A Three Back Attack | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

A Three Back Attack

Could also blow up in our face and turn into a fumble 😆 that’s showbiz baby
Why.... You actually enjoy making someone else feel bad? Every time somebody tries to be optimistic 7-8 you guys always happen to Pile on like a bunch of playground bullies. My mother used to say, "if you don't have anything nice to say don't say anything at all".

Here is a piece that agrees with my take... Wright may be RB1 by the end of this season.

Well he kinda should be, IMO. He's Moesterts replacement. Moestert is the RB1.

I dont look at Achane as a Rb1, due to his size and injury history. Maybe he's bulked up like the reports say and I'll look at him totally different in 2024.

Well he kinda should be, IMO. He's Moesterts replacement. Moestert is the RB1.

I dont look at Achane as a Rb1, due to his size and injury history. Maybe he's bulked up like the reports say and I'll look at him totally different in 2024.
Last year, when we drafted Achane, I immediately said that he was Mostert's replacement in the speed-back 1B spot, and that we lacked a true 1A back.

True... Mostert had his best season... but he still broke down late, and is going to be 32 years old.

All through the offseason, I predicted we'd draft a RB for those exact reasons... argued with a lot of the brothers here.

I'm going to stand on what I've argued before... Mostert and Achane are complementary backs... but not backs that complement one another. They have the same skill-set.

Wright is exactly the type of back I've been begging for... so obviously... with my luck, he'll bust, get arrested, and I'll never live this down... but he's my guy.

Last year, when we drafted Achane, I immediately said that he was Mostert's replacement in the speed-back 1B spot, and that we lacked a true 1A back.

True... Mostert had his best season... but he still broke down late, and is going to be 32 years old.

All through the offseason, I predicted we'd draft a RB for those exact reasons... argued with a lot of the brothers here.

I'm going to stand on what I've argued before... Mostert and Achane are complementary backs... but not backs that complement one another. They have the same skill-set.

Wright is exactly the type of back I've been begging for... so obviously... with my luck, he'll bust, get arrested, and I'll never live this down... but he's my guy.
That's awesome, kinda like my guy but at WR Malik Washington.

We're you high on Wright before the draft too?

I figured we would take a RB with a late round pick. Getting Wright in the 3rd round out of no where really made our draft go from a "B/B+" to "B+/A-" in my mind.

That's awesome, kinda like my guy but at WR Malik Washington.

We're you high on Wright before the draft too?

I figured we would take a RB with a late round pick. Getting Wright in the 3rd round out of no where really made our draft go from a "B/B+" to "B+/A-" in my mind.
I was... but honestly, there were several guys that I liked.
I mostly focused on guys who would slip into the 5th round because I didn't dream Wright would fall so far. I thought that he would be second or third RB off the board... when he started to fall, I got my hopes up and the night before, I predicted that we'd trade up for a RB... I never dreamed that we'd get Wright.

...and you mentioned Washington.

The amusing think for me is that we got him for Dan Feeney.

We signed him as a street free agent, then flipped him at the end of camp for the 6th rounder we spent on Malik.

Funny how that works sometimes.

I was... but honestly, there were several guys that I liked.
I mostly focused on guys who would slip into the 5th round because I didn't dream Wright would fall so far. I thought that he would be second or third RB off the board... when he started to fall, I got my hopes up and the night before, I predicted that we'd trade up for a RB... I never dreamed that we'd get Wright.
That's awesome. I had a similar thing happen with Washington, I had fallen in love with his film and when he was on the board going into round 4, I told my friend; if I had a Post-it note like the Draft Day movie, it would read..... "Malik Washington No Matter What"

Then we passed on him in the 5th and I got sad..... pissed off a little, but I'm used to it, I always have late round guys I want really bad that we don't draft.

But then, in the 6th round he was still there and I was like, "wouldn't it be nice, if just one time we took My Guy?" and then we DID!!!! And to see McDaniels reaction and Grier saying that Coach was annoying the hell out of him, to draft Malik.

It was ****ing awesome. I was screaming, some poo probabaly came out and I've been smiling ever since.

So, Here's to "Our Guys" being a big part of the Future @Feverdream !!!

Wedding Crashers Movie GIF by filmeditor

Like many have posted unless you have a threat at QB to run the ball then a non-starter at the NFL level.

Hell even if you did have QB capable runner would you really want to expose them to that?

I'm going to disagree here.

One can analyze something and come to an incorrect conclusion, particularly if they have a predetermined desired outcome.

In this case, we are talking about very simple stats, rather than some advanced and weighted compilation of multiple data points.

It's very simple here. If someone says "we didn't run the ball", the fact that we were #6 in yards, #1 in yards per, and in the top half of the league in attempts shows that claim, on its face, to be incorrect.

Now add to that, we had, inarguably, one of the most prolific passing attacks as well, just exactly how much different of a run/pass ratio even makes sense?

Someone is VERY confused about statistics and conclusions.

Fact Given: "...we were #6 in yards per (carry)" blah blah blah shows "on its face, that claim (we didn't run the ball(enough)), to be incorrect".
That would only be true if we ran the ball a lot. Yards per carry would be the wrong statistic to prove otherwise.

Just to say we were in the top half of the league in attempts is too vague to be meaningful. That could just as easily mean in the middle third, which would mean there is room for improvement.

Posters need to use a meaningfully associated statistic to make their points, otherwise the only point made is the posters lack of knowledge about how to use statistics to support or disprove an analysis.

Last edited:
Why.... You actually enjoy making someone else feel bad? Every time somebody tries to be optimistic 7-8 you guys always happen to Pile on like a bunch of playground bullies. My mother used to say, "if you don't have anything nice to say don't say anything at all".
He was replying to my previous positive post and I made a follow up joke that several people liked - maybe you’re just too sensitive to be on the internet

Why is an incompetent statistical analysis a contradiction?

We have all kinds of data geeks at work who clearly demonstrate too often that this is not the case.

Anyways, yeah we run it. But most would agree we wish we could/ would run it more on short yardage situations.
Only if the generation of an analysis is flawed can it be considered incompetent.

It can be the wrong analysis to use to prove a point, but that does not make the analysis incompetent, only the person misusing it would be incompetent.

Miss-representation of technical personnel as "geeks" is prejudicial and typically used by those of us who are jealous of their skillset because it's a skill those "whiners" have no mastery of.

To support the claim for the argument for "running more", you need to use a meaningful statistical analysis, such as "the number of attempts to run per game league rating, like 1st, 5th or 32nd". Then you could take advantage of a combination of several, narrower statistical analyses to back up some limited points within your original claim. Then a narrower analysis like "yards per run" could be useful, having some meaningful context.

Always glad to help add some required insight. - LOL

Back
Top Bottom