Abramson: Source says Dolphins like Cyrus Kouandjio | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Abramson: Source says Dolphins like Cyrus Kouandjio

Zach Martin will be an okay RT, but an elite OG in the NFL.
I hate to be the draft for need guy, but at this point him or the UCLA guy would be a great fit. then we could grab a RT, LB and WR later

if we are stuck at 19, lets get a guy we can plug in from day one.

Zach Martin will be an okay RT, but an elite OG in the NFL.
He looks good but how can you tell with such confidence that he will be an elite Guard? You have obviously studied him closely, do you rate him as a better Guard than XSF? My hunch is that this is the sort of comparative evaluation that Hickey and team are wrestling with.

Tony Pauline just said that the Miami/Kouandjio report is false. Went as far to say the Dolphins have taken him out of consideration in the first round because of injuries.

Tony Pauline just said that the Miami/Kouandjio report is false. Went as far to say the Dolphins have taken him out of consideration in the first round because of injuries.
he just doused our too obvious "smokescreen"(that was getting us nowhere)

I hope anybody with injury concerns is off the radar. Last year we had so many injuries from rookies

Jackson mentions this and the Pauline comments today

### As we've noted, the Dolphins have told a couple of people that they like Notre Dame tackle Zack Martin and believe he's NFL ready. They also have told people they like Michigan's Taylor Lewan, who is projected to go higher than Miami's pick. (Everything uttered around this time of year obviously can be subterfuge, but these are people the Dolphins typically are honest with.)

Meanwhile, the Palm Beach Post reported last week that Miami prefers Alabama left tackle Cyrus Kouandjio to Martin and is considering him at No. 19, though draft analysts expect him to go significantly later than that.

Draftinsider.com's Tony Pauline addressed that in his blog today: "Contrary to recent published reports I’ve been informed Cyrus Kouandjio is not a first round target for Miami Dolphins general manager Dennis Hickey. In fact I was told the team won’t consider him in the first frame due to medical red-flags. It seems Zack Martin is the object of their desire but the team does not expect the Notre Dame product to be available when they are called to the clock in round one. Who then? Sources seem to think Hickey will attempt to trade down if the opportunity arises. If they are able to trade down Joel Bitonio, a name that keeps popping up in the late first/early second round area, is a player they like. The Dolphins did hold a private workout with Bitonio" --- on his Nevada campus.

Quick aside: Though the Dolphins haven't invited Bitonio to Davie (which does NOT indicate lack of interest), they like his skills and have studied him closely.

Read more here: http://miamiherald.typepad.com/spor...me-2-win-against-charlotte.html#storylink=cpy

I think we will have some nice choices at 50. let it fall in your lap.

3rd round tape + 7th round knees + 3rd round athleticism = Someone it sounds like we'd draft to botch our team. But I highly doubt we will make this mistake.

Remember this; What you hear 2 weeks before the draft, keep an eye on, a week before or the week of? Ignore

3rd round tape + 7th round knees + 3rd round athleticism = Someone it sounds like we'd draft to botch our team. But I highly doubt we will make this mistake.

Exaclty. I gave him a 3rd round grade back in October before the reports about his knees and his terrible performance at the combine

As far as Bitonio, I mentioned him in my thread" throw away your mock draft- it's gonna be a CRAZY first round" as a first round riser.. I heard he won't get past Carolina at #28

---------- Post added at 01:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:50 PM ----------

Remember this; What you hear 2 weeks before the draft, keep an eye on, a week before or the week of? Ignore

A good rule is "take everything with a grain of salt" most the time it's scouts/executives trying to push someone they like down, or someone they don't up

i sure hope they clean up all that head in the play with bitonio if he is our pick...concussions waiting to happen with how much his head is in the play...more about hand placement than anything...too wide at times

If Koundjio checks out, nothing wrong with that IMO but trading down would be the bomb.

Back
Top Bottom