According to SI Peter King.... | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

According to SI Peter King....

I cannot respond to all posts, i try though.

We got a franchise QB for essenatilly a 2nd rd pick- that is a steal.

When we start bringing up QB ratings I tend to ignore those b/c those that know QB play understand the rating system is flawed. Sanchez won 4-5 games w/ excellent play late in games and he has won 4 road playoff games. henne is not close to him right now. Henne could have a big season and Sanchez may not take a step forward then we can revisit this but as of today the 2 aren't close despite the similar ratings.

Dilfer was a very underarted player on that Bal team, not a great QB obviously but really important to them winning.

Sanchez will be better than dilfer, he's not better than a vet Dilfer yet.

We lost Woody down the stretch last year and for 2 of the 3 playoff games, we brough back Wayne Hunter who did a good job filling in for him. We are ok at RT, not as good but ok.

An aging D? Revis is 25, Harris 26, Leonhard 28, Cro 26, pool 26, Smith 27, wilson 23, Pace 30, Scott 30, Pouha 31 and we drafted the 2 rookies we are counting on. There's not a player over 32 on our D right now.

Brad Smith was the latest in a long line of excelelnt returners, everyone we have put back to return kicks has had success under Mike Westhoff PLUS they are moving KOs back to the 35 which will reducre returns anyway.

The dolphins have upgraded their line but they had moor room to do so, we still have a better OL.

I expect Sanchez to take a nice step forward, he improved from year 1 to year 2 while Henne regressed. He has more experience, more big game experience and has been able to play w/ high expectations for his team since day 1. I think Miami COULD compete, I know the Jets will compete(barring disastrous injuries for both of course).

Each offseason I hear about how Henne is better than Sanchez, how your OL is better, how your RBs are better, how your WRs are better yet we keep winning more games- how does this happen?

I agree Sanchez played very well i some games.....but he also lost a few games, which IMO evens itself out over season, leaving him, much like Henne, a low-mid QB. Im not saying Henne is better than Sanchez. Im saying they are both as poor as each other, but you talk as if Sanchez was a steel at 4 and better than Henne.

We took Henne (same QBR) in 2nd round and some consider him a bust (not me), Alex Smith was taken first overall and 82.1 QBR last year and considered a bust, but you consider Sanchez a steal at NO.4!

I agree Sanchez played very well i some games.....but he also lost a few games, which IMO evens itself out over season, leaving him, much like Henne, a low-mid QB. Im not saying Henne is better than Sanchez. Im saying they are both as poor as each other, but you talk as if Sanchez was a steel at 4 and better than Henne.

We took Henne (same QBR) in 2nd round and some consider him a bust (not me), Alex Smith was taken first overall and 82.1 QBR last year and considered a bust, but you consider Sanchez a steal at NO.4!

There were a few games he was directly responsible for losses in 2009, I don't think he was the reason we lost any games in 2010. Maybe the Bal game but we had an ultra conservative gameplan b/c rex is scared of that Bal defense. Other than that there were games he didn't play well but neither did many other guys, he didn't have any of those 4-5 INT games last season.

Sanchez is clearly ahead of henne right now, that doesn't mean that will always be the case but based on their most recent season it's not close no matter what the fantasy #s say.

Don't judge by QB ratings, be a smarter fan than that.

PASSER RATING NOT QB RATING!!! Anyway they both sucked last season, and they were stastically on par with each other. According to footballoutsiders Henne was better Sanchez, but they were the 17th and 18th best QBs respectively. Sanchez is consistently average-below average, but does show up big when the lights are brightest, while Henne is inconsistent ranging from one of the best in the league to one of the worst in the league. He can complete 10 passes in a row and march down the field, and then throw one that just makes you shake your head.

wow now Mark sanchez is a franchise qb lol maybe one day but not now. 17 tds 13 int 54 percent completion rate yea thats the stuff of franchise qb's lol. I guess trent dilfer was a franchise qb too.
So having a top 5 defense and top 5 rushing attack are not the reasons for your success its all about your qb .

PASSER RATING NOT QB RATING!!! Anyway they both sucked last season, and they were stastically on par with each other. According to footballoutsiders Henne was better Sanchez, but they were the 17th and 18th best QBs respectively. Sanchez is consistently average-below average, but does show up big when the lights are brightest, while Henne is inconsistent ranging from one of the best in the league to one of the worst in the league. He can complete 10 passes in a row and march down the field, and then throw one that just makes you shake your head.

The problem w/ that theory is Sanchez didn't suck last year, he was actually good but you wouldn't know that b/c his rating wasn't good.

wow now Mark sanchez is a franchise qb lol maybe one day but not now. 17 tds 13 int 54 percent completion rate yea thats the stuff of franchise qb's lol. I guess trent dilfer was a franchise qb too.
So having a top 5 defense and top 5 rushing attack are not the reasons for your success its all about your qb .

He was a 2nd yr QB, he took a nice step forward from year 1 and has elevated his play in postseason. he's getting better, we aren't the team that was looking at a million QBs this offseason- we KNOW we have our QB for the next decade+(assuming good health of course).

