According to SI Peter King....

The only guys for sure I'd take over him are:

Brady
Manning
Brees
Rodgers
ben
Rivers

Rivers is iffy b/c he has been a choker in big games. There are many more better stat guys but we have a guy not afraid of the big moment which cannot be said for most of those stat guys. As he matures his #s will rise but he still won't be afraid of the big spot.

your so full of it Yea ryan would not be a better qb I mean really

your so full of it Yea ryan would not be a better qb I mean really

Better #s guys, Ryan has to prove he can play on the big stage. he has had just as much talent around him, he's played a lesser team in AZ and got GB at home and hasn't performed well in a playoff game. I love Ryan, I think he will eventually get it but until he does I'll take my guy that can do it in big games. Same thing goes for Flacco. Evaluating QBs is not all about fantasy #s, this is where many fans get confused.

Better #s guys, Ryan has to prove he can play on the big stage. he has had just as much talent around him, he's played a lesser team in AZ and got GB at home and hasn't performed well in a playoff game. I love Ryan, I think he will eventually get it but until he does I'll take my guy that can do it in big games. Same thing goes for Flacco. Evaluating QBs is not all about fantasy #s, this is where many fans get confused.

Ryan had Roddy White and an old Tony Gonzalez, Sanchez had more weapons, and the Atlanta defense especially their secondary is way below average, and a bad defense and especially secondary is no match for Rodgers and his weapons, hence why the Falcons traded the farm for another big weapon to compete with GB, Sanchez had much much better defense to work with and better weapons

If Mark Sanchez was on the Seattle Seahawks or Celevland Browns the past 2 years, do you honestly believe that he would have led those 2 awful teams to the AFC Championship game?

Ryan had Roddy White and an old Tony Gonzalez, Sanchez had more weapons, and the Atlanta defense especially their secondary is way below average, and a bad defense and especially secondary is no match for Rodgers and his weapons, hence why the Falcons traded the farm for another big weapon to compete with GB, Sanchez had much much better defense to work with and better weapons

If Mark Sanchez was on the Seattle Seahawks or Celevland Browns the past 2 years, do you honestly believe that he would have led those 2 awful teams to the AFC Championship game?

Ryan had just as many weapons w/ White, Gonzalez, Turner, etc... No excuses for him.

You can talk about the D not matching up w/ GB but Ryan was terrible in that game and his INT for a TD effectively ended Atl's hopes before halftime.

of course he wouldn't have led those teams to the title game(it would have been impossible w/ Seattle since they are in the NFC:D) but he would have made them better. There are better stat QBs, maybe QBs that would have led us to more reg season wins but there aren't many that would have helped us get to back to back title games. Mark has a long way to go in his development but he is developing nicely and should keep getting better and better.

Ryan had just as many weapons w/ White, Gonzalez, Turner, etc... No excuses for him.

You can talk about the D not matching up w/ GB but Ryan was terrible in that game and his INT for a TD effectively ended Atl's hopes before halftime.

of course he wouldn't have led those teams to the title game(it would have been impossible w/ Seattle since they are in the NFC:D) but he would have made them better. There are better stat QBs, maybe QBs that would have led us to more reg season wins but there aren't many that would have helped us get to back to back title games. Mark has a long way to go in his development but he is developing nicely and should keep getting better and better.

yea didnt actually mean literally the team itself by the Seahawks, i was just using them as a team with a bad roster and little talent

As far as Ryan like i said Roddy White, their only legit threat, All Gonzalez is at this point is a solid set of hands and a good route runner, Turner is overrated and oft injured, and GB secondary is one of the more complete better ones in the NFL, still Ryan shouldnt have thrown that pass, but his defense put him in that position to have to come back again and again and force throws late

U keep mentioning these fantasy numbers but the only thing that can make Sanchez look good is the teams playoff wins. he is not half the qb ryan is. The defense lost that playoff game not ryan. Im suprised u want to give all the credit and blame to the qb when its obvious Sanchez has had a top level defense and running game winning those games. No qb is going to win when u let a qb complete 31 of 30 passes versus your defense not even the magical Sanchez.

yea didnt actually mean literally the team itself by the Seahawks, i was just using them as a team with a bad roster and little talent

As far as Ryan like i said Roddy White, their only legit threat, All Gonzalez is at this point is a solid set of hands and a good route runner, Turner is overrated and oft injured, and GB secondary is one of the more complete better ones in the NFL, still Ryan shouldnt have thrown that pass, but his defense put him in that position to have to come back again and again and force throws late

Gonzalaez has still been a top TE target, Turner had a "bad" year last year and still averaged 4.1 YPC and had nearly 1400 yds.

