Aaron green of tcu will remind so much of lamar miller | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Aaron green of tcu will remind so much of lamar miller

Highlight reels . . . :refuse:

We'll regret not re-signing Lamar Miller.

If you can land Jonathan Williams in the 3rd (where he's currently projected), I see that as the best bang for your buck at the RB position this year.

Yeah but does he go down when someone's pinky finger nail lightly brushes his leg?

Lamar cannot break a tackle - Lamar lovers need to get over it!

He improved from his UM days, but still it is not something he does well and he is not a natural receiver either.

Gotta credit his work ethic over the last two years tho.

But durability was my biggest worry with him. I am content with letting him walk at that price, but I do realize just like I worry about him being durable or not, he could become a top tier back and a guy we could regret not doing more to retain.

Is what it is.

If you can land Jonathan Williams in the 3rd (where he's currently projected), I see that as the best bang for your buck at the RB position this year.

Depends on whats selected in the first and second. I think at 13 has to be a corner. With the signing of kiko im not sure linebacker will be as high of a priority which can be good or bad depending if kiko can stay healthy. With our d ends as wake and williams and the one guy we signed thats younger was only signed for a one year deal, looks like a young d end should be one of our top 3 picks. I believe first two rounds need to be defense and in 3 and 4 you take the best available guard and rb available. Im perfectly okay with going into the season with ajayi and williams as long as the guard spot is fixed whether its through another free agent pick/cut or the draft.

Depends on whats selected in the first and second. I think at 13 has to be a corner. With the signing of kiko im not sure linebacker will be as high of a priority which can be good or bad depending if kiko can stay healthy. With our d ends as wake and williams and the one guy we signed thats younger was only signed for a one year deal, looks like a young d end should be one of our top 3 picks. I believe first two rounds need to be defense and in 3 and 4 you take the best available guard and rb available. Im perfectly okay with going into the season with ajayi and williams as long as the guard spot is fixed whether its through another free agent pick/cut or the draft.

Not a good draft for DE. After Bosa and Ogbah, I don't see much. Ogbah would have to be the pick at 13, because he won't be there in the 2nd.

Aaron Green was 10 pounds lighter than Miller in college and probably around .15 seconds slower in his 40 time. They are not the same player. Green played in the spread and his style is more that of a change of pace type back....very choppy, jitterbug type steps, lots of wiggle but not much else. He usually stops upon contact. I think he has average vision as well. He usually had big holes and would make a few nice cuts, but when a big hole wasn't immediately there, he didn't anticipate and slip through. He offers nothing in pass blocking.

Miller played out of a pro-set, showed better vision, had ridiculous burst and his style better translated to the pro game. He only fell in the draft because of lingering shoulder concerns that bothered him for several years.

IMO that 6th gear is vastly overrated. He got to flash it what? 2 times in 4 years of football. 64 games . . . Certainly nice to have, but its not the first thing I wanna see on a RB resume.

I do not put much into highlight videos so I am not putting this kid on Lamar's level, but just from a glance I tend to agree with another post on the Reggie Bush comparison . . . .definitely more Reggie than Lamar . . . If he can pass protect worth anything he will be on somebody's roster come September.

Exactly. Remember barry? He had no top gear but damn was he good. He got caught from behind so many times, if he had that top gear he would easily hold the record for most yards n a season.

You are advocating taking two RB in the draft with what the roster looks like? I can't see that happening.

Why not if there's value at running back in the late rounds? Running backs tend to drop more than most positions so you could find some players.

Exactly. Remember barry? He had no top gear but damn was he good. He got caught from behind so many times, if he had that top gear he would easily hold the record for most yards n a season.

You can't be talking about Barry Sanders. No top gear and caught from behind???? The only time I remember Barry getting caught was if he was tired from busting out another 200 yard game. GOAT

I am not a big Lamar Miller fan - here's why - guys like him because in meaningless games - or in meaningless moments in games he runs decent - he gets some big runs...

He does not wear out opposing defenses...

He does not smash people in the mouth....

He does not catch the ball well out the back so he creates no credible threat to help turn the lights out in the 4th quarter....

Honestly he's just good enough to be part of a team that stinks - 6 and 10 or 8 and 8...

And then he break something wide open in week 17 when the F...ing season is over and we out of the playoffs and again - and people want to talk about how he is a 1000 yard runner.

One game against NE Moreno F...ing ran that whole NE defense OVER!!! He single handedly won that game for us...

Lamar did not and CAN NOT do that so in my book he's a 3rd down scat back who does not catch well out of the backfield - and for a season or two sucked in picking up blitzes....

Congats on his 6.5 million dollar contract - honestly I am happy for him - and I am happier for me that he is gone...He's just good enough to be an 8 - 8 back!

He improved from his UM days, but still it is not something he does well and he is not a natural receiver either.

Gotta credit his work ethic over the last two years tho.

But durability was my biggest worry with him. I am content with letting him walk at that price, but I do realize just like I worry about him being durable or not, he could become a top tier back and a guy we could regret not doing more to retain.

Is what it is.

Why not if there's value at running back in the late rounds? Running backs tend to drop more than most positions so you could find some players.

Because not a fan of spending two draft picks on running backs- would be better off signing someone on late cuts for UFA for the second running back if need be.

He doesn't look bad but I really like devontae booker and cj prosise more then him ... both these guys may be around in round 3 or 4 and both r better nfl prospects then this guy... booker looks like an arian foster clone to me. Smooth runner with good hands .I would love him in the 3rd or cj I'm the 3rd or 4th

Probably a good reason not to draft him. Underwhelming productivity.

Probably a good reason not to draft him. Underwhelming productivity.

Are we really saying a back that over the past two seasons has rushed for 2,194 yards, 20 touchdowns and averaged over 6 yards per carry has "underwhelming productivity"?

Back
Top Bottom