According to SI Peter King.... | Page 11 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

According to SI Peter King....

I dont think Dan MArinio in his prime could overcome a defense that lets the opposing qb go 31 of 36.
I assuming u did not watch the game. The falcons lead. Then Rodgers marches downfield and Packers score.. Matt Ryan then marches team downfield and were in touchdown position when jenkins just falls down thus creating an interception. Then in a matter of like 90 seconds Green bay scores another touchdown like an 80 yard drive. Now the next play u could put on Ryan. he was driving team down once again and he threw a quick pass that Green bay was all over that resulted ina 70 yard interception return. Now if any falcon player even makes a play that touchdown doesnt happen and it changes the game some. A fumble was later created by a blindisde hit with the atlanat line not protecting thier Qb well enough. Sanchez on the other hand was sacked just once in both playoff games that they won, quite a difference and hell if add up all three playoff games for Sanchez he was sacked less than ryan was in that one game. Now some sacks are on the qb but the majority are on the oline. Also on another play when Ryan was driving Jenkins fumbled the ball and thus killed onother drive. Did Ryan light it up versus Green bay no but he was playing well enough to put them in a position to win, the defense at no point even came close to stopping Rodgers from completing a pass and that was a huge difference along with Atlanta not protecting the qb.

If he doesn't throw that INT at the end of the half they are at worst 4 pts down instea do 14 and it is a completely different ball game and that was w/ the gift of a KR TD. Ryan has yet to play well in a postseason game, I think he will soon but so far? It hasn't been good.

If he doesn't throw that INT at the end of the half they are at worst 4 pts down instea do 14 and it is a completely different ball game and that was w/ the gift of a KR TD. Ryan has yet to play well in a postseason game, I think he will soon but so far? It hasn't been good.

The defense still never once stopped the packers. No team wins when the opposing qb goes 31 of 35 not even Mark Sanchez. Yea the line protecting a qb doesnt even come into play in the outcome of a a game. So keep thinking Sanchez is a better qb than Ryan no one agrees with you but u have a right to your opinion.

The defense still never once stopped the packers. No team wins when the opposing qb goes 31 of 35 not even Mark Sanchez. So keep thinking Sanchez is a better qb than Ryan no one agrees with you but u have a right to your opinion.

Maybe if he kept them in it things change? we don't know but w/ a chance to tie it he threw an INT for a TD. That pretty much ended their hopes

Maybe if he kept them in it things change? we don't know but w/ a chance to tie it he threw an INT for a TD. That pretty much ended their hopes

They wasnt out of game there and if the defense had stopped Rodgers on the previous drive it wouldnt have been that big a deal or if a defender had stopped the guy who intercepted the ball without him scoring a td. That interception was not the deciding factor it was the inability of the falcons defense to stop the Packers pass offense. When an opposing team scores 48 points there is a major problem. Now was Ryan great in that game no, but he far from played poor in fact he constantly moved his team down the field. Should have easily been another score with Jenkins falling down and then u have at least 28 pts scored which should be enough to keep u in a playoff game.

They wasnt out of game there and if the defense had stopped Rodgers on the previous drive it wouldnt have been that big a deal or if a defender had stopped the guy who intercepted the ball without him scoring a td. That interception was not the deciding factor it was the inability of the falcons defense to stop the Packers pass offense. When an opposing team scores 48 points there is a major problem. Now was Ryan great in that game no, but he far from played poor in fact he constantly moved his team down the field. Should have easily been another score with Jenkins falling down and then u have at least 28 pts scored which should be enough to keep u in a playoff game.

That was a killer IMT, just before the half taking away at least 3 pts and giving GB 7 pts. That is a 10-14 pt swing PLUS Gb was getting the KO to start the 3rd. That deflated that team and pretty much ended their hopes.

I see should haves in there, unfortunately those do not count. We can also say what if they don't get the KR TD? Then they are never in the game.

He put up 7 pts in the competitive portion of the game- that doesn't cut it.

That was a killer IMT, just before the half taking away at least 3 pts and giving GB 7 pts. That is a 10-14 pt swing PLUS Gb was getting the KO to start the 3rd. That deflated that team and pretty much ended their hopes.

I see should haves in there, unfortunately those do not count. We can also say what if they don't get the KR TD? Then they are never in the game.

He put up 7 pts in the competitive portion of the game- that doesn't cut it.

so its his fault his receiver fell down in the end zone causing the other interception,

His receiver didn't slip on the game changing play at the end of the half.

did you watch that play? It was a terrible pass and decision, the best he could have hoped for was the pas to be knocked down. Watch the clip at nfl.com

If Ryan could have played decent vs. the Pakcers they also would have had a chance. he didn't.

Yr really going to put any of that game on Ryan???
A. Nobody was beating the packers last year - they were a team destined like the ****in '04 Red Sox.
B. The last time I checked Matt Ryan doesn't play defense. The Falcons got absolutely torched up nd down the field in that game, Sanchez has never been put in a situation like.that where he has had to go score for score woth a hot qb all game because of the ****tiness of his D in the playoffs. Sanchez put in that same situation gets EMBARRASSED.
C. Sanchez can't hold Ryan's jock.

There's no such thing as a team of destiny, multiple teams had chances to beat GB and they failed. Atl failed largely b/c their top flight QB didn't play like one.

You don't have to be Madam Zelda to know you weren't winning 12 games w/ a non winning QB like Orton. You guys will have a better record w/ Henne than you would have w/ Orton.

laughingsmiley-1.gif
Well I am not sold much more on Orton than Henne. We will see how well Orton plays in Denver. Lets face it Peter King has not really said much in terms of surprises he could say that about any team playing the Pats because they have been kicking butts for the past 10 years. As far as the Jets the past 2 years they have proven that they are a team on the rise even with a top tier QB themselves.

did you watch that play? It was a terrible pass and decision, the best he could have hoped for was the pas to be knocked down. Watch the clip at nfl.com

i have watched the clip many times and very doubtful the pass gets picked if the receiver does not fall down, would it be incomplete yes most definately so

There's no such thing as a team of destiny, multiple teams had chances to beat GB and they failed. Atl failed largely b/c their top flight QB didn't play like one.

so the defense not stopping rodgers even once was not as much of a factor in your opinion I mean really

Back
Top Bottom