They were only down a TD at the time of the INT and they had 2 TDs not b/c of Ryan and the O but they had a KR TD. he didn't have to force anything down just 7 at the end of the 1st half in long FG range on 2nd down.

U keep mentioning these fantasy numbers but the only thing that can make Sanchez look good is the teams playoff wins. he is not half the qb ryan is. The defense lost that playoff game not ryan. Im suprised u want to give all the credit and blame to the qb when its obvious Sanchez has had a top level defense and running game winning those games. No qb is going to win when u let a qb complete 31 of 30 passes versus your defense not even the magical Sanchez.

The more important fantasy #s- Postseason;

Ryan: 46-69, 385 yds, 3 TDs, 4 INTs, 71.2 rating, 0-2 record(including a home playoff loss)
Sanchez: 95-157, 1155 yds, 9 TDs, 3 INTs, 94.3 rating, 4-2 record w/ all 4 wins on the road

Ryan has had just as much talent around him and has played a lesser team in AZ and a home game vs. GB

The bottom line is mark isn't afraid of the big spot, that is not something that can be said for all QBs- even those w/ great reg season #s. It's not a coincidence that we have gone to back to back title games in Sanchez's first 2 seasons.

Gonzalaez has still been a top TE target, Turner had a "bad" year last year and still averaged 4.1 YPC and had nearly 1400 yds.

They were only down a TD at the time of the INT and they had 2 TDs not b/c of Ryan and the O but they had a KR TD. he didn't have to force anything down just 7 at the end of the 1st half in long FG range on 2nd down.

The more important fantasy #s- Postseason;

Ryan: 46-69, 385 yds, 3 TDs, 4 INTs, 71.2 rating, 0-2 record(including a home playoff loss)
Sanchez: 95-157, 1155 yds, 9 TDs, 3 INTs, 94.3 rating, 4-2 record w/ all 4 wins on the road

Ryan has had just as much talent around him and has played a lesser team in AZ and a home game vs. GB

The bottom line is mark isn't afraid of the big spot, that is not something that can be said for all QBs- even those w/ great reg season #s. It's not a coincidence that we have gone to back to back title games in Sanchez's first 2 seasons.

So when and if your team doesnt make playoffs because of course Sanchez plays below average during the season Im sure u can sleep with those playoff game numbers. U cant just attribute all a teams success to the qb and just say well numbers dont matter. Maybe if Ryan was on this team u would have a lombardi trophy in one of those two years. Ryan plays for a much different team thanh Sanchez does so u cannot just say that both players would have put up the same numbers based on the team they are on. The falcons played the hottest team in football, and their defense could not stop Rodgers at all 31 of 39 is insane and also pathetic on thier D. Im pretty damn sure he would not have done that on the Jets D. The strength of your team is the defense with the oline making the run game and protecting the qb. Sanchez has been good in the post season but u cannot just discount how average to below average he has been during the season.
Right now Ryan is a better qb, now if u want to say Sanchez has had better postseason success I can amd would agree but sanchez is not even close to Ryan in terms of ability at this second. Ryan has been good enough overall with a basically one dimensional team , great offense but very average to below average defense.

So when and if your team doesnt make playoffs because of course Sanchez plays below average during the season Im sure u can sleep with those playoff game numbers. U cant just attribute all a teams success to the qb and just say well numbers dont matter. Maybe if Ryan was on this team u would have a lombardi trophy in one of those two years. Ryan plays for a much different team thanh Sanchez does so u cannot just say that both players would have put up the same numbers based on the team they are on. The falcons played the hottest team in football, and their defense could not stop Rodgers at all 31 of 39 is insane and also pathetic on thier D. Im pretty damn sure he would not have done that on the Jets D. The strength of your team is the defense with the oline making the run game and protecting the qb. Sanchez has been good in the post season but u cannot just discount how average to below average he has been during the season.
Right now Ryan is a better qb, now if u want to say Sanchez has had better postseason success I can amd would agree but sanchez is not even close to Ryan in terms of ability at this second. Ryan has been good enough overall with a basically one dimensional team , great offense but very average to below average defense.

