do we know the impact of the new Stadium yet?

Back
Top Bottom