According to SI Peter King.... | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

According to SI Peter King....

You don't have to be Madam Zelda to know you weren't winning 12 games w/ a non winning QB like Orton. You guys will have a better record w/ Henne than you would have w/ Orton.

laughingsmiley-1.gif

kind of funny since even with a bad record last year he still has a winning record. Be honest do u think sanchez would have had a winning record with the talent on that team. Of course u dont

I think Orton would of been a nice pick up but his record was 3-10 last year. He was putting up those numbers near the end of games because they were always trailing. I could see if we were trying too get kevin kolb and the phins dropped the ball. I wouldn't be surprised if henne has a better year than orton

still dont get this myth that being on a bad team helps your stats. Since teams knew he was throwing wouldnt he have had more interceptions. I guess its a good thing we did not trade for Aaron rogdgers the season after he went 6-10. Amaxzing how Brees wne 7-9 then 8-8 then oh my god 13-3.kind of amazing how manning went 3-13 one season but I guess he was a loser, much like carson palmer who has an overall losing record. I mean the qb is the only person responsible for wins and losses.

The people that are saying he put up these numbers in garbage time really dont have a clue what they are talking about because if u really study his season there is no evidence of that unless u say a three point loss was garbage time. anyone that breaks down thier games from last year will easily see it was thier defense that was responisble for thier record. They had the worst defense in football

Last edited by a moderator:
jets are taking a step back this year and junc can deal with it. we have been competitive over the last 3 seasons. we beat teh superbowl champs last year and should have (did) beat the afc champions, we also split with the runner up AFC champs. in 08 we were division champs - but were not ready for the big time - in 09 our defense sucked even tho our O was solid and in 10 our offense sucked even tho our D was solid. im not making any bold predictions before the first preseason game (rexy) but i will say that we can hang with most teams. its funny how QB only puts us as low as the bills and not in competition with the "jets and pats" im tired of hearing about how great the jets are - the pats went 14-2 the jets were a few close games apart from us, and they havnt improved much on paper. i dont consider the jets a better team at all - i consider them right about where we are with coaching the big difference. if Henne puts it together this year just a little bit - and if our offense makes even half the strides our D did last year - we are right there in contention in the east. Jets hype just wont die - and pats hype is just amazing. guys havnt won a superbowl since almost a decade ago but they are #1 media team every season get lost.

Peter King inspires me....

to dust off my old Norman Vincent Peale "Power of Positive Thinking" definitive classic - (I know I too can become a media talking head if I just visualize it happening)

9781615664283med-1.jpg

You don't have to be Madam Zelda to know you weren't winning 12 games w/ a non winning QB like Orton. You guys will have a better record w/ Henne than you would have w/ Orton.

laughingsmiley-1.gif

You can laugh all you want but it's not far from the truth. Sanchez is on a great team but he's a S****y player. If the Jets had a good QB they'd probably EASILY be the odds on favorite every season to win the SB, but they don't and they aren't.

Just wondering if any DOLFAN wastes their time on the NY jests web site? I mean just GO AWAY!!!

I love people that don't post who complain about people who do.

Sanchez's stats for his career are no better than Henne, and in some areas worse. The team around him carried them to the AFC Championship game, not Sanchez.

It's a good thing we are all knowledgeable foobtall fans that realize stats only tell a part of the story.

kind of funny since even with a bad record last year he still has a winning record. Be honest do u think sanchez would have had a winning record with the talent on that team. Of course u dont

Yet he has never played a down in a postseason game, why is that?

still dont get this myth that being on a bad team helps your stats. Since teams knew he was throwing wouldnt he have had more interceptions. I guess its a good thing we did not trade for Aaron rogdgers the season after he went 6-10. Amaxzing how Brees wne 7-9 then 8-8 then oh my god 13-3.kind of amazing how manning went 3-13 one season but I guess he was a loser, much like carson palmer who has an overall losing record. I mean the qb is the only person responsible for wins and losses.

Of course it helps b/c A) he doesn't have toworry about winning and B) his team is behind so they have to throw more against teams that are trying to protect leads.

---------- Post added at 02:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:40 PM ----------

You can laugh all you want but it's not far from the truth. Sanchez is on a great team but he's a S****y player. If the Jets had a good QB they'd probably EASILY be the odds on favorite every season to win the SB, but they don't and they aren't.

