According to SI Peter King.... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

According to SI Peter King....

Peter King is a tool. He more often than not simply buys in to the favorite media hype at the time and hardly ever offers any true insight. As far as NFL prognostication goes, no one is ever completely right, and almost no one even predicts the upcoming season with even 50% accuracy. Most good "experts" are right less than half the time. Some study teams better and have a better pulse on certain teams. Peter King is way below average in his insight for an expert insider, imo. I've read better analysis and breakdowns on Finheaven, and that's saying something, since there's always so much fluff and bias to sort through on here. But I suppose it's that way on most fan forums...

laughingsmiley-1.gif
The sooner you admit it, the sooner you can begin to correct it.

I dont get the argument about QB play. Sanchez had near enough same QB rating as Henne. Where the Jets were better than us last year was in running the football, D & ST. I for one think the Jets ageing D will decline, not by much but decline. I also think the running game will not be as strong. Remember it dropped last year after losing Faneca and this year they have lost D.Woody. They have also lost ST man Brad Smith. I think all of these factors could hinder Sanchez, who IMO is massively overrated. He has similar no.'s to Trent Dilfer when he won SB with Ravens, but somehow he is lambasted and Sanchez is talked of as a 'difference making' QB.

Our interior line sucked last year. Our OC was so conservative and QB unfriendly (play-action on 3rd and long???) these two factors alone IMO will constitute to Henne improving, without mentioning the additions to improve our O'line and weapons available. I also believe our D will improve and no doubt our ST, which in turn will result in shorter fields and again improving Henne Statistics.

I really don't think Orton would be an upgrade over Henne...

and yessss King just sounded like being raped when asked about the Dolphins...

Sanchez was ballin' in the 2nd half of the AFCCG last year...guy played his *** off and showed a ton of skill. He nearly brought them back from 24-0 IN Pitt. People forget it was the Pitt offense that closed that game, not the D. Sanchez had them on their heels. If Henne would've fallen down 24-0, the final score would be 48-0, imho.

Sanchez was ballin' in the 2nd half of the AFCCG last year...guy played his *** off and showed a ton of skill. He nearly brought them back from 24-0 IN Pitt. People forget it was the Pitt offense that closed that game, not the D. Sanchez had them on their heels. If Henne would've fallen down 24-0, the final score would be 48-0, imho.
In the second half after the Steelers built a big lead and started to relax. The Steeler's defense almost cost them the game because they felt like they could glide to an easy win after a big first half. Sanchez was just along for the ride and the Jets didn't win because of him, they won in spite of him.

One game......Henne pissed all over Pats previously, means nothing over season. Although QBR does not say everything, if you look at the TOP QB's in league they all have over 90 QBR, anything below 80 is poor and I include Henne last season in that.

Its a bad day, when the Bills and Jets jump in to bed together. Never see this from a FinFan.

Sanchez was just along for the ride and the Jets didn't win because of him, they won in spite of him.

You can't honestly believe that. He's not an elite QB yet by any means, but the guy started only one year in college and has made it to 2 AFCCG's in his first two seasons. If the roles were reversed and that was Henne's bio, finfans would be spilling so much seed over their QB--FACT.

---------- Post added at 01:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:42 PM ----------

Its a bad day, when the Bills and Jets jump in to bed together. Never see this from a FinFan.

Everything I said, with the exception of the last sentence, was objective and a fact.

Ireland will have to answer a ton of questions if Orton is effective for the Broncos.

Back
Top Bottom