Aaron Rodgers scouting report | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Aaron Rodgers scouting report

maybe you can help me start searching for supporters and you could be my VP again

I would like Rodgers #1 or if we could get him lower and pickup extra picks that would be great.

We will have lots of issues to address come draft time.

http://warroom.sportingnews.com/nfl/draft/sample/2005/players/4951.html

Compared to:

http://warroom.sportingnews.com/nfl/draft/sample/2005/players/4952.html

In fact, I'd like to know where that scouting report on Rodgers came from, so we can see what the same source says about Leinart.

I have yet to see any reliable source that rates Rodgers as a better pro prospect than Leinart.

I really don't know what the overwhelming fascination with Rodgers is, except for the idea that most of you haven't actually watched these guys play.

Being in Central Cali., I get to watch them both almost every week. Rodgers is not an NFL QB. He's a great collegiate QB and there's a difference.

I also saw where Rodgers said he wasnt 6'3" he is more like 6'1 1/2. Dont remember where, but am sure I saw it.

Fins2: I think you saw it from this mystery scouting report that started this thread!

Rodgers is listed as 6'3 in this report, he's listed as 6'2 on Cal's OWN website (HA!), and most scouting reports have him listed at 6'1.

He's closer to 6'1 than he is to 6'3, that's for darn sure.

Trade down and get Barron and Benson.

That would be awesome.

I would love to trade down with the cowboys

If you put Carey and Barron on the same line with James and a better center, Gordon will look like Priest.

Look at teams like Denver and Pittsburgh... I might take a lashing for this but Plummer is not a good QB, Reuben Droughns is not a great RB, and their only WR with something left in the tank (Rod Smith has lost quite a few steps) is Ashley Lelie, who is like Randy Moss if Moss wore gloves coated in canola oil. Big Ben is good, but in Pitt it all starts with their OL.

I think when you guys (and me included, sometimes) watch the games you get caught up in what's happening and not why it's happening. When AJ gets time to throw, he makes MUCH better decisions. I don't know if you remember, but even Ricky was sub-3.8YPC with our o-line.

Get some monsters up front and the whole unit will come together.

RancidLunchmeat said:
Fins2: I think you saw it from this mystery scouting report that started this thread!

Rodgers is listed as 6'3 in this report, he's listed as 6'2 on Cal's OWN website (HA!), and most scouting reports have him listed at 6'1.

He's closer to 6'1 than he is to 6'3, that's for darn sure.

The "mystery" scouting report is from www.nfldraftcountdown.com

Leinhart is good and is listed above Rodgers on most boards, but i'm skeptical of him because of the great talent around him. Reggie Bush is the best player in college football, and it seems to me that while Leinhart has a nice touch, his arm isn't nearly as strong as Rodgers.

Roman529 said:
I believe Mel Kiper only has Rodgers and Leinart as worthy of going in the first two rounds. Any one of these "top" qb's scares me as being the next Ryan Leaf....I would trade down and maybe look to grab a QB in the 2nd or 3rd, assuming we draft down for a 2nd and maybe some other picks.
any qb can end up being the next ryan leaf, maybe eli or rivers will, just got to take a chance. this franchise aint going anywhere without a qb. if feeley ends up being good then thats even better. we can build tools around a qb this year and then draft a qb the year after and upgrade over feeley.

I've watched them both, and I'll tell you that Leinart's arm is stronger than Rodger's is. Neither of them have cannons. But Leinart has mastered something that Rodgers hasn't, and that's the touch pass. He does have nice touch. Rodgers doesn't. That doesnt mean Leinart can't put zip on the ball when he needs to. He can and does. It just means he doesn't throw it as hard as he can when he doesn't have to!

Reggie Bush is a rookie, and his running improper routes was one of the reasons that the USC/CAL game was so close. (His running proper routes was also the reason USC won the game, so you take the good with the bad).

Leinart "struggled" the first couple weeks of the season because his line had trouble protecting him because they were young, and his receivers were running the wrong routes and his running backs (White and Bush) couldn't figure out their blitz assignments.

Yet, despite all of that, Leinart has put up amazing statistics and has his team ranked #1.

The only knock anybody has on Leinart is "Not very athletic" Duh, he's a Prototypical Pocket Passer. He's not a statue and its not his job to run 70 yards for TDs. Those athletic comments are based upon this absurd idea that the McNabbs and Vicks of the world are somehow the next generation of NFL Qbs. They aren't. And won't be until somebody OTHER than pocket passers actually WIN SuperBowls! And then there's the "Product of the System" thing, which is just hysterical. Product of an NFL style system? Oh, the HORROR! If anybody should question "the system" it would be Rodgers and Tedford's ability to get QBs like Boller to play above their talent level and boost them in the NFL draft.

RancidLunchmeat said:
I've watched them both, and I'll tell you that Leinart's arm is stronger than Rodger's is. Neither of them have cannons. But Leinart has mastered something that Rodgers hasn't, and that's the touch pass. He does have nice touch. Rodgers doesn't. That doesnt mean Leinart can't put zip on the ball when he needs to. He can and does. It just means he doesn't throw it as hard as he can when he doesn't have to!
I've watched them both many times and I disagree. Rodgers has great touch on his passes. I agree that neither have cannons, but I think Rodgers' arm is a little stronger. Rodgers is more mobile as well. I also think Tedford's offense is more NFL-like than Norm Chow's.

LIQUID24 said:
I've watched them both many times and I disagree. Rodgers has great touch on his passes. I agree that neither have cannons, but I think Rodgers' arm is a little stronger. Rodgers is more mobile as well. I also think Tedford's offense is more NFL-like than Norm Chow's.
I agree...I've seen both quite a few times and Rodgers has a MUCH better arm than Leinart. Add in the mobility and the system and Rodgers will be the better pro the quickest!

Rogers arm is stronger.

I'd still looking forward to picking Alex Barron, although I'm not sure if he'd start immediately at LT. Good thing is he would be ready for the training camp rigours of Florida, but from the one game I actually followed him he looks like he could possibly start at LT. If we do that then we probably could stick with A.J. Feeley and maybe draft a QB in the third to develop if Trestman stays. At RB I'd say stick with Minor as your third-down back, Henry as your backup running back and sign maybe Lamont Jordan to compete with Gordon for the starting job.

Then again even after this you still have a question at DT.

Back
Top Bottom