We didn't lose either title game b/c of our QB.

Favorite every season to win the SB? lol cmon now..just what nyjunc needed to read...i dont agree at all.

---------- Post added at 04:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:44 PM ----------

The reason why the Jets have lost both AFCCC games is because of Mark Sanchez. Enough said.

I love people that don't post who complain about people who do.

It's a good thing we are all knowledgeable foobtall fans that realize stats only tell a part of the story.

Yet he has never played a down in a postseason game, why is that?

Of course it helps b/c A) he doesn't have toworry about winning and B) his team is behind so they have to throw more against teams that are trying to protect leads.

---------- Post added at 02:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:40 PM ----------

We didn't lose either title game b/c of our QB.

Junc please do a study of the best numbers in football and u will see that most qb's that put up good numbers are on good teams Sanchez being one of the few exceptions since he put up below average numbers last year. Its obvious that u and many others really did not watch Denver or even studty the games because this garbage time assumption is totally bogus. Please feel free to point out all these games that helped his stats so much. In fact the big losses that the defense created hurt his numbers but please dont let any facts get in the way of your arguements.

the problem with giving up anything for orton is that it puts us in a bad situation altogether next year

possibilities:

a) we get orton, give up a 3rd and henne outplays him - unlikely
b) we get orton, give up a 3rd and he plays awful - possible. now we are picking top 12 with less ammo to move up because we lost a 3rd
c) we get orton, give up a 3rd and he plays mediocre - most likely. now we are picking in the bottom of the 1st round, with no ammo to move up because we lost our third, and we have a lot more spots to move up to get a quality qb
d) we get orton, give up a 3rd and he makes us perenial playoff contenders - about as unlikely as Henne outperforming him

basically, our best bet is to hedge bets on henne. if he does awful, we are picking high in the draft, and we still have our 3rd plus a second to move up in the draft to get a qb if we target one. if he does mediocre, we are picking middle of the draft, and we still have our move up ammo. if he does great, no one is talking about kyle orton anymore.

using a pick to take orton, is a knee jerk we need to win now to save our jobs move that the front office didn't make, and I'm happy they didn't make it. whoever comes in next year to run the team, will benefit greatly from having the extra picks.

the problem with giving up anything for orton is that it puts us in a bad situation altogether next year

possibilities:

a) we get orton, give up a 3rd and henne outplays him - unlikely
b) we get orton, give up a 3rd and he plays awful - possible. now we are picking top 12 with less ammo to move up because we lost a 3rd
c) we get orton, give up a 3rd and he plays mediocre - most likely. now we are picking in the bottom of the 1st round, with no ammo to move up because we lost our third, and we have a lot more spots to move up to get a quality qb
d) we get orton, give up a 3rd and he makes us perenial playoff contenders - about as unlikely as Henne outperforming him

basically, our best bet is to hedge bets on henne. if he does awful, we are picking high in the draft, and we still have our 3rd plus a second to move up in the draft to get a qb if we target one. if he does mediocre, we are picking middle of the draft, and we still have our move up ammo. if he does great, no one is talking about kyle orton anymore.

using a pick to take orton, is a knee jerk we need to win now to save our jobs move that the front office didn't make, and I'm happy they didn't make it. whoever comes in next year to run the team, will benefit greatly from having the extra picks.

People really overrate 3rd round picks. I mean we trade a third for Orton draft a good qb prospect next year we then have a good qb in place while we develop our new qb. Not sure how that sets us back. But I mean u wouldnt want to give up a Jerry. Hartline, Turner or whatever non starter to get a starting qb . I mean what kind of qb do people expect for a third rounder. We traded a couple of seconds for broke down or never was qb's and we expect Matt Ryan for a third round pick go figure.

jets moved up from 17 to 5 to get sanchez. it cost them their 1, their 2 and 3 players. if the fins are sitting around 12-15 where I would expect them to be, and they wanna move up to 3 or 4 to get a QB they target, a 1, 2 and 3 could probably get it done.

a 3 by itself is worthless, but it's ammo to move around draft day.

a lot of the crappy teams have rookie qbs this year they invested in, so we could probably get the second best qb after luck with that kind of ammo. (my guess is the skins are the worst team this year and end up with him)

Back
Top Bottom