The problem w/ that theory is Sanchez didn't suck last year, he was actually good but you wouldn't know that b/c his rating wasn't good.

He was a 2nd yr QB, he took a nice step forward from year 1 and has elevated his play in postseason. he's getting better, we aren't the team that was looking at a million QBs this offseason- we KNOW we have our QB for the next decade+(assuming good health of course).

I agree he improved. his biggest strength last season was not turning the ball over. I think he could be a franchise qb but the book is still quite open. The biggest diff between him and Henne is Sanchez has a much better team around him esp the oline and run game. I think sanchez was ok last year not good not bad but ok . lets dispense with arguing qb rating because no matter how u cut it 54 percent completion is not good.

I agree he improved. his biggest strength last season was not turning the ball over. I think he could be a franchise qb but the book is still quite open. The biggest diff between him and Henne is Sanchez has a much better team around him esp the oline and run game. I think sanchez was ok last year not good not bad but ok . lets dispense with arguing qb rating because no matter how u cut it 54 percent completion is not good.

I am 100% convinced Sanchez will be a good QB for us for years to come, I couldn't be happier w/ our QB situation.

The problem is each of the last 2 years I have heard how your OL is better, your RBs are better and how your WRs were better- if that is the case why was our O better? why was Mark better?

His comp % stinks but fortunately for us it goes up when we need him most. He knows how to win, he knows how to play in bog games- the rest will take care of itself in the coming years. If I wasn't happy w/ him I would tell you, if I had questions about him I would tell you. I am supremely confident in his future here(barring injury of course).

I am 100% convinced Sanchez will be a good QB for us for years to come, I couldn't be happier w/ our QB situation.

The problem is each of the last 2 years I have heard how your OL is better, your RBs are better and how your WRs were better- if that is the case why was our O better? why was Mark better?

His comp % stinks but fortunately for us it goes up when we need him most. He knows how to win, he knows how to play in bog games- the rest will take care of itself in the coming years. If I wasn't happy w/ him I would tell you, if I had questions about him I would tell you. I am supremely confident in his future here(barring injury of course).

well i have never said our runningbacks were better or our oline. The proof is in the pudding. 2009 best rushing attack in football, 2010 4th best rushing attack in football.
I dont buy into this knows how to win, its a team game. he doesnt make mistakes and your run game does well along with defense u win. No coincidence the playoff game u lost versus Pitt u ran for like 70 yards and in the wins u averaged about 135. he did play well verus NE but was nothing special against Indy

well i have never said our runningbacks were better or our oline. The proof is in the pudding. 2009 best rushing attack in football, 2010 4th best rushing attack in football.
I dont buy into this knows how to win, its a team game. he doesnt make mistakes and your run game does well along with defense u win. No coincidence the playoff game u lost versus Pitt u ran for like 70 yards and in the wins u averaged about 135. he did play well verus NE but was nothing special against Indy

4th best by yardage but not based on YPC which I think is more important. we had a good rushing attack last year, it wasn't close to 2009.

We lost to Pitt b/c our DEFENSE couldn't stop Pitt in the 1st half, we didn't run much b/c we got down quickly and had to throw. he threw us back into the game but the D couldn't get a stop to give the O one shot to win it.

He was terrible in the 1st half vs. Indy but really good in the 2nd half including leading the GW drive as time expired.

Alright they were both average-below average QBs. The point still stands that neither are top 10-15 QBs right now. Plus the gap between the two is a lot closer than Jets' fans like to admit.

Alright they were both average-below average QBs. The point still stands that neither are top 10-15 QBs right now. Plus the gap between the two is a lot closer than Jets' fans like to admit.

I dont think u are off base with this although if a team wins and a guy does well in playoffs they are more likely to stick with that guy.

Statistically not close to top 10-15 but there aren't 10 other QBs I'd take over Sanchez right now for this season. he's much better than his #s indicate.

So Dolphins fans now are backing off saying they don't want Orton? Some of what he said is actually true. Could be a 10 to 11 win team with him i think

Statistically not close to top 10-15 but there aren't 10 other QBs I'd take over Sanchez right now for this season. he's much better than his #s indicate.

let me see
matt Ryan
Tom Brady
Ben roth
peyton Manning
Drew Brees
Aaron Rodgers
Michael vick
eli manning
Phillip Rivers
Joe flacco
josh freeman

yea was easy for me

let me see
matt Ryan
Tom Brady
Ben roth
peyton Manning
Drew Brees
Aaron Rodgers
Michael vick
eli manning
Phillip Rivers
Joe flacco
josh freeman

yea was easy for me

The only guys for sure I'd take over him are:

Brady
Manning
Brees
Rodgers
ben
Rivers

Rivers is iffy b/c he has been a choker in big games. There are many more better stat guys but we have a guy not afraid of the big moment which cannot be said for most of those stat guys. As he matures his #s will rise but he still won't be afraid of the big spot.

Back
Top Bottom