I expect him to take another big step forward, if that doesn't happen we may not make the playoffs this year. I think if we are going to finally break through to the SB he's going to have to play much more consistently in the reg season and I expect it.

if Ryan was on our team we don't win 4 playoff games the way he has performed in postseason plus the reason we lost in postseason was b/c of our D(pass D in Indy, run D in Pitt) not b/c of our QB.

Ryan is a much better QB in the reg season but if you can't play in January what difference does it make? as Sanchez is developing he has proven he's not afraid of the big stage. He may have bad playoff games but not b/c he can't play in January- for other QBs that remains to be seen.

I expect him to take another big step forward, if that doesn't happen we may not make the playoffs this year. I think if we are going to finally break through to the SB he's going to have to play much more consistently in the reg season and I expect it.

if Ryan was on our team we don't win 4 playoff games the way he has performed in postseason plus the reason we lost in postseason was b/c of our D(pass D in Indy, run D in Pitt) not b/c of our QB.

Ryan is a much better QB in the reg season but if you can't play in January what difference does it make? as Sanchez is developing he has proven he's not afraid of the big stage. He may have bad playoff games but not b/c he can't play in January- for other QBs that remains to be seen.

I dont see things as much better during regular season . Circumstances happened during these playoff games. Your either a good qb or not. Sanchez has been on the more complete team and it showed during the playoffs. The only advantage that Ryan has over Sanchez teamwise is he has a superior wide receiver to anything the jets can trot out. The jets defense is better everywhere, the jets offensive line was best in the league, the runningbacks are fairly similar but tomlinson is a qb's best friend. The Te's basically a wash and last season the Jets had better overall wr's . If the Falcons D could have played decent versus the Packers the outcome could have been totally different instead of forcing the offense for Atlanta.

I dont see things as much better during regular season . Circumstances happened during these playoff games. Your either a good qb or not. Sanchez has been on the more complete team and it showed during the playoffs. The only advantage that Ryan has over Sanchez teamwise is he has a superior wide receiver to anything the jets can trot out. The jets defense is better everywhere, the jets offensive line was best in the league, the runningbacks are fairly similar but tomlinson is a qb's best friend. The Te's basically a wash and last season the Jets had better overall wr's . If the Falcons D could have played decent versus the Packers the outcome could have been totally different instead of forcing the offense for Atlanta.

If Ryan could have played decent vs. the Pakcers they also would have had a chance. he didn't.

If Sanchez was as big a stud as you claim he is, you wouldnt constantly have to try and convince us of it. I've never seen any Pats or Colts fans on this board telling us how good their QB is. Statistically, Sanchez is a below average QB, and thats WITH a good defense behind him, running game, o-line, and receivers. The guy sucks, dude. No offense, but nobody here wishes he was our QB.

If Sanchez was as big a stud as you claim he is, you wouldnt constantly have to try and convince us of it. I've never seen any Pats or Colts fans on this board telling us how good their QB is. Statistically, Sanchez is a below average QB, and thats WITH a good defense behind him, running game, o-line, and receivers. The guy sucks, dude. No offense, but nobody here wishes he was our QB.

I have never said he was great, I have never called him a stud. he's a good QB who plays bigger when the moments are bigger, he's still developing. I don't have to convince any knowledgeable fan of anything, those that understand the game understand he is much better than his #s show.

If Ryan could have played decent vs. the Pakcers they also would have had a chance. he didn't.

I dont think Dan MArinio in his prime could overcome a defense that lets the opposing qb go 31 of 36.
I assuming u did not watch the game. The falcons lead. Then Rodgers marches downfield and Packers score.. Matt Ryan then marches team downfield and were in touchdown position when jenkins just falls down thus creating an interception. Then in a matter of like 90 seconds Green bay scores another touchdown like an 80 yard drive. Now the next play u could put on Ryan. he was driving team down once again and he threw a quick pass that Green bay was all over that resulted ina 70 yard interception return. Now if any falcon player even makes a play that touchdown doesnt happen and it changes the game some. A fumble was later created by a blindisde hit with the atlanat line not protecting thier Qb well enough. Sanchez on the other hand was sacked just once in both playoff games that they won, quite a difference and hell if add up all three playoff games for Sanchez he was sacked less than ryan was in that one game. Now some sacks are on the qb but the majority are on the oline. Also on another play when Ryan was driving Jenkins fumbled the ball and thus killed onother drive. Did Ryan light it up versus Green bay no but he was playing well enough to put them in a position to win, the defense at no point even came close to stopping Rodgers from completing a pass and that was a huge difference along with Atlanta not protecting the qb.

Back
Top Bottom