A year to get a WR | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

A year to get a WR

lol, it's so funny you say the bolded statement, yet go on to name pairs of recievers.

I started to name paris because you asked me what the last team with a pair of start receivers was to win a Super Bowl. The Colts are extremely lucky to have two receivers that are capable of being a #1. If you put Reggie Wayne on any other team he's got a shot at being a pretty good number 1. Same thing with the previous tandems i mentioned. All i'm saying is that IMO our receiving core needs some more talent and a #1 type receiver.

Select dominating games alone do not determine how good a season you have.

I picked that particular game because it was one of the only times that cam to mind i can remember him taking over a game before the 06' season. He may have some solid seasons but nothing to make you think he was an elite WR.

I picked that particular game because it was one of the only times that cam to mind i can remember him taking over a game before the 06' season. He may have some solid seasons but nothing to make you think he was an elite WR.

I agree, I never said he was elite. I don't think he is elite, but I think he is a #1.

I started to name paris because you asked me what the last team with a pair of start receivers was to win a Super Bowl. The Colts are extremely lucky to have two receivers that are capable of being a #1. If you put Reggie Wayne on any other team he's got a shot at being a pretty good number 1. Same thing with the previous tandems i mentioned. All i'm saying is that IMO our receiving core needs some more talent and a #1 type receiver.

I never asked that.

Edit: I see someone did though.

Not trying to blast your opinion or anything but why? Chambers has had one good season out of like 5. There's always the excuse about him not having the QB or the OC change everyyear but honestly playmakes make plays regardless of the offense. Randy Moss is the only person i can really think of that has an excuse because Oakland is that bad and even then he dosen't really try as hard as he should. Chambers has been in some decent to mediocre offenses but none as bad as Oakland. Booker is getting older and will probably start to decline pretty soon. Welker is a playmaker as a 3rd and Hagan while has shown some skills drops passes more often than not. I think the WR core needs some major work.

Just Think about how much crap Chris Chambers and Marty Booker go through every year with a new QB, a new coach, a new offence, every year its changing, my question to is....how can any WR be consistant with all that? they can never find a rhythm.

Who was the last team before the Colts to win the bowl with elite receivers? I wouldn't consider Hines Ward elite either.

And you would be dead wrong on that one. Hines Ward is a top notch, all around, complete NFL reciever and teammate.

Alright before the end of last season how many times did you really see Chambers take over a game? I can think of the Dallas game on Thanksgiving but that's about it.

So that 15 catch 238 yrd performance against the Bills doesnt count to you as taking over the game?

Even though the draft looks deep at wide receiver that does not mean any of them will pan out, it would be best to go the proven route and sign one in FA

Every year is a good year for Wide Receivers IMO.

Anyone who gets to play WR at the college level is usually very athletic. They you figure there are 100+ teams and at least 2 WR on the field at a time for each and you're bound to have some good ones every year if you can find it.

This year does seem to be more stacked at the top as far as WR go though. Must be something in the water.

Every year is a good year for Wide Receivers IMO.

Anyone who gets to play WR at the college level is usually very athletic. They you figure there are 100+ teams and at least 2 WR on the field at a time for each and you're bound to have some good ones every year if you can find it.

This year does seem to be more stacked at the top as far as WR go though. Must be something in the water.

Not every year is a good year. Last year, draft-wise, was a very poor year for WRs.

Not every year is a good year. Last year, draft-wise, was a very poor year for WRs.

Just for an example look at Colston from last year's class. I think that was his point, that because of their tendency to be some of the best athletes on their teams that there are bound to be a decent number of solid WRs in nearly every draft.

Back
Top Bottom