A Three Back Attack | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

A Three Back Attack

Are you absolutely sure of that? Tua looks visibly leaner and reports suggest that he has focused more on improving his athleticism, this offseason. I expect him to run on some occasions when least expected.
I hope not. I don’t want Tua running ever!

Disagree 100%

Tua has great escapability prowess, so getting his body as quick and as fast as possible will enhance his ability to scramble or make a play with his legs, it became painfully obvious why that part of his game has been shut down.

Last edited:
A competent statistical analysis says otherwise.

Don't let reality stop the false narrative, though.

Does that mean one that you like? - LOL

Isn't "An incompetent statistical analysis" a contradiction in terms, or at the very least a misuse of the words "statistical analysis"? - LOL

I'm certainly "on point" today. - LOL
It must be due to eating so many "cashews". - LOL

Isn't "An incompetent statistical analysis" a contradiction in terms, or at the very least a misuse of the words "statistical analysis"? - LOL

I'm going to disagree here.

One can analyze something and come to an incorrect conclusion, particularly if they have a predetermined desired outcome.

In this case, we are talking about very simple stats, rather than some advanced and weighted compilation of multiple data points.

It's very simple here. If someone says "we didn't run the ball", the fact that we were #6 in yards, #1 in yards per, and in the top half of the league in attempts shows that claim, on its face, to be incorrect.

Now add to that, we had, inarguably, one of the most prolific passing attacks as well, just exactly how much different of a run/pass ratio even makes sense?

Why is an incompetent statistical analysis a contradiction?

We have all kinds of data geeks at work who clearly demonstrate too often that this is not the case.

Anyways, yeah we run it. But most would agree we wish we could/ would run it more on short yardage situations.

in order to be able to use all those weapons, we'll need to sustain drives......this offense has been a strike quick offense or not at all so we haven’t ran enough plays on offense for everyone to get enough snaps/touches......if we run the ball more and do well, then you'll have enough snaps for the different players but if all Mike wants to do is go deep on every down then it'd be a waste having all those weapons.

We need to spread the football around and we have to run the ball.

Tua running a few times a game, when it's there, and the LBers drop way back in a Tampa 2 type zone, is a must. Take advantage of what the defense is giving you. With Tua shedding some heft, running up field for 4 yards and a slide, will keep the LBers honest, and will allow our spacing to work.

in order to be able to use all those weapons, we'll need to sustain drives......this offense has been a strike quick offense or not at all so we haven’t ran enough plays on offense for everyone to get enough snaps/touches......if we run the ball more and do well, then you'll have enough snaps for the different players but if all Mike wants to do is go deep on every down then it'd be a waste having all those weapons.

We need to spread the football around and we have to run the ball.
What? Deep on every down lol.
The moment Williams went down our offense changed for the worse. In came Eich and the rest is history.

Prior to that we were running and passing at will. Ok I generalize a little but it was awesome to watch. Then Achane got hurt, armstead in and out, Mostert banged and God knows who else we had on the Oline, it's no wonder we grinded down offensively as the year went on. Our Oline was decimated.

Ps. The last drive against Dallas was textbook balance. Awesome drive when it counted.

Tua has great escapability prowess, so getting his body as quick and as fast as possible will enhance his ability to scramble or make a play with his legs, it became painfully obvious why that part of his game has been shut dow.
Without the threat of getting yards with the legs, a QB is more of a sitting duck. I don't want him trying to truck defenders, just get a few and sliiiiide baby sliiiiide.

Back
Top Bottom