Abramson: Source says Dolphins like Cyrus Kouandjio | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Abramson: Source says Dolphins like Cyrus Kouandjio

I would call for hickeys job that would be terrible

The Palm Beach Post reports the Dolphins are leaning towards drafting Alabama T Cyrus Kouandjio with the 19th overall pick in the draft.

Most mock drafts have Norte Dame G/T Zach Martin penciled in as the Dolphins pick, but GM Denis Hickey views Martin as a guard and would prefer to fill Miami's right tackle hole in the first round. Kouandjio's draft stock has fallen due to a poor combine and questions about the health of his surgically repaired knee. Virginia T Morgan Moses could also be an option.
Related: Dolphins

Source: Palm Beach Post
Apr 19 - 11:08 AM

---------- Post added at 11:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:20 AM ----------

I'm a little sad. I wouldn't mind him in the 2nd round, but 19th overall? No good.

Honestly, you guys need to stop believing these "leaks". Hickey's not telling anyone this stuff, especially media hacks. Get real folks.

The guy will be there in the second.

My mock has us going

Odell Beckham Jr.
Kuandjio

in the first two rounds

More than likely a smokescreen but remember there are probably some truths in there

Like Miami viewing Zach Martin as a guard? That's the main point I took (and believed). We could like Kouandjio as a RT. He's physical in the run game, and he should show pretty good agility for a RT. I like him a lot better there than I do at LT. Assuming his medical checks out, I'd consider him at 50. Not spending a top 20 pick on a guy who will have to transition from LT to play (what appears to be) his natural position, RT. I'm getting a feeling that this draft will be focused on offense - I think we go WR, O-line, and RB within the first four rounds. Not the way I'd go about it. My dream draft has us going RD1 OLB, RD2 S, R3 RT, R4 WR, R5 RB, R6 DT, R7 OG.

---------- Post added at 12:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:32 PM ----------

The guy will be there in the second.

My mock has us going

Odell Beckham Jr.
Kuandjio

in the first two rounds

I feel like it could go that way. You could do much worse.

If Zack Martin is a guard you have to look more seriously at the UCLA guard. He gets to the second level like Pouncey and Smith. Those three on the interior together could develop a devastating running attack. Martin's schtick is versatility but if its illusory in the sense he is really only a guard then I'd prefer the UCLA guard who may be as good or better than the kid playing guard for the 49ers.

If Zack Martin is a guard you have to look more seriously at the UCLA guard. He gets to the second level like Pouncey and Smith. Those three on the interior together could develop a devastating running attack. Martin's schtick is versatility but if its illusory in the sense he is really only a guard then I'd prefer the UCLA guard who may be as good or better than the kid playing guard for the 49ers.

I also prefer Su'a-Filo to Martin. That said, I would prefer to not go OG in RD 1 - given some of the top-end talent at other positions.

Exactly what I've been saying. Xavier Su'a-Filo is the right fit and therefore he's the safe pick. Zero character issues - he is a good morman boy. Martin has superior power but XSF has the lateral agility that others don't have. He can help to create the holes.

Abramson added this to the bottom of the article:
*Updated note:* While I understand the meaning of a “smokescreen” this information did not come from someone trying to confuse other teams and throw out misinformation. Hickey says he drafts the player rated highest on his board, so it will be interesting to see what happens on draft day. I cannot guarantee that the Dolphins will draft Kouandjio but only that Hickey is targeting him for the reasons listed above.

The only way Abramson could wholeheartedly believe its not a smokescreen is if somebody actually hacked Hickey's computer. Even then its likely still a smokescreen, just a more elaborate one.

I do think it's funny that most of the board wants Zach Martin as a RT but hates the idea of Kouandjio as a RT with the same pick.

Not me....I do think Martin is more versatile...but if they deem Kouandjio the best man to lock down the right side?...I'll be ok with it.

I am starting to lean more towards an explosive receiver in round 1 though...and using the 2nd and 3rd round to fill out our line.

Back
Top Bottom