A year to get a WR | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

A year to get a WR

Hagan will be Booker's replacement eventually, solid possession WR.

We need a speedster to stretch the field if anything at WR.

Maybe Andre Caldwell next year? :D

Hagan will be Booker's replacement eventually, solid possession WR.

We need a speedster to stretch the field if anything at WR.

Maybe Andre Caldwell next year? :D

David Harvey in 2009. :wink:

Don't have his combine numbers but hagan was rated at the top until the senior bowl i believe.

http://www.dallascowboyfansunited.com/forums/showthread.php?t=25340

His Senior bowl and first year has me hoping he can show the brilliance he flashed in our 2nd to last game.

I doubt he was rated ahead of Holmes prior to the senior bowl. it may have been close, but I'm pretty sure everyone had Holmes ahead of Hagan. That said, he wasn't supposed to be there in the 3rd. but Hagan is a big bodied possession reciever, who can use his body to shield the ball from defenders. While he can get good speration, he is not a deep threat. He is just like Booker. He can be a very good player. May even reach a pro bowl one day, but will never be considered an elite WR IMO.

I am content with the WR's we have now

Not trying to blast your opinion or anything but why? Chambers has had one good season out of like 5. There's always the excuse about him not having the QB or the OC change everyyear but honestly playmakes make plays regardless of the offense. Randy Moss is the only person i can really think of that has an excuse because Oakland is that bad and even then he dosen't really try as hard as he should. Chambers has been in some decent to mediocre offenses but none as bad as Oakland. Booker is getting older and will probably start to decline pretty soon. Welker is a playmaker as a 3rd and Hagan while has shown some skills drops passes more often than not. I think the WR core needs some major work.

Not trying to blast your opinion or anything but why? Chambers has had one good season out of like 5. There's always the excuse about him not having the QB or the OC change everyyear but honestly playmakes make plays regardless of the offense. Randy Moss is the only person i can really think of that has an excuse because Oakland is that bad and even then he dosen't really try as hard as he should. Chambers has been in some decent to mediocre offenses but none as bad as Oakland. Booker is getting older and will probably start to decline pretty soon. Welker is a playmaker as a 3rd and Hagan while has shown some skills drops passes more often than not. I think the WR core needs some major work.

Actually, I'd say Chambers has had 2 great seasons (rookie and pro bowl), 3 good seasons, and one average(read mediocre) season.

Actually, I'd say Chambers has had 2 great seasons (rookie and pro bowl), 3 good seasons, and one average(read mediocre) season.

Alright before the end of last season how many times did you really see Chambers take over a game? I can think of the Dallas game on Thanksgiving but that's about it. I'm not saying it's all his fault but for a #1 WR he has not produced as one should.

Alright before the end of last season how many times did you really see Chambers take over a game? I can think of the Dallas game on Thanksgiving but that's about it. I'm not saying it's all his fault but for a #1 WR he has not produced as one should.
We don't need a WR to take over a game. We need a QB and a RB to take over games.

Who was the last team before the Colts to win the bowl with elite receivers? I wouldn't consider Hines Ward elite either. And the colts won the bown but with how much contribution from Wayne and Harrison?

We don't need a WR to take over a game. We need a QB and a RB to take over games.

Who was the last team before the Colts to win the bowl with elite receivers? I wouldn't consider Hines Ward elite either. And the colts won the bown but with how much contribution from Wayne and Harrison?

The Rams with Issac Bruce and Tori Holt. Marvin Harrison and Reggie Wayne are a big part of the reason they got there in the first place. You think that Deion Branch and David Givens wouldn't have made a difference in the AFC Championship game? IMO you need a guy who can make thing happen regardless of him being doubled or not. That type of receiver frees things up for everybody else. Marvin and Reggie basically kept the Bears defense back to open things up the middle and in the flats for Addai.

Select dominating games alone do not determine how good a season you have.

The Rams with Issac Bruce and Tori Holt. Marvin Harrison and Reggie Wayne are a big part of the reason they got there in the first place. You think that Deion Branch and David Givens wouldn't have made a difference in the AFC Championship game? IMO you need a guy who can make thing happen regardless of him being doubled or not. That type of receiver frees things up for everybody else. Marvin and Reggie basically kept the Bears defense back to open things up the middle and in the flats for Addai.

lol, it's so funny you say the bolded statement, yet go on to name pairs of recievers.

They may not have played HUGE games, but the fact is they were there and the defence knew what they are capable of. They therefore had to keep them in mind which allowed the Colts running game to open up.

WR dont have to win every game for you, they sometimes just need to be there to keep the D in two minds.

i think i burner would be nice if hagan can replace booker which is yet to be determined...i like sidney rice and meachem in the second but idk if they are what you call a "burner"....i want a WR in the second round if we dont draft a OLB there..so hopefully we fill that need via FA

Back
Top Bottom