Aaron green of tcu will remind so much of lamar miller | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Aaron green of tcu will remind so much of lamar miller

Because not a fan of spending two draft picks on running backs- would be better off signing someone on late cuts for UFA for the second running back if need be.

When it comes to the 5th, 6th and 7th rounds I say take the best player you can regardless of roster needs. If you see a running back that you think can contribute right now you take him over a linebacker you're not sure can beat out Hewitt or Vigil.

Why not if there's value at running back in the late rounds? Running backs tend to drop more than most positions so you could find some players.

Gase is suggesting a stable at RB. Why not sign someone like Cierre Wood and/or Chris Polk to 1 or 2 yr deal? Then, draft Keenan Reynolds (played QB at Navy) in 7th as a developmental player.

...we absolutely should NOT BE in the position needing to replace LaMarvelous Miller -- and hence blow a draft pick or 2 on a position we had already solved.

Losing Miller was an unforgivable mistake IMO. We could of afforded him easily. Beyond that, we totally dropped the ball not redoing his contact sooner.

Tannenbum sucks!

BNF.

Are we really saying a back that over the past two seasons has rushed for 2,194 yards, 20 touchdowns and averaged over 6 yards per carry has "underwhelming productivity"?

No I really just think we should shoot for a back much better than Lamar Miller. Lamar was aiight. That's about all. Nothing special. Can't we do better? I don't understand the love of Miller. He didn't do all that much. He sure had a lot of excuses for why but let's get a back that is good enough to overcome all the excuses.

Not a fan of Miller - was not worth 4 Million... Lets move on....

He was an average back on a bad team....

Can't catch - cannot run through a tackle - for two season could not pick up a blitzer -

Nice guy - I'm happy for him - lets all move on now - nothing to see here!!!!

...we absolutely should NOT BE in the position needing to replace LaMarvelous Miller -- and hence blow a draft pick or 2 on a position we had already solved.

Losing Miller was an unforgivable mistake IMO. We could of afforded him easily. Beyond that, we totally dropped the ball not redoing his contact sooner.

Tannenbum sucks!

BNF.

Not a fan of Miller - was not worth 4 Million... Lets move on....

He was an average back on a bad team....

Can't catch - cannot run through a tackle - for two season could not pick up a blitzer -

Nice guy - I'm happy for him - lets all move on now - nothing to see here!!!!

How could you possibly make 3 points and fail on all 3? Couldn't be more wrong but I'm guessing you're regurgitating and didn't really watch any games.

How could you possibly make 3 points and fail on all 3? Couldn't be more wrong but I'm guessing you're regurgitating and didn't really watch any games.

He's sensationalizing his thoughts on Miller, but he certainly isn't a natural pass catching back, he has always struggled with breaking tackles and he's not a guy that is noted for his ability to pass protect/pick up blitzes for his QB.

Now, just because we can pull up a highlight showing where he made a nice catch, where he broke a tackle or picked up a blitzer . . . doesn't change the fact that all three of those things are items he struggled with during his tenure as a Miami Dolphin and going back to his days at UM. Combine that with whispers about him dealing with nagging injuries constantly and never really being that definitive "dude" in the backfield over the last 7 years . . . I can see the hesitation of not wanting to make him the 7th highest paid RB in the NFL . . . a position that has been devalued and a position that rookies can have an immediate impact at 1/10th of the cost of what Miller got . . . just check last years class.

If letting Miller walk ends up being the "worst move" this front office makes this offseason . . . I'd have to think we did a pretty damn good job.

I do think since Knowshon Moreno entered his life, he has been on the uptick and it wouldn't surprise me to see him continue to get better, but my point stands . . . and we also do not know what Miami offered . . . last time we heard it was over 5 million per season and it was reported Lamar turned down a team at 7.5 per million. We do not know if it was us that didn't want Lamar or if Lamar didn't want us.

I like Aaron Gren alot. Where is he projected to go? Would be a solid Day 3 pick.

Thank you for your support. Miller fans are Homers. He's worth a 2 to 3 million dollar contract. He was an above average back in a passing league on a 6 and 10 team. He was not Czonka - he was not Terry Kirby - he was not Ricky Williams - He was not Delvin Williams - he was not Mercury Morris - he was not even Andre Franklin - he was what he was barely a 1000 yard back in a 16 game season where he racked up yards in meaningless games....

I wanted him to remain a Dolphin because he wanted to work with the team and take a very commensurate salary - 6million in a tax free state and show his allegiance to a growing thing - but he did what was right for him and his family - all that said - miller was just not that good of a back.

People want make him into something he wasn't - reliable when the going got tough! There he was houdini and vanished!

He's sensationalizing his thoughts on Miller, but he certainly isn't a natural pass catching back, he has always struggled with breaking tackles and he's not a guy that is noted for his ability to pass protect/pick up blitzes for his QB.

Now, just because we can pull up a highlight showing where he made a nice catch, where he broke a tackle or picked up a blitzer . . . doesn't change the fact that all three of those things are items he struggled with during his tenure as a Miami Dolphin and going back to his days at UM. Combine that with whispers about him dealing with nagging injuries constantly and never really being that definitive "dude" in the backfield over the last 7 years . . . I can see the hesitation of not wanting to make him the 7th highest paid RB in the NFL . . . a position that has been devalued and a position that rookies can have an immediate impact at 1/10th of the cost of what Miller got . . . just check last years class.

If letting Miller walk ends up being the "worst move" this front office makes this offseason . . . I'd have to think we did a pretty damn good job.

I do think since Knowshon Moreno entered his life, he has been on the uptick and it wouldn't surprise me to see him continue to get better, but my point stands . . . and we also do not know what Miami offered . . . last time we heard it was over 5 million per season and it was reported Lamar turned down a team at 7.5 per million. We do not know if it was us that didn't want Lamar or if Lamar didn't want us.

Miller doesn't have a 6th gear. He's all acceleration. Guys like Ted Ginn had the striding, top-end speed. Lamar has a better burst after a cut than what Green shows, but they both have that same great instant speed. Green looks a little shiftier.

I'll tell you as someone that has interacted with him: the guy wanted to stay in Miami if he could. During the draft he was so concerned about going somewhere else. His biggest relief after actually being drafted was that he got to stay in Miami. Lamar not wanting Miami was never part of the equation. It's certainly not why he's gone. The simple truth is that Houston gave him the best deal, so that's where he is. He would have loved to stay here, but with all of the injury concerns and the concussion fears swirling around the league, he just left it to his agent to secure the best deal possible.

Personally, I think that Houston not only provides him with that, but it's actually one of the best places he could have landed anyway. I think he'll now have the opportunity to make the most of his career.

where does that lamar miller doesn't break tackles come from he was top 3 in yards after contact 2 years in a row

---------- Post added at 02:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:50 PM ----------

which keeps him without that homerun hitting ability then

Do we have a link to your first point? That is pretty impressive if Miller finished top 3 two years in a row for YAC.

This is the only source I have found . . . Not sure how credible he is tho:

https://mobile.twitter.com/OmarKelly/status/661923075370414080?ref_src=twsrc^tfw

:lol:

Seriously tho, he has improvd from rookie to year four, no question about that.

Last edited by a moderator:
The player that reminds me of Miller in this draft is Kenyon Drake. Drake is a little lighter, but Miller doesn't really play like a 220 pound back anyway. I think both have 4.3 speed, but Drake might be a bit more elusive and has the better hands out of the back field. There are a few back I like more than Drake in the 2016 draft, but if the goal was purely to replace what we lost by losing Miller I would be more than happen with drafting Drake.

Back
Top Bottom