A Three Back Attack | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

A Three Back Attack

in order to be able to use all those weapons, we'll need to sustain drives......this offense has been a strike quick offense or not at all so we haven’t ran enough plays on offense for everyone to get enough snaps/touches......if we run the ball more and do well, then you'll have enough snaps for the different players but if all Mike wants to do is go deep on every down then it'd be a waste having all those weapons.

We need to spread the football around and we have to run the ball.
Sustaining drives is paramount. Too many 3 and outs absolutely kill chances of winning for several reasons.

It’s nowhere near enough for the talent we have in the backfield
So what's your ideal run/pass ratio?

Talent in the backfield is fine, but we have some pretty damn good receivers, too.

I'm sorry, but it seems you are generalizing because of your basic philosophy, more than anything else.

When's the last time a run heavy/oriented team won a championship?

I think you have to go back to the Lynch era Seahawks, and it only worked then due to a very, very good defense.

The coolest running play I saw us run all season last year was against the broncos near the goal line. Tua spun and handed it underneath to someone (forgot who), but I remember thinking that we were having our way with them. “Why would we run this super secret awesome play right now?”

But I never saw them run it again lol

This play sort of reminded me of that one.

Exactly; you don’t think about it at the time, but possessions are finite and precious.
the art of managing the game

When there are no Qb sneaks or no easy first downs from the Qb with his legs it minimizes the offense a little

worst team in the league on 3rd and 4th and short 1-2 yards

Tua could help this stat a lot as well

Would be interested to see stats on that.

This defines short yardage as 3 or less and while we were definitely not good … not the worst team in the league

Pretty similar to KC on 3rd and 4th downs but definitely one of the worst playoff teams by this metric

Would be interested to see stats on that.

This defines short yardage as 3 or less and while we were definitely not good … not the worst team in the league

Pretty similar to KC on 3rd and 4th downs but definitely one of the worst playoff teams by this metric

My statement was based in 1-2 yards.

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-rookie...cant-workload-in-a-crowded-dolphins-backfield

Good read about our new rookie as well

Are you absolutely sure of that? Tua looks visibly leaner and reports suggest that he has focused more on improving his athleticism, this offseason. I expect him to run on some occasions when least expected.
You want him to run???? White be our starter then.

So what's your ideal run/pass ratio?

Talent in the backfield is fine, but we have some pretty damn good receivers, too.

I'm sorry, but it seems you are generalizing because of your basic philosophy, more than anything else.

When's the last time a run heavy/oriented team won a championship?

I think you have to go back to the Lynch era Seahawks, and it only worked then due to a very, very good defense.
We have two good WRs
That’s it and we only threw mostly to Hill

Let’s see with this new crop and if someone can step up into the 3rd slot
But doesn’t matter unless we spread it and we haven’t don’t that

Just because a run heavy team hasn’t won in awhile doesn’t mean it can’t go back to it. It wins football games. The league itself changed its mindset to pass happy with all these new coaches. But running the ball and strong defenses can still be the best way at any time in this league. But right now we just don’t have the coach to go in that direction.

Back
Top Bottom