According to SI Peter King.... | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

According to SI Peter King....

living in NJ i unfortunately see a lot of jets games, the one thing sanchez can do is run and extend plays. I think it was the lions game where he basically saved the season with one late game escape. he also throws a nice deep ball. I really wish henne could do either of those things.

jets moved up from 17 to 5 to get sanchez. it cost them their 1, their 2 and 3 players. if the fins are sitting around 12-15 where I would expect them to be, and they wanna move up to 3 or 4 to get a QB they target, a 1, 2 and 3 could probably get it done.

a 3 by itself is worthless, but it's ammo to move around draft day.

a lot of the crappy teams have rookie qbs this year they invested in, so we could probably get the second best qb after luck with that kind of ammo. (my guess is the skins are the worst team this year and end up with him)

U really expect this regime to move up in first round for anything. U do realize if we trade a third right now for orton its possible to get other picks or use other picks. Hell we traded a 3rd to move up and get Thomas when who knows he may have been there at our pick or we could have got the guy from oklahoma st

People really overrate 3rd round picks. I mean we trade a third for Orton draft a good qb prospect next year we then have a good qb in place while we develop our new qb. Not sure how that sets us back. But I mean u wouldnt want to give up a Jerry. Hartline, Turner or whatever non starter to get a starting qb . I mean what kind of qb do people expect for a third rounder. We traded a couple of seconds for broke down or never was qb's and we expect Matt Ryan for a third round pick go figure.

I agree 100% A 3rd rounder doesn't keep you from drafting a QB in the 1st the next season either.

You get a starting QB who is an upgrade for a 3rd? An upgrade at the position that with just minimal upgrade wins atleast 3 more games last year. An upgrade, even if you just look at the Long ball, is better then Henne. Orton most likely doesn't underthrow Hartline in that Browns game.

Yes Orton is very similar to Henne in critical points of the game. They both player poorly. Orton was better in certain areas and Henne was better in certain areas, bOTH were equally bad in critical times in the games.

But it's those moments where Orton was FAR SUPERIOR to Henne in non critical moments that make this upgrade for a 3rd round draft pick worth it. Orton hits those long passes to Hartline more times then not.

For a 3rd, how can you not do it? For a 2nd? I start debating it. For a 1st definitely not. But if a 3rd can get you an upgrade at the most important position on the field, a position that with a little upgrade makes us a 10 win team last year rather then a 7 win team, how do you not do it, or want that upgrade?

U really expect this regime to move up in first round for anything. U do realize if we trade a third right now for orton its possible to get other picks or use other picks. Hell we traded a 3rd to move up and get Thomas when who knows he may have been there at our pick or we could have got the guy from oklahoma st

I expect this regime to be gone next year, so the next regime can have that ammo to move up and do something this regime has been scared to do for the last 3 years.

I expect this regime to be gone next year, so the next regime can have that ammo to move up and do something this regime has been scared to do for the last 3 years.

still dont see how trading a 3rd rounder keeps us from doing that. In fact if we are bad enough to get them fired then it should be easy. These idiots should have traded Brown when they had the chance now we basically get nothing for him.

Is there really a Bills fan in here running his mouth? Bills haven't' done ANYTHING since 1995. 29 different teams have won at least 1 division title since Buffalo won their last. Buffalo fans should be mute. Because if they're not quiet they won't be able to hear their team moving to Toronto permanently where the Bills are winless all time lol

It took you too long to set up that joke. Try to do better next time.

as for the 3rd rounder, I explained how it gets it done, it's more ammo to move up. say a team like the panthers are picking at 3 this year. they already drafted their qb. an offer of 3 picks for their one, could be enough for them to trade down, where our first and second might not be enough, and it's "oh if only we still had that third we gave away for orton"

And as for the front office, I don't think they have to do that bad to get fired this year. I think they could win 10 games and still get fired. Ross seems wishy washy about them to begin with, all he needs is to see another big name available, cower, gruden or someone like that, he'll see dollar signs and butts in seats, and out the door go this regime.

The Jets are just a flashy team picking up big name players like LT plaxico and good at trash talking predicting the superbowl every year which btw they havent even been in yet. Miami is the better team this year you can hold me to that better defense and a faster new philosphy on offense

Peter King also predicted that Carolina would be the NFC champs last year

well hate to tell u LT outperformed any back we had on the team. Remember last year so many laughed at the Jets for signing a washed up player like LT. I figured he would fit in well with the team in his role and he did. Now the Plax move hmmm should have spent the extra on Edwards although Derrick mason can still play.

Junc please do a study of the best numbers in football and u will see that most qb's that put up good numbers are on good teams Sanchez being one of the few exceptions since he put up below average numbers last year. Its obvious that u and many others really did not watch Denver or even studty the games because this garbage time assumption is totally bogus. Please feel free to point out all these games that helped his stats so much. In fact the big losses that the defense created hurt his numbers but please dont let any facts get in the way of your arguements.

I like you lockz but you are way off base on this issue. you are acting like a typical fan who is wowed by fantasy #s, you are better than that.

jets moved up from 17 to 5 to get sanchez. it cost them their 1, their 2 and 3 players. if the fins are sitting around 12-15 where I would expect them to be, and they wanna move up to 3 or 4 to get a QB they target, a 1, 2 and 3 could probably get it done.

a 3 by itself is worthless, but it's ammo to move around draft day.

a lot of the crappy teams have rookie qbs this year they invested in, so we could probably get the second best qb after luck with that kind of ammo. (my guess is the skins are the worst team this year and end up with him)

It essentially cost us a 2. We swapped 1st rd picks and gave away 3 non essential players- it was an absolute steal.

The Jets are just a flashy team picking up big name players like LT plaxico and good at trash talking predicting the superbowl every year which btw they havent even been in yet. Miami is the better team this year you can hold me to that better defense and a faster new philosphy on offense

Yep all flash no substance I guess that is how Miami has gone deep into the playoffs while the Jets have been at home, right?

I like you lockz but you are way off base on this issue. you are acting like a typical fan who is wowed by fantasy #s, you are better than that.

It essentially cost us a 2. We swapped 1st rd picks and gave away 3 non essential players- it was an absolute steal.

Yep all flash no substance I guess that is how Miami has gone deep into the playoffs while the Jets have been at home, right?

Im quite serious u study the Broncos games last season and show me where his numbers were betetr in games they were not in contention in. I have studied this issue pretty damn thorough and its a myth a fallacy. In the games they got beat down they were some of his worse games.people esp on this board want to make excuses why we should not trade for orton thats fine. they want to talk about 3rd down and red zone u know thats fine but overall orton is a good qb and played well. Denver had the worst defense in the league, u put Sanchez on that team and guess what they are still awful and he would have put up worse numbers. He best offenisve weapon under him put up better numbers than he had in the previous three seasons combined. good qb's play on bad teams . Its a team game and just because u are a good qb does not guarantee that u win games.

31-14 blowout of Seattle: 307 yds, 2 TDs, 0 INTs
27-13 loss to Indy, 476 yds, 1 TD, 1 INT
31-17 loss to Bal, 314 yds, 2 TDs
24-16 loss to SF, 370 yds, 1 TD, 1 INT
49-29 win over KC, 296 yds, 4 TDs

The SL game LOOKS close as they lost by 3 but they were getting blown out and never truly had a chance and he 347 yds and 3 TDs after falling behind 33-13.

He's a good #s QB, you aren't winning anything w/ him.

Back
Top Bottom